Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 07:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Just comply only applies to blacks when being confronted by a cop. We're actually supposed to keep a shoe shine kit on us and offer to shine their boots too.

If we don't, then we're non compliant and should be shot.

No matter what color someones skin may be, why act like a bully to them, because of a worn badge.
If there is no physical harm and no ones stuff is missing, leave everyone alone.

This, "I'm going to tell them what to do and if they don't do it I have the legal power to kill them", has got to end.

They the government, has sectioned us off into divisive groups, to push an agenda and public opinions to wage war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 07:30 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
But they won't. They believe it's their right to challenge unlawful acts from LE that violate their basic rights. They believe that they don't need to comply, bow their heads, kowtow to authority figures just to make those agents feel comfortable.

But they damn sure believe YOU should bc you don't deserve those rights. You don't deserve that freedom to defend yourself and demand fair and equal treatment. That type of America is for them, not you.

How else do you explain their vigilance against tyranny and oppressive govt, yet circling the wagons around cops who shoot children, unarmed citizens, and the elderly for not doing exactly what they were told? Isn't that last bit a hallmark of tyranny -- authorities demanding obedience or death?

It's okay. They know what their intention is. It isn't to help you survive the next encounter. It isn't to build up relations between law enforcement and the communities they serve. It's too remind you that the America you want is not for you to enjoy and prosper. It's for them. Your America isn't about freedom, justice, equality. Those things are for them. You just make sure you do what you're told and comply, if you want to survive.
Being a thug isn't protected by the Constitution.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
You didn't say simple non compliance.
I said compliance. I shouldn't have had to add "simple". Only because other things were read into it did I make it simpler to understand.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No matter what color someones skin may be, why act like a bully to them, because of a worn badge.
If there is no physical harm and no ones stuff is missing, leave everyone alone.

This, "I'm going to tell them what to do and if they don't do it I have the legal power to kill them", has got to end.

They the government, has sectioned us off into divisive groups, to push an agenda and public opinions to wage war.
Nicely stated.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:59 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

And you know what's truly pathetic? The citizens, tax payers, go right along with this as if its ok. "Oh the poor wittle powice are so stressed and scared they have the RIGHT to kill me if I don't comply"
Its no wonder cops suffer from BS - Bully Syndrome. And when those they've oppressed hit back, suddenly they are the victim. Everybody talks a tough good game but when the feds come for everybody's guns, they're gonna comply, say "yes sir, thanks for not killing me" and hand them right over. As has been evidenced by the mentality all over this forum.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:03 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,600,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I said compliance. I shouldn't have had to add "simple". Only because other things were read into it did I make it simpler to understand.
You said non compliance doesn't mean you should be shot. I said there comes a point where it does warrant being shot. You then changed positions and started talking about "simple" non compliance.

I think you should choose your words better instead of blaming other people for interpreting them differently then you wanted them to.

Wait... Are you trying to play the victim?

Old 07-11-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
You said non compliance doesn't mean you should be shot. I said there comes a point where it does warrant being shot. You then changed positions and started talking about "simple" non compliance.
No there isn't. There...how is that? You should never get shot just for non compliance.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:14 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
But they won't. They believe it's their right to challenge unlawful acts from LE that violate their basic rights. They believe that they don't need to comply, bow their heads, kowtow to authority figures just to make those agents feel comfortable.

But they damn sure believe YOU should bc you don't deserve those rights. You don't deserve that freedom to defend yourself and demand fair and equal treatment. That type of America is for them, not you.

How else do you explain their vigilance against tyranny and oppressive govt, yet circling the wagons around cops who shoot children, unarmed citizens, and the elderly for not doing exactly what they were told? Isn't that last bit a hallmark of tyranny -- authorities demanding obedience or death?

It's okay. They know what their intention is. It isn't to help you survive the next encounter. It isn't to build up relations between law enforcement and the communities they serve. It's too remind you that the America you want is not for you to enjoy and prosper. It's for them. Your America isn't about freedom, justice, equality. Those things are for them. You just make sure you do what you're told and comply, if you want to survive.

Apples and oranges. Right and wrong. Your analogy stinks.

In almost all of these cases, the ones shot were stopped or apprehended for a reason, then chose to challenge the police. That has nada to do with the gubment "coming for our guns," a right affirmed (not granted) by the constitution.

Good try, though.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:43 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

There is a huge difference between simple verbal or physically passive non compliance and physical resistance/threatening or fighting.
I'd say that making that distinction in this type of discussion is pretty significant.

On the street with the police is a crucial difference.

One is considerably more likely to end in having a very bad day than the other.

Old 07-11-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
There is a huge difference between simple verbal or physically passive non compliance and physical resistance/threatening or fighting.
I'd say that making that distinction in this type of discussion is pretty significant.
Physical resistance would be assault. There are times where assault on a police officer justifies shots being fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies