Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 01:40 PM

270 posts, read 198,420 times

Advertisements

Back in the 1980s, Blackness to me symbolized pride in ones heritage and community. You did not have to hate white people to have pride in your Blackness. Even your average Black Nationalist just wanted to be left alone.

BlackLivesMatter represents the radical fringe that always hated white people. They are changing the meaning of Blackness. They want Black people to hate white people while at the same beg concessions and guilt from these same white people.

They don't want to grow a Black middle class because that would promote "Respectability Politics." (Apparently that's a no-no.)
They want to suspend the Rule of Law so that thugs can roam the entire country without any responsibility whatsoever.

They want us to declare the Black nuclear family dead forever and not merely tolerate but promote transvestisism and homosexuality.

They don't want to admit that their mentality is what drives the Black middle class away from the 'hood and and that their talk of "privilege" does nothing to unify Black people but does everything to promote colorism, racism and disunity.

BlackLivesMatter does not promote "Blackness"; they are a sure sign that Blackness Is Dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 01:45 PM

52,222 posts, read 52,648,334 times
I'm not sure how true those statements are.

I'm not black, not involved with BLM so I can't say for sure that that's their agenda. I thought that they were after stopping police violence toward blacks.

Not sure about all of the other stuff being on their agenda, but again, not a person aligned with BLM, I think whatever message they had is getting lost by them acting like knuckleheads.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:52 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,703,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not sure how true those statements are.

I'm not black, not involved with BLM so I can't say for sure that that's their agenda. I thought that they were after stopping police violence toward blacks.

Not sure about all of the other stuff being on their agenda, but again, not a person aligned with BLM, I think whatever message they had is getting lost by them acting like knuckleheads.
I am black and the only things I have heard about their agenda has come from white people, usually white conservatives.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:52 PM

24,473 posts, read 17,215,678 times
For many years being black was hip it was cool... it still is. Whenever I see a black person I can't help but think about their amazing heritage and how far their people have come since 1865 but lately ahhh they seem to be content to take a huge step backwards.

Who else can we point the finger to but Obama. His story is an amazing one but instead of lifting up his people he has let them down. He has allowed them to feel bad for themselves and perpetuated the entitlements. He has made it clear to me that he does not lay the blame for the black mans pain on the man but he has made excuses and most of Obamas followers believe the excuses.
A young black guy gets gunned down by the Police because he was acting like a thug and attacking the cop. It is not the dumb kids fault but it is the cops fault for being a racist.

Obama has given the BLM his ear and now his approval even though they are really no where different than a terrorist organization or even the KKK.

It is sad that Obama could have brought us all together but he has done nothing but divide us. There is a race war brewing and the cops are on the front line.

Being black used ot be something to be proud of but the antics of a few idiots, shooting cops, shutting down roads and promoting hate is really giving a black eye to anything positive.

It is going to take years to dig out of this mess but I fear it is going to get worse before it gets better.
Black people need to unite and not fight who is trying to help.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:11 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am black and the only things I have heard about their agenda has come from white people, usually white conservatives.
I'm white and I can't get a precise read on what their agenda is, but everything I've heard so far sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I've heard some things from the fringes, but doesn't every movement have fringe people who usually eventually form their own groups because those fringe opinions aren't shared by the majority?

The BLM protest here in Dallas on 7/7 was peaceful.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:47 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,927,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is sad that Obama could have brought us all together but he has done nothing but divide us. There is a race war brewing and the cops are on the front line. .
I really don't understand why some white people think Obama was supposed to "unite" white and black America. Why? Because he is half of each? This makes about as much sense as thinking that Jesus Christ would save the world because He was half divine. If there is a race war brewing there was plenty of opportunity for police to have appeared to be listening to the cries of the Black People for fairness in their operations. This was coming. BLM or no BLM it would have happened. It's way bigger than Obama. Be honest, you don't want Obama to unite black and white people, you want Obama to show blacks their place and convince them its a good place so quit agitating for anything better.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:50 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,279 times
Even I'm tired of the black topics now. Can't we just get back to the way things are supposed to be where we ignore blacks until they walk towards us on a sidewalk at night or move into our neighborhood?

Old 07-18-2016, 04:44 PM

270 posts, read 198,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

This is what they are counting on. They are hoping that you will not dig deeper into their behavior and assume it is only about "stopping police violence toward blacks."

Just look at their supporters on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. They make sweeping and often racist statements about "white people" and cops and their leadership does nothing. They are the flipside of the "white nationalists" who support Donald Trump.

Police brutality is only a minor portion of their agenda. Their FIRST goal is the promotion of "queerness." They say it themselves.

The fact that casual viewers think that they are merely will-meaning protestors is why they have gotten away with creating so much racial tension so far.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:52 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,031 times
"BlackLivesMatter represents the radical fringe that always hated white people." Even though there's participants of ALL races in BLM?

I agree with War Beagle, please ignore us Blacks these repetitive idiotic threads are getting out of hand. The majority of them including this one are just conjecture and do nothing more than bring out some of the most vile bigots and incite fights.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:54 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,094,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Take the time to read their website. Educate yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies