Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 09:55 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STWR View Post
I agree... freedom is very important.

That's why I think we should round up all Muslims, deprive them of their rights, and ship them to Iraq so they can join ISIS and be killed by drone strikes.
So you believe that there should be two classes of Americans, one class of Americans who has rights and other class who has none. Wouldn't that require a constitutional amendment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 12:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I note your first site ignores the 2nd Amendment. I wonder why?
Neither site seemed comprehensive, so I posted both. I'm not paranoid enough to think something like this has nefarious motivations behind the inclusion, or lack of, specific examples, so I won't venture a guess.

Last edited by MPowering1; 06-18-2016 at 12:57 PM..

Old 06-18-2016, 02:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Try to backpeddle all you want, but everyone sees how you disregard fact to support your team.

It is a fact that ACA forces you to purchase a product from a corporation merely because you are a US citizen in a fairly wide age range.

You said it was no different than having to have car insurance.

Which is it:

1. Can you not grasp the concept that nobody is forced to buy car insurance? If you don't want car insurance, you can just not buy a car. There are millions of US citizens that get by using public transportation and do not own a car. The only way for a 30-year-old US citizen to avoid purchasing insurance is by dying.
No deadbeats, please. Everybody needs to be responsible for covering their health care costs. It's the law.

Quote:
2. You could care less about having an honest debate and just continue cheering for your team.

Which is it?
You're angry.

Make sure you have insurance.

Old 06-18-2016, 03:22 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

you not grasp the concept that nobody is forced to buy car insurance? If you don't want car insurance, you can just not buy a car. There are millions of US citizens that get by using public transportation and do not own a car. The only way for a 30-year-old US citizen to avoid purchasing insurance is by dying.
Perhaps there ought to be a base universal health care system as well. After all there is public transportation for millions.

Or maybe you value public transportation systems over basic healthcare?

Old 06-18-2016, 03:25 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
In all reality, we are upset that we can't let our kids ride a bike all over the neighborhood, not sure if get shot at movie theater, not sure if you have a future or your job be outsorced, not sure if the neighbor doesn't have an arsenal and is totally ready to spill blood, not sure if kids will have future and if college will sink you and them first, not sure your daughters are safe going out with all the date rape n mickeys in their drinks, not sure the bullies at school won't drive your kids to suicide and not sure your government is really there for you, and so forth.
Life has changed horribly the last 50 years. We have lost safety, community, finances, and trust. I am not negative, but what I had, my grands don't and my great grand might have it worse... We'll Her mom lives in deep nowhere, small tiny town, lives simple and had more time to feel free, but, not much.
So we can bark, yell cry and blame... In the end we have to adjust and collectively see how we can do better for the next generation.
As long as we have the divided politicians, and money rules, we will all lose. We separate our own selves from others over ideologies, and some just Sheeples and believe anything.
I agree some of the shooters or bombers are terrorists, some are sick mentally, and some just horribly peed off and the other 3, combined. Look at the last 20 of mass murders etc.
so what to do??? I am so happy Orlando has decided to unite, except for a few idiots,but we all need to become Americans first again. United Americans. I am not sure how to achieve that, but so thing must change. It is getting crucial.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:38 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Still have no clue what all this means. There is no government. It's an illusion.
Believe what you wish.
But if you rob a convenience store, and the officers of the illusion arrest you, and the courts of the illusion convict you, then the prison you will reside in, will also be an illusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Are you one of those sovereign citizen folks?
Since a citizen is a subject by definition, obligated to perform mandatory civic duties, it is impossible for there to be a sovereign citizen.

But American people are sovereign, unless they consent otherwise.
“... at the Revolution, the sovereignty devolved on the people, and they are truly the sovereigns of the country, but they are sovereigns without subjects, and have none to govern but themselves. . .
“... In Europe, the sovereignty is generally ascribed to the Prince; here, it rests with the people; there, the sovereign actually administers the government; here, never in a single instance; our Governors are the agents of the people, and, at most, stand in the same relation to their sovereign in which regents in Europe stand to their sovereigns.”
- - - Justice John Jay, Chisholm v. Georgia, 2 U.S. 2 Dall. 419 419 (1793)
https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremec...CR_0002_0419_Z
In America, the governments are NOT sovereigns, but agents for the sovereign people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies