Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we have stricter gun-ownership laws?
Yes 114 28.08%
No 292 71.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 05:51 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
I am a qualified expert on small arms. Let me tell you, that you stand more chance of shooting yourself than any intruder. Guns are not the answer. Use your brain! Think about it.
Qualified? Oh really? What certifications do you carry to pronounce such expertise? Please list them, if they are "qualified" and accepted accreditations, then we would easily be able to identify with the agency to which supplies this expertise you speak of. Please don't forget to provide your certification number so we can do a check on the legitimacy of your credentials.

I assume you have taken "Use of Force" tests? Gun safety courses, assault training with fire arms and the like? Maybe even a simple hunters safety exam? Please, list these wonderful credentials to which you speak of, because in all of my training, the only thing I have heard to support your claim is from those who would have no clue on how to even hold a gun in a safe manner.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:02 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
So that's why a black person was defined as "three-fifths" of a person? Not even a "whole" person, hmmm.
it was a compromise, It was made to keep the south from having the majority voting power in the u.s. and thus keeping slavery intact for hundreds of years to come. You need to learn your history man, you are making yourself out to be more of an ignorant person.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:04 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Well then, we might as well do away with government altogether. We'll live like in the "Wild West" and take the law into our own hands. Your right to survival will depend on your proficiency with firearms. It's not a comforting thought; especially because I'm a lot more proficient than you.
So you are saying that you would simply shoot people for no reason? Or that you are a criminal & because you are an expert with small arms you can defeat any law abiding gun owner?

You make less sense than Kramer.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
You will all be disallusioned about the Second Amendment; and as you will about your own ability to provide for protection. Our protection is a matter of community - not individual - action. Put your gun away, and go down to the town counsel.
What good is the community when its just you & a thug?
Communities are great things & can sure help with security but they cannot protect you all the time.
Generally I carry even at town meetings. Its my right.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I am a qualified expert on small arms. Let me tell you, that you stand more chance of shooting yourself than any intruder. Guns are not the answer. Use your brain! Think about it.
Qualified by who?
I'v got many endorsements myself but that does not make me an expert on other peoples rights. I generally shoot several hundred rounds every week, somehow I seriously doubt I will shoot myself.
Guns arent a be all end all answer but there are situations in which you are very much better off with one than without. I suspect you know that or you wouldn't have become an expert. Think about it.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
So that's why a black person was defined as "three-fifths" of a person? Not even a "whole" person, hmmm.
You seem to have attention problems. This thread is not about race, its about guns.
But to put your tangent into a gun related context, you do realize that we ammended the constitution to make it clear that black people had the same RKBA as the rest of us dont you?

Old 06-10-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I am also a qualifed expert on small arms.

The intruder I shot and killed would argue your second sentence.

My firearm WAS the answer - my wife and child lived because of my firearm.

The above are facts.
I doubt he will grace you with a response, most elitist experts deny that what you say is possible let alone actually happens. See, in the minds of Rl & Wendell here, you dont count as an individual. As long as the "community" is theoretically safer because those awful guns are regulated beyond usefulness its fine to sacrifice you & yours for the greater good. Never mind that the founding documents specifically state that its the individual that has a right to life liberty & the pursuit of happiness. Nowhere does it say we have a right to a safe community at the expense of those that get the short straw.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:05 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,886 times
Lots of times when a man carries a gun he's trying to make up for smaller inadequacies.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:10 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Lots of times when a man carries a gun he's trying to make up for smaller inadequacies.
Funny.

Now - what do you say to a woman who is carrying a firearm - concealed?

You know, the fastest growing group of handgun owners are women -

Old 06-10-2008, 08:16 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
NOW I must say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this thread has taken on a life longer than the energizer bunny...................
What this forum needs is some newer and more expressive emotes..........such as one that has a head bangin against a brick wall .......Cause youse guys and gals are doing just that with RL and such...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies