Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 02:14 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Marketing. Demographics. Ad doesn't appeal to you? Then they weren't trying to. It's not a conspiracy, it's a business.

That would be because they don't have to. I can't tell you the last time I went into a Macy's. But I bet if I did, I'd find mostly whites there--in, according to their own observations, half-empty stores. Even if we're considering on-line sales, Macy's needs to attract customers from somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 02:16 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Because white people are taught to hate themselves.
I am white. I must have missed that class.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:24 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That would be because they don't have to. I can't tell you the last time I went into a Macy's. But I bet if I did, I'd find mostly whites there--in, according to their own observations, half-empty stores. Even if we're considering on-line sales, Macy's needs to attract customers from somewhere.
Depends on where you are, of course. You are upstate NY, not sure of your demographics there. Last time I was in Macy's it was at the Galleria in Dallas. I did not take note of the backgrounds of everyone around me, but that area in Dallas is really diverse. I did note that the Macy's I was at didn't seem to be doing well, it was pretty empty. I didn't find what I was looking for.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:31 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I am white. I must have missed that class.
Being that you are on this forum, you are also likely to be older.

This is mainly newer propaganda in the public schools, especially the universities. But has permeated into popular culture.

It is generally more-broadly defined as "white privilege", and people are constantly told to "check their privilege". So-much-so that it has largely become a liability to be white, at least in certain social-circles, in certain age-groups, and in certain places(such as a university).

That isn't to say it is disadvantageous to be white, but you are supposed to feel guilty about it, and thus prove how not-racist you are by supporting open-borders, and wanting more diversity, to prove publicly how progressive you are.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:54 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,132,994 times
I agree with TXNGL. Department stores are becoming endangered species. The 60 to 70% of whites that OP notes aren't supporting them so much anymore. They are desperate to stay relevant and profitable, so they are trying to appeal to younger people and other groups. Doesn't bother me in the least. Businesses will do what they need to do to try to make a buck. I'm used to not seeing people who look like me in ads, anyway. I'm not a model. I'm a Caucasian woman who doesn't die her hair. Until recently you'd never see a woman with gray/silver/white hair in an ad unless it was depicting a grandmother or for very matronly clothes.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:16 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Because white people are taught to hate themselves.
Maybe......but the intelligent whiteys know it's bull****

Only the lib whites hate themselves.

Lol

Old 06-17-2016, 05:11 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
So I'm watching tv and a Macy's commercial comes on and I notice there are two females and a guy dancing or walking around in different clothes, swimsuits, or underwear.

And then I notice that the guy is asian, one of the girls is black, And the other one looks Hispanic? What's the deal?

Do these idiots know that America is still 65 or 70% white?
so much absurdity in one post

Old 06-17-2016, 05:14 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Marketing. Demographics. Ad doesn't appeal to you? Then they weren't trying to. It's not a conspiracy, it's a business.
Exactly. It's just targeted at the people that shop there. No big deal

Old 06-17-2016, 05:18 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Only the lib whites hate themselves.
They should buy a gun, it'll make them feel better and get over the self loathing.

Maybe not, most are mentally disturbed.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:21 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
so much absurdity in one post

Oh come on now, don't be so hard on yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies