Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 06:33 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,796,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This woman is a radical leftist and she understands anti-immigration sentiments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iooBRFiluPU
It sounds to me like she doesn't comprehend the difference between an immigrant and an illegal immigrant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 06:34 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,391,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I remember hearing about Ronald Reagan saying "Hispanics are Republicans, they just don't know it". This was something to get more Hispanics to vote for Reagan, citing that Hispanics share the values of hard work, family values, and personal responsibility. Since when has any Republican politician in the last 45 years said that of Blacks?
When has any Democrat politician ever said that of blacks? It seems all the left says is how helpless blacks are and can't survive without help from Big Brother. Blacks can't even manage to get an ID according to the democrats.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,297,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
If the White population were larger (percentage wise), would the situation honestly be better for Blacks? In some ways, a more diverse population helps Blacks because they aren't the sole focal point of racism from the White majority. Furthermore, it also erodes the political power of the White majority and also makes it far more difficult for them to pass racist laws.
True.

Furthermore, when have whites ever asked us to join hands with them on any OTHER issue but this one? They have no interest in fixing black schools, majority black towns and cities or black neighborhoods, housing, poverty, or anything else. When it comes to THOSE things, then it's a them vs us proposition. We're not all in this together when it comes to that stuff.

But on THIS, they wanna join hands? And why should we trust them on this issue?

For the record, when Jim Crow reigned supreme in the segregated south, they welcomed Hispanic Cubans with open arms and treated them better than the black population that had been in Florida for nearly two centuries.

So again, Nah, I'll pass.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yet you voted for Obama. That's on you.

um yes jobs are meaningful

Percentage wise not nearly as many whites were hurt compared to blacks.

They're just like you, voting in the status quo and expecting different results.

It's about how it hurts minorities more than whites. Like it always does. You'd think they'd pull their collective heads out and support polices that work since they always end up worse off as a group when the sh#t hits the fan..
Give me evidence that blacks are hurt worse.

Whole towns in the south and Great Plains were taken over by illegals and whites no longer work in the industries that employed most of the people in the region. Whites were forced out. Where were blacks ever forced out of?

There are millions of really poor whites in this country. You know many of them, and so do I. You live in a state full of them.

There is a poster on this board who frequently speaks out on this topic when it comes up that lost his construction business because his competitors all hired illegals. That poster is white, and I'm sure he'll be popping in.

And he can't be the only one. Not even close.

Regardless, don't worry about who and what blacks support. Just worry about yourself.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:06 PM

22,687 posts, read 24,700,289 times
Blacks may not have a good economic reason to support immigration.

But that Black/Brown coalition, that is going to put the boots to Whitey....that is motivation enough to let-in/bring-in more and more Hispanics/Latinos/Chicanos/Mestizos!

Old 07-03-2016, 07:13 PM

455 posts, read 284,597 times
bringing in illegals or whoever hasnt hurt me. im at least half black and in the best financial position of my life.

i know im not in the market for field or fast food jobs which illegals do.

if the economy is firing on all cylinders, nobody cares about illegal immigration, simple as that.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Blacks may not have a good economic reason to support immigration.

But that Black/Brown coalition, that is going to put the boots to Whitey....that is motivation enough to let-in/bring-in more and more Hispanics/Latinos/Chicanos/Mestizos!
That's a fair theory, but I disagree. It's not that complicated.

Blacks simply have no reason to trust whites on this issue. I gave you guys the Cuban example already, and it's irrefutable.

Whites welcomed in hundreds of thousands Hispanic Cuban immigrants into Jim Crow Florida and put them at the head of the line while continuing to subject blacks (native to Florida since slavery) to humiliating segregation. Cubans had the run of the place.

So why join hands and trust whites now? They didn't care about our job prospects back then.

And truthfully, they don't care about our job prospects now. They just don't want any vestiges of their political power to be diluted.

That's the truth that whites won't tell you.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:21 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,683,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
True.

Furthermore, when have whites ever asked us to join hands with them on any OTHER issue but this one? They have no interest in fixing black schools, majority black towns and cities or black neighborhoods, housing, poverty, or anything else. When it comes to THOSE things, then it's a them vs us proposition. We're not all in this together when it comes to that stuff.

But on THIS, they wanna join hands? And why should we trust them on this issue?

For the record, when Jim Crow reigned supreme in the segregated south, they welcomed Hispanic Cubans with open arms and treated them better than the black population that had been in Florida for nearly two centuries.

So again, Nah, I'll pass.

I'm curious how you think white people are supposed to fix black schools, black towns and cities and black neighborhoods, housing and poverty.

What is it you would have white people do to fix those things?

Old 07-03-2016, 07:25 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,683,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's a fair theory, but I disagree. It's not that complicated.

Blacks simply have no reason to trust whites on this issue. I gave you guys the Cuban example already, and it's irrefutable.

Whites welcomed in hundreds of thousands Hispanic Cuban immigrants into Jim Crow Florida and put them at the head of the line while continuing to subject blacks (native to Florida since slavery) to humiliating segregation. Cubans had the run of the place.

So why join hands and trust whites now? They didn't care about our job prospects back then.

And truthfully, they don't care about our job prospects now. They just don't want any vestiges of their political power to be diluted.

That's the truth that whites won't tell you.

All the white people in those areas welcomed them in? I'm thinking it was the politicians and not the masses.

The truth is, white people are apathetic about their own future. They don't lift a finger to right the wrongs or fight for themselves. Thinking they're going to shake off that apathy to fight for others isn't realistic.

I swear there's something in the water or some other thing happening that's dulling our senses and leaving us all apathetic.

Old 07-03-2016, 07:28 PM

45,763 posts, read 27,388,717 times
Didn't see the video... Seems like more of a class issue than a race issue.

Black people own companies and can skimp on employment as much as white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies