Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 11:12 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,673 times

Advertisements

Influential judges lawyers and politicians write the laws. These laws mean nothing. A citizen can just laugh in the face of this wealthy elite and say kiss my butt - I do not have to obey you or be your servant. In steps something that makes laws real....LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Now those at the top of the heap have REAL power over the people. They make laws and not the law can be enforced. The police did not create the policy of "aiming for center mass" - a kind of blast from a gun the is meant to instantly kill and stop those breaching the law.

So ultimately you can not say that there are bad cops. There are certainly bad power mongers up the food chain who instruct cops to do their bidding. Put it in plain language..Politicians and others in so called power have an unwritten motto....that is facilitated through law enforcement....Do what you are told or we will kill you. That is our system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 12:25 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Influential judges lawyers and politicians write the laws. These laws mean nothing. A citizen can just laugh in the face of this wealthy elite and say kiss my butt - I do not have to obey you or be your servant. In steps something that makes laws real....LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Now those at the top of the heap have REAL power over the people. They make laws and not the law can be enforced. The police did not create the policy of "aiming for center mass" - a kind of blast from a gun the is meant to instantly kill and stop those breaching the law.

So ultimately you can not say that there are bad cops. There are certainly bad power mongers up the food chain who instruct cops to do their bidding. Put it in plain language..Politicians and others in so called power have an unwritten motto....that is facilitated through law enforcement....Do what you are told or we will kill you. That is our system.
I almost agreed with everything here, but it sounds like you're removing responsibility from police, which I definitely think is a mistake. They ultimately choose to do bad things, so it's no excuse to say "I was just doing my job" as if that makes it okay.

But I definitely agree on the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies