Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 08:24 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I give up what did 4473 do to gun owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 08:24 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
I tale it paranoia is your strong suit.
Again, history is a class you skipped in HS? College? It's all there. These are facts.

You know, history.

Oh and I "tale" nothing, slow down.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:25 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And then you inserted all guns....

But at east you admit there has been a ban on certain guns.
I didn't insert anything, he said that guns were banned. That statement in itself would mean all guns. He should have specified, no harm, no foul, he was just incorrectly speaking.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:28 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I looked it up, could have just stated background check but that would have been too easy.

So this is makes your case, this is the over reach?

Old 06-08-2016, 08:31 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Again, history is a class you skipped in HS? College? It's all there. These are facts.

You know, history.

Oh and I "tale" nothing, slow down.
Let me know when you have some facts, I'll wait

Stay vigilant in the mean time, you can never be too careful.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:36 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
No, there has never been a ban on all guns, there have been bans on some specific types of guns, but if a fear of guns being taken away is what helps the economy, then by all means, suckers should run to their gun store and give them all their money. It is great for the economy.
And how many and types of guns should we ban law abiding citizens from owning before gun control advocates are satisfied?

Say we ban semiautomatic "assault weapons" and then a mass shooting happens with the shooter uses a "legal" bolt action rifle or a 6 shot revolver. Remember, they'd have plenty of time for multiple reloads before police show up and engage them.

Are you going to call for banning bolt action rifles and revolvers then?

At what point is enough enough?

Let me guess......."Muskets"

Old 06-08-2016, 08:38 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Bought $30K worth of Smith & Wesson stock six years ago figuring it would do well with a Dem in the White House.

Needless to say, the stock has performed incredibly well since then.

Sooooo much fun making $$$$$ off of the (highly) predictable behavior of a bunch of right-wing simpletons...
I am sure you gave that to the government for redistribution.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:50 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post

Actually the person didn't specify, just said guns. Yet, the reality is, he meant some guns, not all guns because there has never been a time when people couldn't buy guns in this country.

That's more because they know they can't ban all guns, not because they don't want to.

They know the 2nd amendment is not going to go away until they can pack the supreme court with liberal judges. So, they have to be content with baby steps on the way to their ultimate goal.

Continuing to state the obvious that there hasn't been a ban on all guns is an unnecessary straw man argument, designed to make gun rights advocates look like extremists if they don't agree to whatever "reasonable restrictions" make up the next baby step.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:56 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
That's more because they know they can't ban all guns, not because they don't want to.

They know the 2nd amendment is not going to go away until they can pack the supreme court with liberal judges. So, they have to be content with baby steps on the way to their ultimate goal.

Continuing to state the obvious that there hasn't been a ban on all guns is an unnecessary straw man argument, designed to make gun rights look like extremists if they don't agree to whatever "reasonable restrictions" make up the next baby step.
All you have to do is look at states like California and New York to see the end goal of anti gun democrats. Hell, it isn't even the end goal, they try and pass dozens of new gun laws every year here. They trying to further ban and semi automatic rifle with a magazine right now.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:12 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Let me know when you have some facts, I'll wait

Stay vigilant in the mean time, you can never be too careful.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...lt_Weapons_Ban

Since you seem to be missing a browser.

This "actually" happened and they are pushing for the same again.

Maybe you should leave this thread for Clintonpdx who is actually having a debate and has some "common sense"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies