Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 08:04 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
All I hear from "many young people today" are platitudes.
Most especially I hear it from Caucasians.

They are so special.
They are so enlightened.
Everyone is equal in their world.
None of them have a racist bone in their body.

blah, blah, blah.

These special, enlightened, non racist flower children of today talk a good (If not transparent) game but I've yet to see any of them walk down a street, anywhere in America named Martin Luther King Blvd after dark.

They have their prejudices alright, it's just that they are too busy pointing out how everyone but them are the mean and nasty racists.

They'll stand shoulder to shoulder with African Americans as long as everyone can see and hear them but God Forbid they get caught after dark, by themselves in a black neighborhood.
You demonstrate continually the position of a desperate racist.... trying by any means to find a way to feed your stuff to a younger generation to the point, you try and degrade the young, because they don't swallow your behind the times mentality. It's nothing new, we've rarely seen a Confederate driven individual who aspires to Far Right madness, to have any limits when it comes to pushing madness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 08:10 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I never said that they should, I merely said that they do. And why do they? Because that is what they are told to do, by the media, and in the schools. Any program targeted at millennials, rants incessantly about racism, slavery, misogyny, micro-aggressions, colonialism, etc.

How you personally feel has no bearing on what is going on throughout the rest of society. Your anecdote is not reality.

You seem to have little understanding of how the world actually works. Do you have any actual idea why segregation even ended? Before you go on some silly rant, saying that "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice."

Understand this, MLK didn't know what he was talking about. Why would it bend towards justice? Says who? In my view, if anything, it bends away from justice.

The actual truth of why segregation ended, is because it was a burden on the economy. Which is why the Civil Rights Act was literally determined to be constitutional, based on the "Interstate Commerce Clause".

Basically, money needed to flow freely, wherever it wanted to go. Segregation would have greatly encumbered international trade, international travel, international tourism, international investment, etc. Thus, it had to end. A Nigerian who wanted to spend his money in America, needed to be free to spend his money everywhere, and anywhere. And feel welcomed and wanted in the process.

This same principle, is why we have had a near open-border for decades. And it is why even the Republicans are so terrified of Donald Trump's "Muslim ban". And it is also why it will never happen.

Many real-estate markets all over this country, are fueled almost-entirely by foreign money. I went to the Grand Canyon a few weeks ago, and it was about 75% foreigners(mostly Asians).

Money rules this country, just as it rules all countries. Don't believe for a minute that the push for inclusiveness or diversity is some form of enlightened benevolence.

There are nearly 200 nations in the world today. How many should there be?

What is a nation anyway? Why do they even exist? Should they exist? Isn't a nation merely a form of segregation?

The truth is, people have always divided themselves, primarily on the basis that, they simply don't agree with each other. Because if everyone agreed with each other, we could have a one-world government, and we could all sing Kumbaya, until the end of time.

The truth is, I dislike strongly most Americans, regardless of skin color. I treat all people with respect, but I have no interest in living in the same home as someone like yourself(and most Americans), and by-extension, I have no interest in sharing a country with you either.

The only reason we are in the same country, is because we have no other choice(or at least, no realistic alternative). This country is a fake country, it was the byproduct of conquest, theft, and murder. You have no more right to it than I do. And since it is unlikely that we could come to an amicable split, and nor would that be in the interests of our rulers, then we are both being forced to live in this very unhappy marriage, until we die.

I mean, why would I possibly want to live in a country with you? And for that matter, why would you possibly want to live in a country with me? Would you not be happier if I were somewhere else?
Quote:
The actual truth of why segregation ended, is because it was a burden on the economy. Which is why the Civil Rights Act was literally determined to be constitutional, based on the "Interstate Commerce Clause".
(( you sound like one who make money your God, and have no understanding of what humanity is all about.))

Basically what you are saying is you are a"Die Hard Racist" as well as "Anti-American", who knows you may be one of those "Sovereign Citizens Groups" , as it is evident your disdain for most American's already shows you to be one of those 'Fringe" types, who may well need to be under observation. Hopefully the various agencies scan this site to ensure it profiles posters as yourself to ensure such ones make it to one of the "watch list".

It did not take all that, we've already grasp that fact of your demeanor and ideology. Need I remind you, that Airlines and Ships still operate, and you are welcome and free to leave any day of the week... It might be for your personal interest to make it a considered point to gather the resources needed to leave ASAP, as no one has asked you to remain and tolerate what you don't like.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 06-19-2016 at 08:35 AM..

Old 06-19-2016, 08:18 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
How silly. How many commercials contain only white people? or beautiful people? or young people? or cats?

My favorite commercials are those Subaru commercials starring only Golden Retriever dogs!

Some people get offended by the weirdest things.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:41 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
You sound like one who make money your God, and have no understanding of what humanity is all about.
Say what? I don't care whatsoever about money. In fact, I think money is most-definitely the root of all evil. And I constantly berate so-called Christians for their obsession with it. Generally by using Matthew 6:24 against them...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...24&version=KJV

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Basically what you are saying is you are a"Die Hard Racist" as well as "Anti-American", who knows you may be one of those "Sovereign Citizens Groups" , as it is evident your disdain for most American's already shows you to be one of those 'Fringe" types, who may well need to be under observation.
What I'm saying is, America is a fake country, just like every other country on Earth. Its land was stolen, and the people subjugated. Because all the so-called nations of the world, exist only through force, subjugation, and slavery. If Americans were individually given the choice to take their land and property, and become their own country, why wouldn't they?

Something like 1/4th of Americans think their state should secede from the union. And in 1861, half the country wanted to leave. Of course, Lincoln decided that killing hundreds of thousands of Americans, and burning much of the south to the ground, was a better alternative than peaceful secession.

And this isn't merely an American issue, as I said, all the countries of the world do the same thing. Because the government does not exist for the benefit of the people, and it never has. Whether it is the United States, the British Empire, the Roman Empire, the Soviet Union, or Soviet China, the state exists only for the sake of its own power(and thus the power of its real rulers, the moneyed/landed elites). Which it then uses to project its influence and control over the rest of the world.

Lincoln didn't wage war against the south because he had the right, or because he wanted to free the slaves. He waged war against the south, because if the south could leave, it set a precedent that anyone could leave. And thus, secession not only would have weakened the union by allowing half the country to leave, but would have likely led to the collapse of the rest of the union as well. Since at any time, any state could leave without condition.

It took me forever to understand Lincoln's Gettysburg address, because for the longest time, I thought it was illogical and hypocritical.

As H.L. Mencken said....

Quote:
"The Gettysburg speech is at once the shortest and the most famous oration in American history... But let us not forget that it is oratory, not logic; beauty, not sense. Think of the argument in it! Put it into the cold words of everyday! The doctrine is simply this: that the Union soldiers who died at Gettysburg sacrificed their lives to the cause of self-determination — “that government of the people, by the people, for the people,” should not perish from the earth.

It is difficult to imagine anything more untrue. The Union soldiers in that battle actually fought against self-determination; it was the Confederates who fought for the right of their people to govern themselves. What was the practical effect of the battle of Gettysburg? What else than the destruction of the old sovereignty of the States, i. e., of the people of the States? The Confederates went into battle an absolutely free people; they came out with their freedom subject to the supervision and vote of the rest of the country—and for nearly twenty years that vote was so effective that they enjoyed scarcely any freedom at all."

The truth of Lincoln's address, wasn't that the North was fighting the confederacy on the principle that they wanted to bring freedom to the Confederacy. Rather, the North was fighting the confederacy, for the preservation of the North itself.

We have to understand, in 1861, there was a British and French Empire, and both were eager to carve-up and weaken the rising United States. During the American Civil War, France invaded Mexico(which is where "Cinco De Mayo" comes from). Its intention was to use Mexico as a base to intervene in the American Civil War, in favor of the south, for the purpose of dividing the United States, and making the south effectively a dependency of European powers. Since prior to the Civil War, 85% of the world's cotton was grown in the south. France and England had a national interest, in maintaining cotton exports, to feed their own industrial economies. And they built "blockade-runner" ships for the south, to make sure they could continue to export cotton to Europe.

The only reason Britain and France didn't intervene on the side of the South as it was, was because a third of all food shipped to Britain and France, came from the North. But, Britain had still made plans to use the British Navy to take New York harbor, in the case that the south looked like they might have the upper-hand, or in concert with France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...e_Trent_Affair

The intervention of France in Mexico, didn't end until after America effectively threatened war with France if they didn't withdraw from Mexico, and that was after we sent huge amounts of guns and money to Mexican rebels to fight off France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French...nd_involvement

In any case, I'm opposed to artificial nations, held together only be force. The vast-majority of Americans hate their government, and choose not to associate with most other Americans(often, they hide in their gated communities, and refuse to even drive through vast swaths of their cities).

To the extent that we pretend to like each other in public, its because we feel like we have no other choice. The boot is on our neck.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 06-19-2016 at 04:32 PM..

Old 06-19-2016, 10:52 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
How is that Muslim propaganda? The guy in the backseat isn't even Muslim.

https://www.instagram.com/to_ron_to/
Am I the only one that don't get this commercial?

Old 06-19-2016, 11:05 PM

50,812 posts, read 24,321,239 times
I was in Macy's last week and (gasp!) there was a Black family shopping in the men's accessory department. OMG.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:22 PM

91 posts, read 126,056 times
Marketing and demographics things are changing around us. Caucasians are becoming a minority its a fact that can be checked.
Thing is white people have always been a minority world wide. But the impact they made in sciences, technology, philosophy and overall planet's workings is overwhelming.
Now Macy's marketing agency doesn't have to care about that since what they are trying to do is simply sell more stuff. :-)

Old 06-19-2016, 11:44 PM

455 posts, read 283,499 times
now we know those white trump supporters who were angry at that old navy commercial with a black-white couple werent liberals who created fake accounts like some said.

you have an admitted conservative white male op whos whining about the same thing in this scenario.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:01 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by umropantelija View Post
Marketing and demographics things are changing around us. Caucasians are becoming a minority its a fact that can be checked. Thing is white people have always been a minority world wide. But the impact they made in sciences, technology, philosophy and overall planet's workings is overwhelming.
First, the demographics for marketing aren't a reflection of American demographics. Marketing aims at a relatively small sliver of the population. Mainly young people with money(the prized 18-34 demographic).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_demographic

Young affluent whites also tend to be very liberal. Thus the complaint shouldn't be against marketing alone. The real fault, is a sort of generational cultural shift, especially among young middle-class whites, that is almost-entirely a byproduct of the American education system(especially the universities). Marketing might have an impact on the culture, but it mainly just reinforces existing trends.

Conservatives seem to be too stupid to realize that the public education system is always and inevitably anti-conservatism.

Secondly, obviously Caucasians have always been a minority worldwide, but for the most part, every so-called race has been a minority at various times in history. Though Asians are probably a majority of the world right now, depending on how you define Asian.

But that really isn't the point. The real issue here, is whether there should continue to be sovereign nations. Being that, the existence of sovereign nations is primarily necessitated as a result of differences of opinion from one human population to another. Or more-specifically, the ~320 million Americans, most likely don't want to be thrown into a Democracy with 1.35 billion Chinese or 1.25 Indians. They would then outnumber us more than four to one, and Democracy would feel more like a racial/ethnic headcount, than a choice.

This same logic can be applied to America today, and the factions within. The Democratic party gets almost all of its support by playing racial, gender, and ethnic politics. Almost every black person votes for Democrats, and a significant percentage of the population voted for Obama, simply because he is black.

It is basically just Marx theory of class warfare. Turning groups against each other for political power.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:40 AM

1,544 posts, read 924,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
So I'm watching tv and a Macy's commercial comes on and I notice there are two females and a guy dancing or walking around in different clothes, swimsuits, or underwear.

And then I notice that the guy is asian, one of the girls is black, And the other one looks Hispanic? What's the deal?

Do these idiots know that America is still 65 or 70% white?
Quit your whining! That's like me crying over a TVOne commercial full of white folk.

As for this Macy's commercial of which you speak...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies