Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 01:20 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times

Advertisements

Probably time to start grabbing the guns. Long list of evidence over the past 20 years or so that people simply can't be trusted with them. If you're a law abiding citizen I understand your frustration but hey, it's always small minority of knuckleheads that screw it up for everybody else isn't it? Unfortunately they are the variables that have to be most closely accounted for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 01:24 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Probably time to start grabbing the guns. Long list of evidence over the past 20 years or so that people simply can't be trusted with them. If you're a law abiding citizen I understand your frustration but hey, it's always small minority of knuckleheads that screw it up for everybody else isn't it? Unfortunately they are the variables that have to be most closely accounted for.
I cringe when I hear people like you speak as if you are the self appointed ruler of the land and your opinion is law. I agree your opinion matters, quite a bit, to you. Only you.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:38 PM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Another one of your non-sensible gun grabber threads.
Is it more sensible to have guns...http://www.latitudenews.com/story/wh...the-most-guns/

Old 07-08-2016, 01:38 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,004 times
Quote:
How about those cars and the small percentage of drunks or street racers? Over 100 years of evidence, right?

Old 07-08-2016, 02:05 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
But you are missing the point. If only police have guns we will be safe because anyone with a gun will be a criminal and the police will deal with it. Pluse doesn't count, that was terrorism.
So you want to get rid of two amendments? If being a "criminal" means the cops can just shoot and kill you, why don't they do that now for drug offenses, robbery, drunk driving?

Why do you think Dallas wasn't terrorism?

Old 07-08-2016, 02:06 PM

Cars are transportation devices and are generally not used as violent weapons. Sometimes planes and trains crash too I hear due to misuse or operator error, but none of these things have anything to do with guns do they?

Old 07-08-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
I cringe when I hear people like you speak as if you are the self appointed ruler of the land and your opinion is law. I agree your opinion matters, quite a bit, to you. Only you.
I get it. You cherish your guns more than the safety of the general public and law enforcement.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:12 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Well there you have it folks. Hillary is right. If only the police and criminals have guns, then the police will know that anybody with a gun is a criminal and they can shoot them.

If we had complete gun control and confiscation and got rid of the 2nd Amendment, so that only the police have guns, then Philandro Castile would not have had a gun or right to carry and therefore he wouldn't have gotten himself shot.

I don't see any downside to this. I mean what other options are there?
Plenty!
Quote:
I hope you are joking, even if it is one of the dumbest jokes.

Quote:
I get it. You cherish your guns more than the safety of the general public and law enforcement.
Nice try to such down a debate..... So you want to disarm everyone so YOU feel safe? How about women who feel somewhat equal with their gun against a 225 lb man?

What do you like to do, drink, smoke pot, go fishing, hunting, bowling, eating........I think I want to take it away from you. See how your explanation sounds?

Last edited by wildflower82; 07-08-2016 at 02:20 PM..

Old 07-08-2016, 02:18 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Wonder how many 30-round AR mags sold today. Just got two X39 mags in the mail today!

Old 07-08-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I think we need to ban guns and cars. After all, you can't reach for a weapon in your car if you don't have a car.
Cars and firearms are perfectly acceptable devices in responsible hands. It's the cheap gasoline and bullets that I take issue with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies