Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 05:05 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
So many victims to create, so little time.

If you can convert a victim into a voter....you make a Democrat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 05:12 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
As somebody that came from a minority that was really oppressed I can tell you 100% that blacks are not oppressed in this country.
Blacks here suffer from INTERNAL problems: Luck of work/study values and lack of family values (fatherless kids)
As a Jew in USSR I could not go to some universities because there was a limit on the percentage of Jews in some faculties, I could not work in certain places, I could not leave the country, I could not study my own national language (Hebrew), we suffered from unjust hate from the government and large crowds. This is what I call real oppression.
And despite all of this, Jews were almost not involved in any crime.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:43 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
For Asians, actions speak louder than words. They work hard , focus on their careers and do so with little to no fuss or bother to others. A model group in our society.

No protests, no attacks, no endless excuses , no nonsense and non offensive.

We need Asians to educate Blacks on how to better their lives . Somebody needs to . As they definitely think Whites are out to get them.
This is the error most right wingers make. They compare blacks to Asians or other groups and claim blacks are somehow flawed.

Asians that come to the US come from a long tradition of of academic achievement and family unity. This is what their Asian ancestors have done for hundreds of years.

OTHO, most blacks in America DO NOT have that type of tradition. Many blacks in America can only go back to an enslaved ancestor that never had a chance to develop a tradition that is remotely similar to the Asians. It is very easy to succeed if your ancestry was very successful. American blacks have nothing to fall on. MEMES are extremely important and American blacks do not have the same MEMEs as Asians.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:46 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
As somebody that came from a minority that was really oppressed I can tell you 100% that blacks are not oppressed in this country.
Blacks here suffer from INTERNAL problems: Luck of work/study values and lack of family values (fatherless kids)
As a Jew in USSR I could not go to some universities because there was a limit on the percentage of Jews in some faculties, I could not work in certain places, I could not leave the country, I could not study my own national language (Hebrew), we suffered from unjust hate from the government and large crowds. This is what I call real oppression.
Forget it mash. Some of today's black youth think they have the monopoly on oppression. Here is the problem. First, you mentioned the USSR. I bet half of today's college students, of all races, cannot even identify what those letters stand for.
Second, the blacks who REALLY believe they are oppressed, will seldom be swayed by any discussion that asssigns any personal responsibility to them.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:47 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Wow, my family members are going to really be surprised to find out that they're oppressed. I can't wait to call and tell them this.
some need to read these posts
there is family acceptance and I get that-- but for the entire populous-- some need to take time time to look in the mirror. The fact that one sees color at all, to make judgement -or categorize all to the same level- tells a lot about the commentator --

Old 07-14-2016, 05:48 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Why do I get the feeling this thread was started more as a fishing expedition than as an effort at a real discussion? OP throws some bait in the water, goes to bed and wakes in the morning to see how many fish he caught.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:51 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
They had the physical ability , just didn't have the technology to do so .

And by the way Sub-Saharan Africans have been fighting off lions ( African lions) for thousands of years.
Really? Playing the lion card?

BTW, the colonies, using much inferior weaponry, defeated the most powerful military in the world in the Revolutionary War.
They did it with great leaders, hard work, determination and a lot of guts.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Thank you for making my point.

The Jews have an academic and family tradition that goes back to biblical times. IN other words the MEMEs are amazing.

Many American blacks have ZERO tradition of academic achievement. They come from a system where there was no family and no tradition of achievement. Their heritage is completely different from the Jews.

This suboptimal heritage engineered by the slavery system is what causes the oppression. And this cannot change overnight. Allowing blacks to go to schools and the bathrooms, electing black mayors, and Obama does not change the basic heritage of slavery. That is why blacks born and raised in Africa often outperform American blacks. The former may not have the slavery heritage.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Education and work is the key.
Easier said than done. Were your ancestors black slaves?

Old 07-14-2016, 05:55 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
That Obama won the presidency did not help.

Blacks have little power and remain victims of their history in the US.

What can be done?

Electing black leaders does not do the job. What are the alternatives. More of the same?

Electing Democrats does not do the job. What are the alternatives? More of the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies