Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Jerry Brown sign the bill making it California Law ?
Yes. Any person from anyone in the world will come to CA for free health care. 32 94.12%
No, he will not sign the bill as it violates his principles. 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 03:08 PM

271 posts, read 214,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We don't need to remove them en masse. Just enforce the laws on the books and remove all of the incentives for them to remain here. Problem solved. Just because they are here doesn't mean we can't take steps to remove them even if it does take time. It's those that don't even want to try that make me ill. Not only that but if we don't do something more will just be encouraged to come. They will get the memo that they aren't going to be tolerated coming here illegally rather than like to today where the welcome mat is being put out for them.
Yes. This is the correct way to tackle the problem.

1) remove benefits to ILLEGAL immigrants entirely [schools, medical care, etc.]
2) go after employers that hire them [i.e. prosecutions and fines]
3) children born of 2 ILLEGAL immigrants do NOT get automatic citizenship even if born in the USA.
4) if it creates a work shortage (for migrant agricultural workers I can see it being an issue) we can increase temporary work visas

Do this for 10 years and then adjust depending on the results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 07:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

I swore I heard Obama promise us all, that illegal aliens, would never have access to Obamacare!

Old 06-08-2016, 07:42 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
State Sen. Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens) said his proposal provides “what we can realistically achieve now” for the estimated 2 million people in the state illegally.
“We are talking about our friends. We are talking about our neighbors and our families who are denied basic healthcare in the richest state of this union,” Lara told his colleagues.
Richest state of the Union???

What freaking planet is he living on.

California is a welfare state and going broke.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:35 PM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Illegals need free housing as well. And free uber driver rides to the mall.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
""""While President Barack Obama is getting ready to issue executive amnesty this week, administration officials are promising they won’t give the newly legalized immigrants access to Obamacare.

They’ve continued pushing for it, however — ahead of Obamacare’s second open enrollment period almost 80 pro-immigration organizations, including the National Council of La Raza and the AFL-CIO asked Obama to end “restrictions on access to affordable health coverage and care imposed” on DREAMers because they aren’t eligible for Obamacare coverage and subsidies or Medicaid.""""

Old 06-09-2016, 02:42 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I swore I heard Obama promise us all, that illegal aliens, would never have access to Obamacare!
You did hear him say that. He straight out lied. He knew eventually the pro-illegal politicianss would push it thru.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies