Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 09:39 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,348,344 times

Advertisements

That Obama won the presidency did not help.

Blacks have little power and remain victims of their history in the US.

What can be done?

Electing black leaders does not do the job. What are the alternatives. More of the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 09:47 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Wow, my family members are going to really be surprised to find out that they're oppressed. I can't wait to call and tell them this.

Old 07-13-2016, 09:52 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,411,134 times
They are?? How?? What do we not allow them? What right or opportunity do we deny them???

It's funny how dirt poor Asians and Hispanics immigrate here....often illegally so they have even less help....and they end up OK.

Asians do better overall than whites. Are whites oppressed?

Old 07-13-2016, 09:56 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Whoa...whoa... blacks have just as much power as anyone else - if they choose to put forth the effort and put themselves in a position to use it.

Gotta put away the myth that we are helpless victims because of our skin color. It is a total lie.

People are usually helpless because of bad life choices, and they have children and bring them into a bad situation and multiply the problem.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:02 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times
So many victims to create, so little time.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:04 PM

222 posts, read 185,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

What can be done?

Electing black leaders does not do the job. What are the alternatives. More of the same?

I would just ask that you would say SOME African Americans are oppressed. I'm African America. And I don't feel this way

However if you think your feeling is valid lay out - in specific details - your grievances and solutions to those grievances. Then you have to promote your platform in a way that will get people to sign on.

Last edited by Justw8; 07-13-2016 at 10:13 PM..

Old 07-13-2016, 10:21 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,348,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
I would just ask that you would say SOME African Americans are oppressed. I'm African America. And I don't feel this way

However if you think your feeling is valid lay out - in specific details - your grievances and solutions to those grievances. Then you have to promote your platform in a way that will get people to sign on.
It would take a few generations to undo the harm.
I will expand on this tomorrow. But, basically it has to do with changing the MEMES of the oppressed and the right wingers.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:27 PM

788 posts, read 513,068 times
Quote:

What can be done?

Well, I was doing some research of DOJ figures and learned that a narrow slice of the population, a segment of scarcely 4% of the entire population, committed fully 50% of all homicides. Wow. 1/25th of the population committing 1/2 of all homicides - and mostly against blacks. Any idea who (race, age, sex) makes up that 4%. And don't you think we need to address that atrocity before we turn out nation upside down over a few shootings by cops, many of which are fully justified? The DOJ numbers are appalling, but have not changed significantly during Holder's and Lynch's terms as US Atty Gen.

Is anyone else concerned - at least a little???

We as a nation, and as individuals should be very concerned, and demand this change.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:27 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,283,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post

Very thoughtful post.

Quote:

What can be done?

Not a very thoughtful post.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:36 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Default African Americans are oppressed. Why is this so hard to understand by the right?

Quote:

What can be done?

Hmmm... it's tough to defeat history but how about making white history teachers available at certain times to be punched by angry blacks? We could call these "historical oppression beat down days". I'm sure some good liberal teachers would even volunteer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies