Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 07:43 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,659,751 times

Advertisements

By the way poopskooper, I didn't mean to go too off-topic with CNN. I just have really hated CNN lately because they always try to portray themselves as an independent news source and it's a total lie this election. At least it is well known that other news channels have their particular bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 07:53 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,032,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
By the way poopskooper, I didn't mean to go too off-topic with CNN. I just have really hated CNN lately because they always try to portray themselves as an independent news source and it's a total lie this election. At least it is well known that other news channels have their particular bias.
Understood. I only get Fox, CNN, and MSNBC on my cable feed. Fox too right, MSNBC too left --so for me, CNN is the channel I watch the most; I have no other choices.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:10 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,300,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
If CNN is talking, I have my ears covered. Trump is still strong and becoming more "polished" as the Trump Train steams toward a victory in November.
They were having a collective orgasm over at AC360 tonight over basically nothing. Claimed that Trump has completely tossed out the "Muslim ban". First of all, nothing official has yet to come out of the campaign. Second, even if what they said was correct, it does not mean a reversal. All it says is that immigrants from countries with known terror connection will be scrutinized much more. Something that should have been done for the Pakistani fiancee visa. Of course, almost all are Muslim countries. Interestingly, nobody said that it is a bad policy.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:24 PM

63,004 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Is Donald Trump softening his tone? - CNNPolitics.com

Cruz, Bush, Kasich and others need to get vocal. Trump has moved the goal posts. He lied to get the nomination and then changes his tone with the general election......FRAUD ALERT....Bait and switch scam artist at work......

Is Donald Trump softening his tone? - CNNPolitics.com

CNN....go figure. They couldn't even call the Mexicans that Trump was referring to as illegal aliens instead they called them plain ole immigrants. Yeah, I'm a believer.....not. I didn't see anything that veered much from Trump's initial views about Muslims or illegal immigration. The left just keeps grasping at straws as usual.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
They were having a collective orgasm over at AC360 tonight over basically nothing. Claimed that Trump has completely tossed out the "Muslim ban". First of all, nothing official has yet to come out of the campaign. Second, even if what they said was correct, it does not mean a reversal. All it says is that immigrants from countries with known terror connection will be scrutinized much more. Something that should have been done for the Pakistani fiancee visa. Of course, almost all are Muslim countries. Interestingly, nobody said that it is a bad policy.
I wasn't watching nor listening closely but the TV was on. Did they actually say "completely tossed out" ...???

Out of the corner of my eye, I see that Don Lemon is now on with Lewandowsky. I'll see if they discuss it.

The point which was being made earlier was that they kept referring back to Trump's exact words on the "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States..." and now it's rumored, if that's what it is, that he's no longer saying a complete ban, i.e. banning U.S. Soldiers, the mayor of London, competitive athletes (although Trump argued that there are no Muslim athletes ...right!), etc.

Beinart and Lewandowsky are now in a good debate ...I'll see what happens.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:18 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,952,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
Understood. I only get Fox, CNN, and MSNBC on my cable feed. Fox too right, MSNBC too left --so for me, CNN is the channel I watch the most; I have no other choices.
Why do you have to watch any? They are all entertainment-not news.

Their job is to garner the most viewers and in turn generate a high profit in advertising-not to inform the public.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:32 PM

Ok, CNN update ...Don Lemon show:

Well, Bob Beckel just predicted that Trump will leave the race on his own volition. He claims Trump never really wanted to be president. He is now possibly facing a humiliating defeat and he obviously does not want to confront that. He'd also take the senate down with him losing in that fashion. He's used to winning and to face such a landslide loss would definitely hurt his brand. Beckel went on to say that he thinks that Trump may be getting pressure from his family to get out ...Ivanka, especially, as she apparently is not happy at all that is being thrown at her father lately. This has been talked about before but since we're talking about Trump having to moderate all his promises that attracted his core supporters in the first place, he doesn't want to have to soften his stance. He's getting pressure from the campaign, specifically Manafort, I'd assume, that he MUST change and move to the center or he will have absolutely no chance to win ...and that he can't hold on to these ridiculous promises he's made. He then becomes no longer himself.

You've also got to wonder whether he wants all what goes along with the presidency. Sure he wants the power and the notoriety but is it worth it to him? Just the campaign as it stands will put him prominently in the history books. To add his getting out on his own will or getting overthrown at the convention, will surely mark him as famous in U.S. history, possibly close to the fame as some presidents, or you'd think.

So will he bow out before the convention? Who knows at this point.
~amanda

Old 06-27-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Why do you have to watch any? They are all entertainment-not news.

Their job is to garner the most viewers and in turn generate a high profit in advertising-not to inform the public.
You certainly have a point. But so is hanging out on this forum. Both taint the real news. I'm hoping to get away from both as it's starting to consume me.

Both are a lazy way to get the news. And both are not a very reliable way to get the news.

But where to go? On the internet, I still have to read through enough of the site to see which way it leans. What paper publications are unbiased? None that I know of.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:45 PM

13,465 posts, read 9,978,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
Ok, CNN update ...Don Lemon show:

Well, Bob Beckel just predicted that Trump will leave the race on his own volition. He claims Trump never really wanted to be president. He is now possibly facing a humiliating defeat and he obviously does not want to confront that. He'd also take the senate down with him losing in that fashion. He's used to winning and to face such a landslide loss would definitely hurt his brand. Beckel went on to say that he thinks that Trump may be getting pressure from his family to get out ...Ivanka, especially, as she apparently is not happy at all that is being thrown at her father lately. This has been talked about before but since we're talking about Trump having to moderate all his promises that attracted his core supporters in the first place, he doesn't want to have to soften his stance. He's getting pressure from the campaign, specifically Manafort, I'd assume, that he MUST change and move to the center or he will have absolutely no chance to win ...and that he can't hold on to these ridiculous promises he's made. He then becomes no longer himself.

You've also got to wonder whether he wants all what goes along with the presidency. Sure he wants the power and the notoriety but is it worth it to him? Just the campaign as it stands will put him prominently in the history books. To add his getting out on his own will or getting overthrown at the convention, will surely mark him as famous in U.S. history, possibly close to the fame as some presidents, or you'd think.

So will he bow out before the convention? Who knows at this point.
~amanda
I don't know if he'll bow out but I agree with the rest of your post. I have always maintained that this was a marketing stunt and it's all about the brand.

Losing is bad for the brand. Not that he actually wants the job either.

All he really wanted was to emblazon the White House with the Trump logo. (Or have people envision it).

The reality of the job is not what he ever wanted.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:54 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,478,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
I used to think of CNN as an independent news channel compared to many of the other news channels. Lately I've realized just how biased CNN really is. They are so in love with Hillary and hate Trump so much. Look at all of their articles on the front page. Any mention of Clinton is either something informational or positive. Any mention of Trump is negative. They are certainly not trying to hide their liberal bias this election. You ever notice that they constantly put on Republican commentators who are Never Trump type people? Even before Trump's recent screw-ups I have noticed they have been like this the whole year.
This thread is not about CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies