Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 12:00 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,760,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""""Each step was so small, so inconsequential, so well explained or, on occasion, 'regretted,' that unless one understood what the whole thing was in principle, what all these 'little measures'. . . must some day lead to, one no more saw it developing from day to day than a farmer in his field sees the corn growing. . . .Each act. . . is worse than the last, but only a little worse"""
I read a novel called "Stones from the River" about a dwarf growing up in Germany between WWI to post WWII. The story did an excellent job of portraying how a democratic country, could become Fascists by small increments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 12:01 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,888,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

It doesn't come in one big obvious black cloud...it comes in tiny increments.......denying it, ignoring it, laughing at it... is allowing it.
Bush will be gone in a little less than a year, and by the looks of it we will have a Democrat in the Whitehouse. I'm not denying that there are fascist elements in the Bush administration that I am not comfortable with. I do not support the Patriot act, nor do I support bombing the hell out of our "enemies". But a look back in history will show that this country has been much closer to being a truly fascist nation than it is now. A fascist government thrives on an uneducated populace, in America today knowledge abounds everywhere. At this time there are many more avenues of free speech, than we have had in the past. A seditous speech law would never pass muster with the people, and in our pass we have various forms of these laws. You want fascism? Check into the fairness doctrine supported by democrats.

Keith Olberman has a left-wing crowd, he tells them what they want to hear. Is this his right? Hell yes it is, I wouldn't want it any other way. But his rants are simply to boost ratings and attract advertisers, when you get down to it, NBC is nothing more than another corporation out to make $$$. They will do whatever it takes to do that.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:38 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Question Keith Olbermann Calls Bush a Facist!

Why did it take him this long to see the obvious?

Old 02-15-2008, 04:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
Bush will be gone in a little less than a year, and by the looks of it we will have a Democrat in the Whitehouse. I'm not denying that there are fascist elements in the Bush administration that I am not comfortable with. I do not support the Patriot act, nor do I support bombing the hell out of our "enemies". But a look back in history will show that this country has been much closer to being a truly fascist nation than it is now. A fascist government thrives on an uneducated populace, in America today knowledge abounds everywhere. At this time there are many more avenues of free speech, than we have had in the past. A seditous speech law would never pass muster with the people, and in our pass we have various forms of these laws. You want fascism? Check into the fairness doctrine supported by democrats.

Keith Olberman has a left-wing crowd, he tells them what they want to hear. Is this his right? Hell yes it is, I wouldn't want it any other way. But his rants are simply to boost ratings and attract advertisers, when you get down to it, NBC is nothing more than another corporation out to make $$$. They will do whatever it takes to do that.
Agreed!

Rush Limbaugh/O'Lielly/Hannity have a right-wing crowd, they tell them what they want to hear. Is this their right? Hell yes it is, I wouldn't want it any other way. But their rants are simply to boost ratings and attract advertisers, when you get down to it, NBC is nothing more than another corporation out to make $$$. They will do whatever it takes to do that.

However, Olbermann is correct.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:23 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,664,921 times
It is a shame to see this.

A loser like Oberdork who couldnt keep his job as an ESPN anchor getting paid to look and act stupid.

He should be arrested for being a traitor and tossed in jail with anyone else who disrepects the President no matter what he has done.

Look what we have become people?

It will come back to haunt you libs if Dumbo or Hillary gets into office, you will know see a wide open field day from the anchors.

Nahh forget it, no rep anchor would do such a low thing.

He and traitor Jack Murtha should be sharing a room with a padded cell.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:24 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,568,977 times
For being so "liberal," why does only Keith Olbermann have the guts among people in the "mainstream media" to say this?

Old 02-15-2008, 05:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post

A loser like Oberdork who couldnt keep his job as an ESPN anchor getting paid to look and act stupid.

He should be arrested for being a traitor and tossed in jail with anyone else who disrepects the President no matter what he has done.

It will come back to haunt you libs if Dumbo or Hillary gets into office, you will know see a wide open field day from the anchors.

Yes, look what you've become....someone who doesn't believe in free speech....kinda like a ..oh, maybe a communist...or maybe a fascist...???? What are they fighting for in Iraq again...I forgot...

Old 02-15-2008, 06:00 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,999,247 times
The Emporer hasn't had any clothes for years now.

Olbermann is just saying publicly what others have been saying privately for quite some time.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:25 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post

Only if Dick Cheney is in the next cell.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:28 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,664,921 times
Is used to be that no matter what the President did or who he was you didnt do these things in the public, its caled respect for the President no matter who is is.
I can see it now, the same people who are for this type of thing will b whining like mad when the much SMARTER OReilly does this same thing if Obomba or Killary gets the job.
The looneys wil be crying fowl real quick.

For Whos the doof?
We went into Iraq for more then just one reason and each and every one of them have turned out to be correct? You are holding a person to one single sentence when you know in fact that was ont the only reason. But then again who cares what you bush haters think, we are there and we have done a fantastic job that the looney commi news wont even show you.
Like it or not I believe KING GW did the right thing, had the wrong Sec of Defense in charge,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies