Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 11:23 PM

932 posts, read 900,296 times

Advertisements

A woman has posted a dramatic Facebook Live video showing a bleeding man, Philando Castile, next to her in a car as a police officer points a gun at him through a car window. The incident occurred in Falcon heights, Minnesota. Falcon Heights, located 10 minutes from Minneapolis/St. Paul, is the home of the Minnesota State Fair. A child was in the car and could be heard crying in the background.

Reynolds says that Castile is “licensed to carry” and was “trying to get out his ID” and “he let the officer know he had a firearm, and he was reaching for his wallet, and the officer just shot him. … He just shot his arm off.”
A citizen video of the scene was also posted on Twitter:

WATCH: Falcon Heights, Minnesota Police Shooting Facebook Live Video | Heavy.com

Old 07-06-2016, 11:29 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,913,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
A woman has posted a dramatic Facebook Live video showing a bleeding man, Philando Castile, next to her in a car as a police officer points a gun at him through a car window. The incident occurred in Falcon heights, Minnesota. Falcon Heights, located 10 minutes from Minneapolis/St. Paul, is the home of the Minnesota State Fair. A child was in the car and could be heard crying in the background.

Reynolds says that Castile is “licensed to carry” and was “trying to get out his ID” and “he let the officer know he had a firearm, and he was reaching for his wallet, and the officer just shot him. … He just shot his arm off.”
A citizen video of the scene was also posted on Twitter:

WATCH: Falcon Heights, Minnesota Police Shooting Facebook Live Video | Heavy.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDRSDvZxkPA

It's all over Facebook. It's open season on black men. The man died I heard. Fired 4 bullets in him while the mans child was on the back seat

Old 07-06-2016, 11:35 PM

The baby at the end broke my heart! She said "it's okay mommy. It's okay. I'm right here with you." I am in tears. I can't stand this ****. A lot of these white officers are really scared of black men that they are so quick to shoot them

The guy has No record, license to carry, worked for the Saint Paul School district, essentially a 'good guy with a gun' let the officer know he was carrying, was attempting to comply with the officer's instruction. Officer shoots him multiple times, stands there with gun trained, yelling while this man (in his seatbelt with NO GUN IN SIGHT) bleeds out. His girlfriend recording the encounter, staying as calm as possible while the officer is screaming at her, screaming laments, screaming frustration, shaking with fear, her 4 year old in the back

Last edited by Staysean23; 07-06-2016 at 11:46 PM..

Old 07-06-2016, 11:58 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Just read about this and saw the video as well. It's absolutely heart-breaking! That poor woman, and the child saw it all! A big wtf at cop, after he shot the man, continuing to point the gun at him as he bleeds out. Help the man for God's sake! Kudos to her for having the foresight to live stream this.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:09 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Are some of you starting to get it? The powers that be want civil unrest in this country. Start connecting the dots.

This is two in a row now in opposite ends of the country.

The two conventions coming up, they will probably get shut down. The election will be postponed or canceled. I really hope I am wrong, but there is too much going on and it's getting worse by the day.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:12 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,633,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
The two conventions coming up, they will probably get shut down. The election will be postponed or canceled. I really hope I am wrong...
You are.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Are some of you starting to get it? The powers that be want civil unrest in this country. Start connecting the dots.

This is two in a row now in opposite ends of the country.

The two conventions coming up, they will probably get shut down. The election will be postponed or canceled. I really hope I am wrong, but there is too much going on and it's getting worse by the day.

You said it first. It's going to get really ugly soon.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:16 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
You are.
I hope you're right, you do know they can be postponed and canceled in the event of civil unrest, terrorism, etc? Many people don't seem to know that and scoff at the idea.

Of course some people played cards on the Titanic because they were told the ship was unsinkable.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:26 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
It's all over Facebook. It's open season on black men. The man died I heard. Fired 4 bullets in him while the mans child was on the back seat

Without knowing what happened before the video started, I can't definitively say the shooting was unjustified, but I see no weapons except the cop's and he definitely seems to have ****ing screw loose.

When we have two or more of these cop on citizen executions every week, at some point it becomes an undeniable fact that cops just like to kill people.

In decades past, before smart phones, the police would have got their story straight before writing their reports and man's girlfriend would have no way to prove the police were lying, but it really doesn't seem to be slowing them down either.

FTR, cops shoot white people too...maybe not as often, but they do and they use the same flimsy excuses to justify shooting white people they use to justify shooting black people.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:27 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,633,276 times
Quote:
I hope you're right, you do know they can be postponed and canceled in the event of civil unrest, terrorism, etc? Many people don't seem to know that and scoff at the idea.

Of course some people played cards on the Titanic because they were told the ship was unsinkable.
The really frightening truth is that they don't need to cancel conventions or postpone elections - they've already won. It's over, we lost. Government no longer answers to the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies