Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 11:20 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Then why bother having a primary vote, the DNC should have just selected Hillary and skipped the whole rigged election process.
What is rigged? Sanders lost using the same rules as been in place. Sanders could have won but he didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm for the American economy and Americans.... I could careless about my global competition. My goal as an American is to put them out of business, so I can corner the market.
It is good for business.... Hyperbole that!
Yea... That mentality explains why so many folks aren't doing well, refusing to accept reality.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:30 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Nice start to your list, but there is more:

8. Oppose a border wall but put TWO walls around the DNC national convention, one outside the venue and one around the podium.
9. Oppose Voter ID but required ID to enter the DNC national convention.
10. Put forward a candidate who said she will continue Obama's failed policies (Obama -2.0) but also said she was a "change agent".
11. Silenced the voices of parents whose police children were murdered by thugs but allowed the parents of thugs to rail against the police.
112. Dumb-as-a-doorknob Elijah Cummings (D-NJ) said that the Democrat Party obtained the right to vote for blacks, which was a major lie. Elijah Cummings Said Democrats Gave Black People the Right to Vote? : snopes.com

You can't make this stuff up, the Dems are so stupid and corrupt. They think that if you repeat a lie long enough, it will become true.

1. One can oppose a wall on the national border that wont solve the problem

2. You dont have a right to go to the DNC convention, you do have a right to vote.

3. You believe his policies have failed, she doesnt, showing a contrast in belief. Its basically like you arguing the existence of God and saying someone is wrong because they believe he doesnt exist, it is an opinion.

4.THe mother of a slain Philadelphia police officer was given a standing ovation at the convention when she spoke. You should have done some research before you posted.

5. He was clearly talking about the VRA. Again, research is needed on your part.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:33 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Spare me the "but..but..but BOTH parties are corrupt" meme. It's come full circle for them. It's easy to say as someone on the right, but NOW that you've seen how they treated Bernie and blackmailed him into supporting Clinton, you can see their corruption knows no bounds.

At least many Republicans are repudiating Trump; Democrats are diving all in for $hillary. Democrats aren't the brightest crayons in the box.
the most corrupt is whichever party owns the media.

death of the free press means the death of america

Old 07-30-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
the most corrupt is whichever party owns the media.

death of the free press means the death of america
No one owns the media, each side has their own echo chamber but viewership and ad dollars drives media.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:54 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm for the American economy and Americans.... I could careless about my global competition. My goal as an American is to put them out of business, so I can corner the market.
It is good for business.... Hyperbole that!
That is what I said, you support isolation and a limited market.

Old 07-30-2016, 01:01 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Quote:
No one owns the media, each side has their own echo chamber but viewership and ad dollars drives media.
Incorrect again. Various media outlets are owned by the private sector - many with an agenda. Viewership and ad dollars generate profits. Two separate things. PBS & NPR also liberal dem. mouthpieces.

Even distribution and delivery channels (web, fm/am frequencies, etc) are owned and controlled by people and companies with an agenda.

The medium is the message and dems know this.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Incorrect again. Various media outlets are owned by the private sector - many with an agenda. Viewership and ad dollars generate profits. Two separate things. PBS & NPR also liberal dem. mouthpieces.

Even distribution and delivery channels (web, fm/am frequencies, etc) are owned and controlled by people and companies with an agenda.

The medium is the message and dems know this.
Nope. Each side has their echo chamber but profits and ad dollars keeps it going.

PBS and NPR? Have ever considered that what you believe is out of date... Maybe what you believe is more wrong than right. You thought the economy is contracting because GDP growth was lowered.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:35 PM

254 posts, read 193,529 times
Why is this thread in "Controversies"?

That is all.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:44 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Then why bother having a primary vote, the DNC should have just selected Hillary and skipped the whole rigged election process.
They pretty much did this with the super delegate concept. Democrats will ensure they don't have another 1972 convention where the popular candidate arrives at the convention to then be voted out by another politician that is better supported by the base. That was a disaster convention. 6 democratic mayors were banned from the democratic convention.

http://www.politico.com/story/2008/0...vention-012848
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies