Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2016, 09:16 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Well, she has a pattern developing in Corruption Inc.
I don't completely trust Hillary in all matters but she's day and night better than any of the Republican candidates that was running...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 09:19 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
All these comments about either party putting themselves before country and/or willing to let Americans die in order to further their agenda are simply ridiculous at best, an insult to our country as well. I mean, I know we have little-to-no trust in our electoral process and those who rise to become our elected representatives, but look any of these people in the eye and honestly tell them they lied and schemed in order to further themselves regardless the lives of fellow Americans. I too have my criticisms, but these sorts of claims are grounds for treason, life in prison.

The problem is that we have two parties that tend to divide us in terms of philosophy, politics, but as the exchange of opinion about all that deteriorates into who is smarter than the other, the insults and questions of integrity are thrown into the mix until the exchange becomes little more than a mud slinging fest, childish and outlandish.

The positive is that two competing parties serves to keep the other in check, and we are lucky to have a system or process in which each party is taken fully to task when questions of leadership, competency and protocol are called into question. The investigation into what happened in Benghazi, much like the 9/11 Commission, helps to identify where corrective action may help us going forward. If it is partisan politics that helps get us there, so be it, but ultimately we have little choice but to trust in the final conclusion(s) as specified in these investigative reports.

Accordingly, criminals go to jail, or they are deemed not criminals. "Innocent until proven guilty" after all. More likely they are mistakes made along the way, not acts of treason, and corrective action implemented. We move on.

No stopping the living room arm chair self-appointed judges who prefer to pretend they know better of course, no stopping that any better than those who put their political ideology and bias before reasoned critical thinking, but enough already with the gratuitous claims of lies, criminal activity and acts of treason. These are difficult times and difficult circumstances and no one can expect we will manage those sorts of challenges without casualties, but to suggest these people elected and/or appointed to protect America are actually, intentionally, doing the opposite?

At what point do we get real?
For once I agree with you on most of what you say.

Many don't realize, and never read, that there are usually 2 reports.

One from the majority party and one for the minority party.

Seldom do they come to the same conclusions.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'm not insinuating nothing. This thread is about Benghazi not Valerie Plame. Own up to the partisan witch hunt that cost tax payers over 7 million dollars and didn't find anything close to what your type claimed was there...
""Republicans put party over country all the time."

When you make such claims it is IMPORTANT out to point out other parties actions as well.

Sorry you can dish it out but, CAN'T take it!

Old 07-02-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Treason has a very narrow ans specific definition. Lying & grandstanding for political gain isn't one of them... The partisan Benghazi committee didn't commit treason but the Republican members defiantly should be ashamed of themselves... Party over country just like I said...
You should READ the dems questions, if you can find any, that were directly to the point of the hearings.

Most of what they said was ALL pure partisanship speeches.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I don't completely trust Hillary in all matters but she's day and night better than any of the Republican candidates that was running...
Spoken like the pure partisan sheep that you are!

Old 07-02-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
""Republicans put party over country all the time."

When you make such claims it is IMPORTANT out to point out other parties actions as well.

Sorry you can dish it out but, CAN'T take it!
It's not about taking it, it's about staying on topic. Or is that not a requirement anymore?

Old 07-02-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
You should READ the dems questions, if you can find any, that were directly to the point of the hearings.

Most of what they said was ALL pure partisanship speeches.
It was a back and forth embarrassment to America but we all know who started the witch hunt and why...

Old 07-02-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Spoken like the pure partisan sheep that you are!
Call it what you like but my statement is correct... Or maybe the Donald is your cup of tea..

Old 07-02-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Treason has a very narrow and specific definition. Lying & grandstanding for political gain isn't one of them... The partisan Benghazi committee didn't commit treason but the Republican members defiantly should be ashamed of themselves... Party over country just like I said...
Simple Definition of treason

• : the crime of trying to overthrow your country's government or of helping your country's enemies during war

Having a PRIVATE server, NOT under control of the government control, with CLASSIFIED information on it, as been STATED, CERTAINLY could HELP THE ENEMY if it is hacked

Old 07-02-2016, 09:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:

I will take my chances.

Can't be any worse than `ol Hope & Change.
Because now, we have no hope and the change we got, has a war on our soil killing our people, and got us on the doorstep of total revolt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies