Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 04:22 AM

313 posts, read 329,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm curious how you think white people are supposed to fix black schools, black towns and cities and black neighborhoods, housing and poverty.

What is it you would have white people do to fix those things?
I think what the poster is saying is that whites only care about blacks when they need them.

If the ilegal immigration issue went away tomorrow, the issues against blacks will resume like it always has.

There is a reason why most trump supporters are white. Its an insight into the minds of allot of white people.

I feel sorry for black people in that some people want to just use them as pawns when its convienient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 06:05 AM

135 posts, read 94,006 times
This Yvette Carnell person can be thoughtful, but she always misses the point slightly,. Black people are not enterprising enough - this is our problem. We have left our fate in the hands of other groups, and that's why we suffer. If we had adequate businesses and infrastructure, we could then provide jobs and protect ourselves from outside forces.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:15 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
I think what the poster is saying is that whites only care about blacks when they need them.

If the ilegal immigration issue went away tomorrow, the issues against blacks will resume like it always has.

There is a reason why most trump supporters are white. Its an insight into the minds of allot of white people.

I feel sorry for black people in that some people want to just use them as pawns when its convienient.

Really? Please explain to us why you think that most Trump supporters are white. Are you not aware of the number of whites that are Democrats?

If you think that many Hispanics care about blacks you aren't dealing in reality.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:25 AM

45,628 posts, read 27,240,441 times
Are you actually debating why most Trump supporters are white?

He on the Republican ticket. Black people overwhelmingly have voted Democrat for decades.

Seems like a no brainer...

Old 07-04-2016, 06:33 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with detroitdeserter on this one.

It does seem as if whites want to point the finger at black people and try to get us to hate Latinos just because they do. I personally believe this is due to the fact that black people know how to organize and make changes in local, state, and federal governments when we want to due to our culture being one dedicated to social uplift and activism. It is odd IMO that whites are trying to "show/tell" us that we are being affected more as if we are stupid and don't know how we have been affected by illegal immigration.

Like others, I am against illegal immigration. I actually would support defining citizenship of this country to being someone who has a parent who is an American citizen at their birth. However, I would also support amnesty of illegal immigrants in Amnerica as long as there if a fine assessed for the penalty of entering the country and if illegal immigrants could "pay" that fine by serving in our military.

But on the whole, contrary to what many of you whites believe, illegal immigration does NOT hurt a majority of the black populace. It hurts primarily those in poverty, but not the middle class. A majority of black Americans are not poverty stricken and contrary to what many believe, our demographic is very hard working and does work. I agree with green_mariner in that it is not illegal immigrants themselves who cause hiring issues in regards to black Americans versus Latinos, it is inherent biases that have been in America for generations that have placed the label of "lazy" on black people in this country. It is hilarious to me that black people have been called lazy since the 1800s when a majority of them were enslaved and working hard for free lol.

And IMO the most pressing issue that needs to be addressed in regards to illegal immigration is the over burdening of schools in black neighborhoods. For me that is the primary issue. I know, due to being black, that black people are hard working and we are very resilient people. We can always find a job somewhere/somehow. Most black people I know who are poor work 2-3 jobs so a job is not something IMO that should be the cause for us aligning ourselves with whites who see us as inferior and not worthy of working for them anyway. But I don't want schools overrun with anchor babies/illegal immigrant children and I don't like that many states let illegal immigrant children go to school for free at public colleges/universities. IMO they should have to pay a fine via service in military or money and to become legal citizens to obtain the rights to an education in our country and for me education and the quality of education for black children is much more important of an issue than jobs.

Who's trying to get blacks to hate Latinos who are here legally? We just want blacks to stand up for the rule of law and our borders as any other race of citizens should. You're wrong, illegal immigration
hurts both poorer and less educated whites and blacks. It is also affects those who are middle class citizens. Seems like you are stuck in the 50's and 60's where blacks were looked down upon. We've come a long ways since then. I don't think blacks are inherently lazy but since there are many on welfare why not prove they would rather work by taking a stand against illegal immigration? Otherwise I totally agree with you on the other impacts that illegal immigration has on our schools and neighborhoods.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:16 AM

24,521 posts, read 17,271,978 times
I could see this happening where millions of illegals are given amnesty which opens up legitimate job opportunities for them and guess where they are going to start. They will be going for the low level service jobs that are held by many black folk.

In many cases the newly legalized aliens will be wiling to do more for less and the black people will be out the door.

It would be in the best interest of the black community to vote for a President that is against amnesty.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:22 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,638,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post

Thanks, EC. I get that part, what I don't understand are huge assumptions made here about white people in some of these posts. In your post, for example, you're assuming there's some dark, evil motive that a lot of white people are supporting Trump. We have two lousy candidates. One supports illegal immigrants and wants to put us all at risk by allowing Syrians to enter the country even though we have no way to vet them at this time. The other wants to bring jobs back, put an end to illegal immigration, and put a hold on letting Syrians in until a better system is in place.

Those are just three issues, of course. But which do you think is better for all Americans regardless of race?

There has always been this narrative that one party is about hate and exclusion and the other party is about acceptance and inclusion. Guess what? That's only the case when it comes to needing their votes. After they get them, what has this administration done to ensure no more jobs leave the country or to try and lessen the divide between races that has become their narrative?

As far as I'm concerned, all Americans should be livid with the money blown in wars we have no business being part of, in giving money to other countries, in supporting illegals who sneak in or who pay big bucks to have their baby here and then say they can't pay the hospital bill, and in lost jobs. All while the poorest among us have no healthcare and we treat our veterans like dirt.

Both this current administration and the media have drilled into our heads the us and them mentality and we've bought into it. And while our eyes were focused on that, they've quietly run the damn country into the ground.

All you need to do is visit the Current Events forum and look for threads on cops killing black people for absolutely no reason, to see very few people are not outraged by this. Is there really an us and them division or has that been manufactured for the convenience of those who are supposed to be serving all of us? Not only were most, if not all, of the people at Pulse gay, they were almost all minorities, yet there was outrage and grief for the families. Does that reflect an us and them mentality on any level? Nothing I've seen in real life represents what we read when it comes to that.

If people want eight more years of this nonsense, I won't try to convince them not to vote that way, but don't imply the rest of us have some nefarious motives for wanting a candidate who is at least recognizing there's a big problem with this picture, and whose former minority employees insist is not at all racist.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:48 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,497,727 times
When both parties support open borders who can you vote for? Poor Blacks vote for Democrats who want open borders for more future voters. Poor Whites vote for Republicans who are funded by mega corporations who want cheap, submissive labor. Let me make it clear I am not anti immigration, but I do think we should limit immigration until every American who wants / needs a job has one. The low unemployment number is not the real picture, many millions of Americans have stopped looking for work because they are unemployable and they are now either on SS disability or getting money through crime, millions are also in jail. A big chunk of our debt would not exist if all those people had a decent paying full time job.

Bottom line is America needs a party that is really for working class people. As long as working class votes are split among Black / White / Latino the two main parties won't listen.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:18 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,638,473 times
desertdetroiter, I'd still like to know what you would have white people do to fix black schools, communities, housing, poverty, cities and towns.

You never did address the fact that you said 'fix' and not 'help fix', but let's assume you meant to type the word help in there. What would you have us do? And who should be doing it? All white citizens? Certain white citizens? I'm trying to hear you out but you don't seem interested in providing any details.

I also ask you why more black people aren't doing something to help fix their own communities, housing, cities and towns? Or even the schools?

Look at what just one woman is doing in Highland Park, MI:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-spu...231219522.html

One woman started a nonprofit organization, has received donations allowing the org to buy properties, and now she has a mostly volunteer crew of men helping to restore properties.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:49 AM

37,953 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sorry. Whites can't be trusted.
I understand how a bigot would think that.

Quote:
You know I'm right.
You're not right. You're not right at all

Quote:
Lemme run down my example again since you ignored it.
You didn't have an example.

Quote:
In 1959, the whole south (the region you love) was in the grip of Jim Crow. No state moreso than the state of Florida.
Many people didn't want Jim Crow. The big government that you love did. People were forced to accept it because of the backing of people like you who want government involved in our daily lives even though no ones rights have been violated.

Quote:
All of a sudden, Cuba has internal troubles, and white folks welcome HISPANIC Cubans into Florida with open arms by the hundreds of thousands. Those Cubans face no Jim Crow (although I'm sure they faced some discrimination) and in fact, are given the keys to the city of Miami (where blacks are heavily restricted) and put ahead of blacks that have inhabited Florida since slavery.
LMAO Welcomed them with open arms. The same problems we have with illegals today we had back then. Get your facts straight before polluting this thread with your nonsense.

Quote:
That sir, is called proof of white duplicity on the matter. Blacks cannot afford to get involved in this mess. A mess NOT created by us in the first place. White owned business and corporations brought these people here. Get them to clean it up.
It's called proof that big government, the government you love, is not the ones to look to when it comes to the economy business. We end up with crony capitalism that helps the 1 percent. Now you can claim the 1 percent represents white people but that would be just another one of your racist comments

Quote:
When whites lost millions of jobs in a bunch of industries and watched their cities and towns get overrun with illegal labor, they did nothing.
You mean the democrats.
Quote:
And voting Republican doesn't count as "action."
Sure it does. Its putting your money where your mouth is.

Quote:
The Republican Party has done nothing about illegals.
because the dems and some of the big government freaks from the republican side blocked reform.

Quote:
Reagan signed the first amnesty. Forgot about that?
Nope Reagan was a fraud who couldn't keep his word. Not as big a bald faced liar as Obama but bad enough.

Quote:
George W. Bush wanted to come up with a plan for them to stay too. And why not?
No he didn't. He gave some input on a compromise bill. The repubs didnt go for it because it meant illegals would profit off of an illegal act.

Quote:
Texas is a sanctuary state.
No such thing. You have some cities that are. Stinking bleeding heart liberal cities like Austin, that only care about cheap labor.

Quote:
Sorry, but we'll sit this one out.
By "we" you mean the ones who hate whitey, because any minority would be nuts to take your advice. Who in their right mind would want more competition for the jobs they are applying for? Who in their right mind would want more workers in their field which drives down wages?

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 07-04-2016 at 09:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies