Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 05:31 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We would also be ruled by the elites. There would be no indiviualism, a one world government to rule all of us.
That's a good point.

I can understand why the elites in power want a globalized economy/market/community, but for the life of me, I don't understand why common people wish to subjugate themselves under something that would oppress them in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 05:38 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
That's a good point.

I can understand why the elites in power want a globalized economy/market/community, but for the life of me, I don't understand why common people wish to subjugate themselves under something that would oppress them in the long run.
Many don't even know what is going on .. they think it is some kind of conspiracy theory as if it isn't happening but it is.. they don't even look to see.. They are being programmed by the globalist to get their eye off what is really happening and telling them to look elsewhere to distract them as it slowly moves in the direction of a global world.

It is like a magician. take your eye off with the distraction , and they trick you . The distraction is words, and they trick them to think a certain way .

Old 06-25-2016, 09:54 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
It was actually. Europe plundered the continent, and created borders that grouped all kinds of cultures together creating centuries of conflict.

Way back when Europeans first learned science, math, philosophy, etc. from places like Timbuktu and Alexandria.
Timbuktu and Alexandria were extensions of the greater Islamic empire. No wealth or knowledge originated in Africa that wasn't due to Europeans or Muslims. The locals are still living in the same huts they were 5,000 years ago. Africa has been regressing since the European colonists left.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:00 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
I was looking at some protest photos in London, where pro-remain activists held signs such as "I love no borders," "Refugees welcome here," and "Diversity is beautiful." And on the surface, what they preach sounds lovely, but it's not sustainable, and here are just a few reasons why:

1. A global world means fewer people governing a larger population. Therefore, there is actually a mass shrinkage in the diversity of the governing body. Instead of local laws/regulations affecting a small population, and varying (in diversity) from nearby states/provinces/countries, globalism asks the masses to adhere to the same rule of law. How diverse is that?

2. There is less diversity in goods and services. Have you ever called customer support, only to get some guy with an Indian accent on the other end that you couldn't understand? We used to have a diversity of call centers (and a diversity of available jobs for that matter) that have now been sent off to counties like India. As for products, did you know that when you buy something "Made in Italy" or Canada, or wherever, it may be in name only? There are actually Chinese-run factories in various countries that use similar poor quality standards that they do back home, and yet hide behind the reputation of these countries for more profits. I don't know about you, but when I received things from other countries, I valued the diversity of the renown craftsmanship and historical quality behind these products.

3. If globalism reached it's pinnacle, the world would not be diverse at all. Let's say the borders were split wide open and we all mingled together in a ethnic sludge for generations. Imagine the world many centuries down the road: everyone would act the same, everyone would speak the same, and there would be no reason to travel to experience other cultures (for there would be only 1). In fact, everyone would eventually physically look the same. Frekin' boring if you ask me.

So globalism promises a diverse utopia in its disguise, and they bash nationalists for advocating uniformity, when globalism would be even more homogeneous and dreary than any governing system.
So are you a Globalist leftist speaking for yourself?

Old 06-25-2016, 10:03 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
In 100% agreement.

What the low information, newer generation voters spouting "multiculturalism"--words fed by globalist corporate media--fail to understand is that culture is a function of separate evolution of populations.

That if they really want to experience other cultures, and not an amorphous future gray goo, they have to allow them to grow in their own settings, and visit them.

Let the newer generation chart their own course like we all did. They are not low information voters. Thinking you know better is pretty funny since you were once them

Old 06-25-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
So are you a Globalist leftist speaking for yourself?
Is that a rhetorical question or sarcasm?

Old 06-25-2016, 10:16 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times
Quote:
I was looking at some protest photos in London, where pro-remain activists held signs such as "I love no borders," "Refugees welcome here," and "Diversity is beautiful." And on the surface, what they preach sounds lovely, but it's not sustainable, and here are just a few reasons why:

1. A global world means fewer people governing a larger population. Therefore, there is actually a mass shrinkage in the diversity of the governing body. Instead of local laws/regulations affecting a small population, and varying (in diversity) from nearby states/provinces/countries, globalism asks the masses to adhere to the same rule of law. How diverse is that?

2. There is less diversity in goods and services. Have you ever called customer support, only to get some guy with an Indian accent on the other end that you couldn't understand? We used to have a diversity of call centers (and a diversity of available jobs for that matter) that have now been sent off to counties like India. As for products, did you know that when you buy something "Made in Italy" or Canada, or wherever, it may be in name only? There are actually Chinese-run factories in various countries that use similar poor quality standards that they do back home, and yet hide behind the reputation of these countries for more profits. I don't know about you, but when I received things from other countries, I valued the diversity of the renown craftsmanship and historical quality behind these products.

3. If globalism reached it's pinnacle, the world would not be diverse at all. Let's say the borders were split wide open and we all mingled together in a ethnic sludge for generations. Imagine the world many centuries down the road: everyone would act the same, everyone would speak the same, and there would be no reason to travel to experience other cultures (for there would be only 1). In fact, everyone would eventually physically look the same. Frekin' boring if you ask me.

So globalism promises a diverse utopia in its disguise, and they bash nationalists for advocating uniformity, when globalism would be even more homogeneous and dreary than any governing system.
If we take your logic to its final point then we should all be striving to a return to the City-State. Globalization is the outcome of progressing from the City-State to the Nation-State.
Should mankind be so fortunate to survive centuries down the road I suspect the debate will be between the residents of home world and various off world colonial comglomerates.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Should mankind be so fortunate to survive centuries down the road I suspect the debate will be between the residents of home world and various off world colonial comglomerates.
Are you talking about aliens?

Old 06-25-2016, 10:39 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times
Quote:
Are you talking about aliens?
Interesting question. Original Earth colonist having lived in a variety of nonearth environments for several generations may well have adapted so much as to be viewed as aliens by some of those still remaining on Earth.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Interesting question. Original Earth colonist having lived in a variety of nonearth environments for several generations may well have adapted so much as to be viewed as aliens by some of those still remaining on Earth.
Well we already have aliens. The illegal kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies