Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:56 PM

2 posts, read 901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
[URL="http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/27/richard-posner-no-value-in-studying-us-constitutio/"]Richard Posner: 'No value' in studying the U.S. Constitution - Washington Times[/URL]

Judges like that have no business sitting on the bench and need to be impeached.

The beauty of the Constitution is that it is timeless. The Constitution does address the culture and technology of the 21st Century, but this judge is just too blind to see.
He's right. This document needs to be scrapped as it's no longer viable. It withstood the ind rev pretty well and even long into the industrial era. However this latest info rev has rendered it useless.

Our nation will continue to disintegrate so long as that document remains the bedrock. We've had an earthquake and the ground has opened up on which these rights of man doctrines have been swallowed whole. Jefferson would be pleased, however in the techno rev life is cheap and valueless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 04:53 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmdlksp View Post
He's right. This document needs to be scrapped as it's no longer viable. It withstood the ind rev pretty well and even long into the industrial era. However this latest info rev has rendered it useless.

Our nation will continue to disintegrate so long as that document remains the bedrock. We've had an earthquake and the ground has opened up on which these rights of man doctrines have been swallowed whole. Jefferson would be pleased, however in the techno rev life is cheap and valueless.
Our nation is disintegration BECAUSE our federal judges and elected representatives and administration are IGNORING the Constitution, in DIRECT violation of their sworn oaths.

Old 07-01-2016, 04:59 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Richard Posner: 'No value' in studying the U.S. Constitution - Washington Times

Judges like that have no business sitting on the bench and need to be impeached.

The beauty of the Constitution is that it is timeless. The Constitution does address the culture and technology of the 21st Century, but this judge is just too blind to see.

1st. then how in the hell did you ever get to be a judge?

2nd. then it looks like every decision that you ever make will always be reversed as you will never be using the Constitution to base your decisions based on it.

Old 07-01-2016, 05:03 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Richard Posner: 'No value' in studying the U.S. Constitution - Washington Times

the judge is auditioning for a job in the new world order, officially begun when Hillary gets appointed president through a predetermined 'election' process.

Old 07-01-2016, 05:10 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
I highly suggest everyone read up on the guy. His statement is asinine, no doubt.

He sits on the 7th court of appeals. He is also the most cited judge in history.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2...s_witty_moral_

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich...brilliant.html

GOP voter ID law gets crushed: Why Judge Richard Posner’s new opinion is so amazing - Salon.com

Old 07-01-2016, 05:16 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
As do conservatives. The US constitution is not worth the paper it is written on. That is not because of any deficiency in the document it's self but because of a Supreme court that is near totally political in nature. Constitutional issues are supposed to be decided by legal arguments not by partisan political positions. Therefore the US Supreme Court is not a law court at all but just a hack, partisan political kangaroo court that decides matters due to politics and not by legal and constitutional arguments.
Well said.

The Constitution was aborted practically at its birth.

But the final blow came when Lincoln tore it up and got rid of states' rights.

Now we have our own version of the EU -- a sinking ship in need of 50 Brexits.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:56 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,476,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
As do conservatives. The US constitution is not worth the paper it is written on. That is not because of any deficiency in the document it's self but because of a Supreme court that is near totally political in nature. Constitutional issues are supposed to be decided by legal arguments not by partisan political positions. Therefore the US Supreme Court is not a law court at all but just a hack, partisan political kangaroo court that decides matters due to politics and not by legal and constitutional arguments.
Please compare Scalia to Ginsburg and get back to us.

Anyone who has actually read constitutional law and SCOTUS decisions understand that Kagan, Sotomayor, and Ginsburg all make a ruling based on their personal political ideology. Just look at the splits on every pro-gun case going in vs the abortion case (or 1A cases). Conservatives are MORE likely to vote based on the Constitution, even when they don't personally agree with the group.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Please compare Scalia to Ginsburg and get back to us.

Anyone who has actually read constitutional law and SCOTUS decisions understand that Kagan, Sotomayor, and Ginsburg all make a ruling based on their personal political ideology.
Not only that, they emote; they don't think. They make emotional decisions, not rational or logical decisions. The male liberal Justices are guilty of that, as well.

I made this point in the SCOTUS abortion ruling thread that WAY too few even considered...
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Think very carefully about this: Ambulatory surgery centers have to meet minimum medical and facilities standards, yet abortion centers which perform surgical procedures on women do not. That's a clear violation of the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause.
SCOTUS just set the horrible legal precedent of striking down women's 14th Amendment right to equal protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Just look at the splits on every pro-gun case going in vs the abortion case (or 1A cases). Conservatives are MORE likely to vote based on the Constitution, even when they don't personally agree with the group.
Exactly. And that's what SCOTUS Justices are SUPPOSED to do, NOT legislate from the bench in emotionally-driven fits of irrational judicial activism.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:24 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Reagan nominated him.

Do they all take an oath LIKE THE PRESIDENT to preserve, protect and defend the constitution?

Old 07-01-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do they all take an oath LIKE THE PRESIDENT to preserve, protect and defend the constitution?
Quite so:
Quote:
Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States are required to take two oaths before they may execute the duties of their appointed office.

The Constitutional Oath:

"I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

The Judicial Oath:

"I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as _________ under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God."

Or, a Combined Version:

"I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as _________ under the Constitution and laws of the United States; and that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."
Text of the Oaths of Office for Supreme Court Justices - supremecourt.gov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies