Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 06:16 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,475,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So what were you doing at the mall then? Not working, that's what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 06:32 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,705 times
It's astounding how unhappy so many have become, with more material and more monetary holding than ever before. It's as you say. People measure happiness on many wrong things. I've written about the many claims today of "depression", because marketing and advertised imagery make people crazy. I personally am not a fan of commercials, I don't particularly care for sales people to try and sell me anything, I basically need them to present what they have if I have questions.
I went to look at cars, I told the man, first off, I am not interested in the C Class Benz, I prefer the E class, it to me is a better made car (I've owned two, drove the first one as a used car for more than 10 yrs, the one I have now is 17 yrs old, 200k miles, it does fine, I care about the function). I've had the Porsche's, BMWs, 2 ea, Lincoln and other cars, as I'm older, I care about durability and function. Anyway the man kept showing me the C250, as if he could not understand my statement, then he shows me the C300, I say, I don't care for it, he continued to promote it; I told him, Thank you, I'll check back at another time).
I'll probably buy a second car, as being an older 6 series, BMW, I don't like to be stranded if I need to put one in the shop for something. But I don't need a new car, and I don't care what people think about what I drive, I care that it works and is quality built in its level of model.

I see people do many things like rush out to buy the latest phone, or the latest tennis shoes and such, I can't get with that. I don't sit and watch commercial and drive myself into a frenzy thinking I have to have it. I think many people are deluded by the "scripted shiny happy imagery of commercial characters and they think getting this stuff will make their lives reflect the scripted madness". Never do they stop to think of the 10's of people who went into making that commercial and the many re-takes to get the psychological ploy promoted.

Pill commercial are some of the more egregious ones, with imagery of shiny happy people, then they start to list the side effect!!! Wham, people never think, over time a side effect can and may well become a "full blown" dominant effect. Though some may do good, but they don't have medical systems which deal with individuals, it deals with generic conceptions of condition, ignoring that each individual's body may act and react to different levels, and some may be to extremes of sorts. Unfortunately, many are dumb struck when they visit the doctor, and fear talking and asking questions and requesting a response of substantive information. Some are unaware of the loss mitigation factors they consider and they sell this stuff, they've already factor in a loss factor to harm and death and what is a figure they can accept as liability damages. After one makes a few billion, a 100 mil, is not much of a loss, therefore the product comes to market and advertising takes off like a rocket. WHY, it should be the doctors integrity of profession to know what to prescribe, not to advertise it to a patient, who can only acquire it via prescription. Such a paradox of madness.

I try to tell younger relatives, be careful what you get caught up in and be careful about your acquisitions, because not only do thing cost beyond its listed marketed valuation as stick price, it requires maintenance, of which many don't factor, nor the down-slope depreciation loss they suffer to the tune to be calculated on a monthly basis.

Money and Things are not what makes ones life full of character building things, first one has to grasp an understanding of what is their character, and support it with their integrity.

As to political things, I don't need commentators coming in the middle of a speech to tell me what the person said, I can hear very well for myself. I watch what happens be it politically, monetarily, and many other aspects, I think for any person, they need to work on being aware, because attention is an important aspect within ones life, but one has to be discernment about where they invest their attentions.

I mistook part of your first post, but we see many aspects as to the principal matters of what matters to be aware of.

Not many engage to expound as you have, which I find is good to look beyond the surface of things. We grasp the nation as well as the many aspects of how it is derailed and caught up in ticker tape madness. Where many fail to grasp that much of it is fiction, built on speculation. Most have no idea why the Stock Market was instituted in core principal design, it got derailed soon after it was established. I feel for people who struggle to build a business and turn it over as a public entity to the shyster machine, it no longer concerns itself about actual production and sales, nor quality and durability, it becomes a gambit for the traders to shuffle their money, until the business could not possibly produce to a level to meet the greed expectations of the madness of thinking it should break a record every quarter. That's pure constructive destruction, as we've seen many legacy business be consumed and crashed by this madness.
There's much many neglect to consider and many fear looking backwards to see where this nation has been what it came through to grasp where it is today. There was recently as last year a massive fight to avert the Chinese currency to be delayed in its march to become a reserve currency, but it still functions as an exchange current in various places, it simply has not and likely it is not the time for it to be or become a reserve currency. We see the big picture indicates that China has multitudes of challenges, I wrote some time ago, that China would see challenge when their capacity dropped to 7%, and it will see even more when it drops to 4%, what they missed to consider is a point you addressed, and that's the continual search for even cheaper labor and even lesser developed systems for the transfer of industrial production. China over built, much for image sake, without considering ongoing maintenance expense, it too forgeot that the world would not sit idle gaining a year 2% or less and allow China to have numbers hovering at 10%. As so, did Dubia become greed blinded, they built much and many other nations went crazy with $100 oil, thinking it was a sustainable figure, now they play paper shuffles trying to deflect default. Much of that money fed into supporting ongoing conflicts, they knew, if Oil was before the war at less than $20 and then one was gaining upwards of $140, it was not difficult to see and know, for them to put the equal of even $5 a barrel into feeding fighting and civil unrest, because ongoing conflicts curtailed production and speculators saw it and hiked up the cost, again "greed blind" until now they live in a madness they can't contain.

Now, as more efficiency comes into the energy spectrum and other fuel sources are derived for usage, Saudi Arabia is now trying to find means and method to convert and divert its economic reliance to become diverse and push their capital in other directions, trying to hedge against the change. This too, is a conflict point, because it becomes a nation vs nation competitive madness, sadly, this fuels too much in the collateral realms, some considered and some not yet considered, all the while they continue the game of playing both sides against the middle, one at a time. "compression" results into "depressions" !!!! Time is the factor which indicates what is compressed, becomes repressed thus it is eventually depressed.
Protectionism does not work, as the Ivy Leagues are grooming a whole new generation to be lost in a concept of globalist system dominance. They've failed at ethic's of any level, other than the ethics of profit pursuits. They too failed to understand the aspect of what a nation must maintain as a basis of standard to have power as a globalist player of any stature.
None can predict the future, but there has to become a morphing as to how societies function. this will have an impact on the civility within nations, as well as the civility of how nations interact.

This post is originally about ethnicity in ad's, which is depicting a shifting of market chase, nothing more, as these commercial institutions grew without constructive and aware management, and chased illusion from a form of intoxication driven madness along with the drunkenness of greed, until they are strapped not only in over expansion, over stocking and over leveraging, they are now lost in what is the market, where is the market and how to function when concepts of status posturing changes. People should not get lost in the game of ethnicity presentation, and look beyond such and grasp the context of psychological marketing play. Sadly, the political atmosphere has the society so charged on racial measures, until they are caught an lost in the wrong way awareness of what it taking place.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 06-21-2016 at 07:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies