Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 04:39 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,837,122 times

Advertisements

Sends me this email in response to my listing:

Quote:
Do you accept section 8?

Sent from my iPhone
To top it off one of the neighboring rentals by one of my rentals is a section 8 house. The tenant has two big screen TV's and a new model Hummer that she just bought. They've lived there for 5 years...I even took a picture of it. Good to know I went to college and worked hard to get ahead so I can pay more than the median gross household income in taxes to fund these leeches. I've filed complaints yet nothing is done. Where are the bleeding heart liberals and their apologies for these leeches?? Basically your policy is to buy votes by stealing for those who worked for it at the threat of imprisonment or death, to give to those who don't.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:42 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post

To top it off one of the neighboring rentals by one of my rentals is a section 8 house. The tenant has two big screen TV's and a new model Hummer that she just bought. They've lived there for 5 years...I even took a picture of it. Good to know I pay more than the median household income in taxes to fund these leeches. I've filed complaints yet nothing is done. Where are the bleeding heart liberals and their apologies for these leeches??
Theres nothing wrong with asking if you accept Sect 8.

As long as they can pay their bills, including their portion of section 8, who cares how many TVs they have. Go buy yourself an extra one and leave them alone.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:44 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post

To top it off one of the neighboring rentals by one of my rentals is a section 8 house. The tenant has two big screen TV's and a new model Hummer that she just bought. They've lived there for 5 years...I even took a picture of it. Good to know I went to college and worked hard to get ahead so I can pay more than the median gross household income in taxes to fund these leeches. I've filed complaints yet nothing is done. Where are the bleeding heart liberals and their apologies for these leeches?? Basically your policy is to buy votes by stealing for those who worked for it at the threat of imprisonment or death, to give to those who don't.

Sounds to me like she's unmarried and baby daddy or boyfriend owns the Hummer which she drives. Just my guess.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Sounds to me like she's unmarried and baby daddy or boyfriend owns the Hummer which she drives. Just my guess.
or shes married and they are low income, just bought it with taxes after waiting to get a good deal on it.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post

As long as they can pay their bills, including their portion of section 8, who cares how many TVs they have. Go buy yourself an extra one and leave them alone.

Hummer + can pay their bills = on what basis do they deserve Section 8?

p.s. 11 million renters pay at least half their income for shelter, none of whom have Section 8.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
or shes married and they are low income, just bought it with taxes after waiting to get a good deal on it.

??? Section 8 + iPhone + married + can afford to buy Hummer = ??? ??? ??? ??? If she's married and they can afford to buy a Hummer, I don't see how they qualify for or deserve Section 8.

p.s. 11 million Americans spend at least half their income for shelter, none of whom have Section 8.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Hummer + can pay their bills = on what basis do they deserve Section 8?

p.s. 11 million renters pay at least half their income for shelter, none of whom have Section 8.
I dont think they deserve section 8 and a hummer wasnt the best choice of car ( gas miles, etc) but who cares?! It doesnt impact you at all! They have a hummer and a tv, did you pay for it? did it fall on you? did you help them move it or sign the loan? NO. The OP apparently just spied on them and complained.

and they pay taxes the same as you do so dont spout that your taxes paid for it all and you get some magical say.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:

Obviously you don't get it. She sent the email asking for free rent from her iPhone....

Old 07-16-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I dont think they deserve section 8 and a hummer wasnt the best choice of car ( gas miles, etc) but who cares?! It doesnt impact you at all! They have a hummer and a tv, did you pay for it? did it fall on you? did you help them move it or sign the loan? NO. The OP apparently just spied on them and complained.

and they pay taxes the same as you do so dont spout that your taxes paid for it all and you get some magical say.
I make 154K a year from my job and over 200K counting my rental income. You really think they pay the same as me???: smack:

Why don't you post your income????? I'll bet it's not that high considering you missed the fact that I said I pay more than the median HOUSEHOLD GROSS COMBINED INCOME...

Old 07-16-2016, 04:54 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times
If the Section 8 applicant can afford an iPhone, why in the world are they getting subsidized housing? The last I looked an iPhone was not a necessity. They could get a flip phone for $50 and buy a year's service for $100 instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies