Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 04:06 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,290,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
There is an in between option - a separate single user gender neutral facility. That is a solution that meets everyone's NEEDS - minor students NEED to not be forced to see someone remove their clothes, or remove their own clothes, in front of someone they view as a different gender than themselves. That is a need for the developing child's emotional comfort. The transgender child WANTS to change clothes with people they consider their own gender. Why should the transgendered child's wants supersede the needs of the vast majority of biological girls in the school.
Actually I think it is wrong to force children to get naked in front of each other to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 04:20 PM

89,258 posts, read 44,992,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
The ACLU is also involved in the case as well.
In the PA state university case? If so, they lost. Federal Court ruled on the side of prohibiting transgenders who haven't completed sex reassignment surgery from accessing facilities opposite their anatomical gender, and furthermore stated that the university can't lose Federal Funding for preserving sex-segregated facilities in such a manner.

Quote:
Your unwillingness to accept someone who is transgender makes this useless because no definition will satisfy you.
First of all, provide the criteria that definitively identifies one as a transgender.

Secondly, it's not about me. It's about the MINOR girl students who DON"T want to change/shower in front of or with an anatomical male. The transgender ("says" he's female but is anatomically male) student in District 211 can't even get his female friends to voluntarily agree to change/shower with him.

What are you not getting about that?

Old 06-21-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
In the PA state university case? If so, they lost. Federal Court ruled on the side of prohibiting transgenders who haven't completed sex reassignment surgery from accessing facilities opposite their anatomical gender, and furthermore stated that the university can't lose Federal Funding for preserving sex-segregated facilities in such a manner.

First of all, provide the criteria that definitively identifies one as a transgender.

Secondly, it's not about me. It's about the MINOR girl students who DON"T want to change/shower in front of or with an anatomical male. The transgender ("says" he's female but is anatomically male) student in District 211 can't even get his female friends to voluntarily agree to change/shower with him.

What are you not getting about that?
False again, the transgender student didn't lose that case, the University settled out of court and made appropriate changes to accommodate transgender students.

Of course it isn't about you, but your posts unwilling to accept what transgender means or how to identify them is your personal problem.

How many transgender girls need to be beaten, raped, or murdered before you say enough is enough? 1? 10? 100? 1000? How many?

Old 06-21-2016, 05:02 PM

20,129 posts, read 16,202,122 times
Quote:
Actually I think it is wrong to force children to get naked in front of each other to begin with.
Well, they do. I have worked in several districts where swimming classes were mandatory. They all had one thing in common that spurned that requirement - one or more of their students that senselessly drown. In one district it was four kids at a field trip/picnic the day before graduation 15 years before I taught there.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:13 PM

2,288 posts, read 1,591,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
"In a statement, she said that the ACLU has become “a special interest organization that promotes not all, but certain progressive rights.”

Interesting comment.
I doubt CNN, Disney or ESPN will interview her. They'll just say she needs counseling on equality. Yeah, transgenders are females. Gawd this country is falling apart.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Well, they do. I have worked in several districts where swimming classes were mandatory. They all had one thing in common that spurned that requirement - one or more of their students that senselessly drown. In one district it was four kids at a field trip/picnic the day before graduation 15 years before I taught there.
People drown, swimming shouldn't be the responsibility of the school systems to teach. My sister and I learned how to swim by taking swimming lessons on our own from a swimming instructor. We didn't need to learn how to swim in school. If parents want their children to learn how to swim, then they can take them down to the local community center pool and sign them up for swimming courses.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:20 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,968,505 times
For the record, "Lifesite" is part of the religious right wing conservative media.

Conservatives just love these type of "I saw the true light and switched" type of stories. Gives them a taste of Triumphalism.

There are plenty of formally anti-gay and anti-trans people who educated themselves and abandoned their prejudices and fears concerning the LGBT community.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:52 AM

Quote:
False again, the transgender student didn't lose that case, the University settled out of court and made appropriate changes to accommodate transgender students.
The university may have done so voluntarily, but the federal court ruling STANDS, and has NOT been overturned:
Quote:
"...this case presents one central question: whether a university, receiving federal funds, engages in unlawful discrimination, in violation of the United States Constitution and federal and state statutes, when it prohibits a transgender male student from using sex-segregated restrooms and locker rooms designated for men on a university campus. The simple answer is no.

Footnote: Plaintiff was born a female but identifies as a transgender male"
Ruling: http://d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.net...nstonVPitt.pdf

Again, a Federal Court ruled that this wasn't acceptable for college-aged students, but the Obama Admin forced this down to every K-12 public school in this country based only on their "say so."

Quote:
Of course it isn't about you, but your posts unwilling to accept what transgender means or how to identify them is your personal problem.
It's not my personal problem. It's the minor girls who don't want to be forced to undress completely to nakedness and shower in the presence of anatomical males at school.

Not even the transgender's female friends in the IL School District would agree to voluntarily change and shower in his presence.

Why can't you understand that? Why are you SO into forcing underage females to unwillingly submit to indecent exposure/voyeurism?

Old 06-22-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The university may have done so voluntarily, but the federal court ruling STANDS, and has NOT been overturned:
Ruling: http://d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.net...nstonVPitt.pdf

Again, a Federal Court ruled that this wasn't acceptable for college-aged students, but the Obama Admin forced this down to every K-12 public school in this country based only on their "say so."

It's not my personal problem. It's the minor girls who don't want to be forced to undress completely to nakedness and shower in the presence of anatomical males at school.

Not even the transgender's female friends in the IL School District would agree to voluntarily change and shower in his presence.

Why can't you understand that? Why are you SO into forcing underage females to unwillingly submit to indecent exposure/voyeurism?
That was the 2015 case, not the 2016 appeal. The college settled out of court and made changes to their policy because it wasn't worth it for them to go through a lengthy and costly appeal process.

In April, a transgender student won a Title IX case which bans schools from discriminating against transgender students. You will continue to see more wins for transgender students because of this.

Yes, yes, you claim it is about the little girls, but what I see in your posts is your own phobia against transgender people.

Oh and now you want us to believe you have transgender female friends? Good one, again, not buying that one either.

Why are you so into forcing transgender girls to be beaten, raped, and murdered? How many is enough for you? 1? 10? 100? 1000? How many transgender people do you want to die?

Old 06-22-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
That was the 2015 case, not the 2016 appeal. The college settled out of court
Exactly. Out of court. The federal court ruling STANDS:
Quote:
"...this case presents one central question: whether a university, receiving federal funds, engages in unlawful discrimination, in violation of the United States Constitution and federal and state statutes, when it prohibits a transgender male student from using sex-segregated restrooms and locker rooms designated for men on a university campus. The simple answer is no.

Footnote: Plaintiff was born a female but identifies as a transgender male"
http://d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.net...nstonVPitt.pdf

Does a university, receiving federal funds, engage in unlawful discrimination, in violation of the United States Constitution and federal and state statutes, when it prohibits a [FTM] transgender male student from using sex-segregated restrooms and locker rooms designated for men on a university campus? NO.

Quote:
In April, a transgender student won a Title IX case which bans schools from discriminating against transgender students.
You need to look carefully at the wording. In that case, the 4th Circuit judges opined that interpretations of federal discrimination policies should be left to politicians.

That ruling was based on "policy interpretations" and who got to make those interpretations. It has absolutely NO basis whatsoever on the Constitution or on actual statutes.

Quote:
You will continue to see more wins for transgender students because of this.
I disagree, given the flaw in the ruling. It's the same reason the Obama Admin has lost several times already at SCOTUS: No Constitutional or statutory merit.

Sen Al Franken (MN-D) tried for 5 years to get such a law passed and couldn't get enough support for it to make it past the Senate, even when Reid and the Dems had the Senate.

Got that? No Constitutional basis. No statutory basis.

Quote:
Yes, yes, you claim it is about the little girls, but what I see in your posts is your own phobia against transgender people.
My phobia? Since when did thousands of minor school girls turn into me? And it's not a phobia. They'd feel the same way about being forced to change and/or shower in front of any anatomical male. Equal treatment. They don't want to be forced to change and/or shower in front of any anatomical male, transgender or cisgender.

Quote:
Oh and now you want us to believe you have transgender female friends? Good one, again, not buying that one either.
Follow the discussion. I was discussing the transgender student in Dist 211. School Admin gave him a private facility. He complained about having to shower/change alone. School Admin put lockers, mirrors, etc., in it and said he could have others change/shower with him. Not even his female friends would volunteer to do so. His female friends don't even want to change/shower in his presence. Got that? All documented in the lawsuit.

That should be telling you something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies