Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:20 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
You just edited.

You don't understand the subject and started a topic making a huge error! You don't know what you are talking about.

As mentioned you can buy tanks, I seen privately owned ones that still are operating, freaking awesome by the way, google it in your area, the owners sometimes lets the public see it on display for a fee(hey you can't blame them for making money in return you are entertained).

You can make your own projectiles, not effective in a military campaign, but effective enough against non armored targets at less than 50 yards. Google it, but you will end up on a DHS list, don't worry it is almost weird not to be on a list these days.

Other people have mentioned the other reasons as well.

You don't know what you are talking about.

If you don't know what you are talking about, how can you expect to convince the other side? We just laugh, and don't take you seriously. Like the firearm debates.
Yes, I revised. My point still remains. Automatic weapons. Clearly when shooters can get them they want them as seen in Paris and Belgium. But its rarer to see mass shootings with automatic weapons because there is a higher degree of regulation attached to obtaining them.

So my point still stands.

Increased regulation or banning WILL make it harder for criminals to get guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I got all the humor I need from yet another thread started from a juvenile perspective. Always good for a laugh... But only for so long.
You're right only for so long...because my point is still intact.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why don't liberals learn anything?

Tanks are not illegal; neither are fully automatic machine guns. They are just regulated and reserved for the rich and power to use only.

It would cost over $5000 to own a machine gun with lengthy paperwork. This alone makes it a toy for the rich and powerful. No common people can afford such a price tag but you don't hear the Democrats crying foul on this one because .... right, Democrats don't want poor people to own machine guns or any guns. Rich people? Buy all your want.

How many rich people except for UBL do you know would go postal? Religious fanatics are often poor and uninformed.
No, you proved my point. It's harder to get a machine gun which is the whole point of increased regulation.

Duh.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:26 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
The point, it's not as efficient as a gun. There's another case in China where a guy stabbed 20 school children and they all survived.

Again, what's the max allowed efficiency ratio, then? Who decides?

Knives are more efficient than bare hands - we should ban all knives.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:30 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,816,707 times
Ok so I am getting reputation for my hands ban, I thought I was being ignored.

OP please tell me you have a brain and have learned by now practically anything can be a killing machine. Like 9/11 was from airplanes. Are you gonna propose an airplane ban too? My hands could be a killing machine if I wanted them to be, hell I did just kill a mosquito earlier, I am "armed" (yes, pun intended) and dangerous

Old 06-30-2016, 08:30 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Again, what's the max allowed efficiency ratio, then? Who decides?

Knives are more efficient than bare hands - we should ban all knives.

They actually have done that in the UK.

Not ALL knives, but ones with a certain length.

It has become quite burdensome for chefs.
It is utterly astonishing that they would double down on their idiocy rather than realizing the flaw in their logic.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:31 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
Quote:
You're right only for so long...because my point is still intact.
No it doesn't. You haven't addressed the cost or the pre 86 requirement. Do yourself a favor: just google fully automatic for sale...

Once again, another failed thread by the poster.

To mimic Eminem from 8 mile...

Here's a pencil dog
Go home, write some s.it, make it suspenseful...

Old 06-30-2016, 08:32 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
I understand Toyota is getting in the Tank business. Hope they open a plant here in Texas.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:33 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
No it's not a troll thread. It's a simple question that challenges the assertion that high regulation and gun bans won't work. They do work otherwise we'd be seeing more mass shootings carried out with fully automatic weapons.

Boom. Tell me that doesn't cave in the whole "criminals will just get guns anyway" argument.

NO THEY WONT. Because we can see they won't.

BS!!! If you think that criminals are going to respect gun bans then you are about as ignorant as they come. The only people gun bans are going to effect is the law abiding citizen that you gun grabbers are so willing to leave unprotected against criminals. Who the hell are you to tell me I can't protect myself and family from these criminals. If you want the government to run your life and tell you what you can and can't do go to a country where they regulate everything you do. We have rights in this country that others don't have, Leave.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I can't really find any production numbers so take this with a grain of salt. It's is more about supply, the amount of NFA firearms in our country is miniscule compared to semi-auto, bolt action, lever action and single shot firearms. And the ones that are legal are highly prized and well secured. Remember , any legal class III firearm has to be manufactured prior to 1986. There really just isn't that many around for the criminals to steal.
Exactly. And why are all the other kinds of guns still around? Because they've been legal and less regulated all this time so a surplus in the public realm has been allowed to build up.

So of course, gun violence is not going to stop until these guns age, breakdown and slowly naturally decrease in numbers once banned or more regulated. But if you never ban or more regulate them, the supply will never dry up.

Notice, as you admitted, the civilian supply of more regulated guns is very low and their use low. And that's due to a long history of being more regulated than other weaponry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies