Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 05:37 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
You have all the tools you need to fix yourselves. Whining and complaining never helps.........
Dude, I am of European origin, earn a good income, and yes, I am on the left.

I do not have all the solutions, but at least I acknowledge there is a problem and what has been done by both Democrats does not work. Right wingers are like you and offer ZERO solutions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 05:38 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
American Blacks are a product of their American environment which was orchestrated by the slave owners. That is why blacks from Africa do better. They were not enslaved in this country.
Got statistics? Or, are you just supposing?

Old 07-14-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Back when I was selling cars, we had many wealthy, successful black customers. I knew most of them and can tell you they all made it on their own.
I wonder how they overcame adversity and oppression like some here claim prevents blacks from acheiving.
Anyway, this topic is becoming lame after about 100 threads just like this.
Yep, there are folks like Ben Carson out there. But, most blacks that make it do not have a direct link to slavery or come from the projects. Most folks in the inner city have given up hope and lack confidence and trust in the system.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:41 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
That one left me scratching my head as well. haha

Old 07-14-2016, 05:46 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
American Blacks are a product of their American environment which was orchestrated by the slave owners. That is why blacks from Africa do better. They were not enslaved in this country.
You win the most absurd post of the day award. No one has been enslaved in the US for generations. African Americans are oppressed by each other, not by whites, not by the government. Blacks from Africa might do better because they don't whine, cry and make excuses for how poor they're doing.

“there is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.”
― Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, 1645 AD

Old 07-14-2016, 05:47 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
That Obama won the presidency did not help.

Blacks have little power and remain victims of their history in the US.

What can be done?

Electing black leaders does not do the job. What are the alternatives. More of the same?
Maybe the same as Jewish people have done...get up and rollet up your sleeves and start working, studying, etc. and stop whining and blaming everyone for things in the past.

Unfortunately slavery is part of history but Jewish people were also slaves and you hardly hear them talking about it.

Many Jewish Holocaust survivors like some of my family members never spoke about that time and I'm not saying that is good but they focused on the future with all the difficult challenges they run into.

BLM wants to keep talking about slavery that occurred way longer ago then WWII.

Instead they should focus how they can get more out of live like many successful other black people have done and blame black leaders like Obama, Lynch and others who clearly failed them but saying how sad it is for them instead of telling them to follow other people positive example regardless of their color, religion, etc.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Research, historically, has also shown earnings (and other indicators of economic well-being) among Black migrants that, while not competitive with national (White American) norms, nevertheless, surpass the earnings of native-born African Americans. …

https://www.questia.com/library/jour...-socioeconomic

This is another great article that compares Africans and Black Americans. If you cannot see why black Americans react the way they do you are blind.

http://www.theglobalist.com/african-...grants-differ/

Old 07-14-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Maybe the same as Jewish people have done...get up and rollet up your sleeves and start working, studying, etc. and stop whining and blaming everyone for things in the past.

Unfortunately slavery is part of history but Jewish people were also slaves and you hardly hear them talking about it.

Many Jewish Holocaust survivors like some of my family members never spoke about that time and I'm not saying that is good but they focused on the future with all the difficult challenges they run into.

BLM wants to keep talking about slavery that occurred way longer ago then WWII.

Instead they should focus how they can get more out of live like many successful other black people have done and blame black leaders like Obama, Lynch and others who clearly failed them but saying how sad it is for them instead of telling them to follow other people positive example regardless of their color, religion, etc.
Another deep thinker!

Thanks, but it does not work for many down in the gutter.

We need a better solutions that simply saying "Jews succeed how come you don't".

Old 07-14-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You win the most absurd post of the day award. No one has been enslaved in the US for generations. African Americans are oppressed by each other, not by whites, not by the government. Blacks from Africa might do better because they don't whine, cry and make excuses for how poor they're doing.

“there is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.”
― Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, 1645 AD
Regardless of the causes: There is a massive problem with race relations and many American Blacks are simply going nowhere. I predict that oppressed disenfranchised blacks will become like Isis and start doing domestic terrorism. I think Dallas is just the beginning.

Old 07-14-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Please name one Republican (right winger) who is oppressing blacks.
The oppression is perception issue. Many blacks believe they are oppressed and probably see racism where there is none. This is the sad reality that was provocated by slavery and Jim Crow.

In the old days blacks had hope despite not being able to use the bathroom for whites. And now they have lost all hope, they can go anywhere and there are no visible walls to demolish. That Obama won the presidency means nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies