Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:16 PM

746 posts, read 846,416 times

Advertisements

This is a thread to voice your opinions on things you hate about public transportation. It could be planes, buses, trains, or taxis, but you have to keep it to things you hate about public transportation. I'll start.

I hate sitting next to crying babies on air planes.

I hate sitting in front of small children that kick the back of seats on air planes

I also hate sitting next to loud teeangers in any public transportation environment

I also hate when people talk really loud on their cell phones before a plane boards and then directly after it lands (its strikes me as a cry for attention)

I also hate and sorry if this offends anyone sitting next to people that are too large to ride air planes, that is the most annoying thing especially if you have to ride coach on an overseas flight.

I also hate people that sit on the inside seat of a plane, but constantly get up to use the bathroom. If you have a weak bladder buy an aisle seat!

Eh, i shouldn't say hate, but these are just a few things I strongly dislike..what are yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 06:19 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,311,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
I also hate and sorry if this offends anyone sitting next to people that are too large to ride air planes, that is the most annoying thing especially if you have to ride coach on an overseas flight.
I had this on a Pittsburgh-Newark flight and thank god it was only an 2 hours (one hour sitting on runway due to newark delays from weather). 737 with a larger woman squeezing me into the window. She was super nice and we conversed a good portion of the time but was still physically awkward.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:25 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,697 times
All the crazies want to talk to me. Crackheads, ex-cons, bums, militants, religious nuts, depressed folk, divorcees, etc all feel right at home with me. And they talk forever. Doesn't matter if I have on head phones, am reading a book, pretending to be sleep or look incredibly mean. It never fails. Here comes crazy! Thank God I have a car now.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:29 PM

413 posts, read 909,732 times
What I dislike about public transportation: its relative scarcity in the United States.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:30 PM

269 posts, read 542,462 times
used to ride the local city busses regularly. My list:

Sitting next to filthy drunks at 9 AM.

Sitting next to a filthy drunk at 9 AM soliciting me for a "lil 3-way" with his equally filthy and drunk "lady friend."

The overheated and poorly circulated air that only serves to enhance the filthy and drunken stench with which you are trapped for the next 45 minutes.

Meth-heads and psychos (is there a difference?) brawling with the driver over lack of adequate bus fare. It's not a haggler's market, people. Fare is 1.50. Not 1.15, not 97 cents, and certainly not 50 cents and a cigarette.

Elderly women who repeatedly, inexplicably, remove and lick their clip-on earrings while commenting to nobody in particular how "crazy" their adult offspring are.

Yes, and how could I forget the religious wackos? I loved the ones who didn't wear shoes and had signs proclaiming that the End Is Near. I laughed the first time I saw them. I stopped laughing after they mistook my amusement for spiritual hunger.

Now I am a selfish, heartless, carbon-emitting **** to the marvels of the automobile age.

Planes, OTOH, don't bother me. By comparison to the bus crowd, virtually everyone on an airplane is a genteel, well-heeled, scrupulously courteous member of the upper crust. The occasional crying baby or fat lady can't begin to compete.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:48 PM

746 posts, read 846,416 times
Something else that totally grinds my gears on planes is people that are flatulent. This has to be the single most disgusting and rudest thing someone can ever do on a freaking plane! This has happend to me on two seperate occasions where teenagers and ederly people were heavily present on a plane. I honestly cannot remember a time i was more P.O.ed on a plane. There is no real ventilation whatsoever luckly the flight was only an hour and the suspected person or persons were sitting two seats up.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:00 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Talking Oooh my favorite topic to discuss!

I hate that if you miss a bus you have to wait 40 minutes for another one.

I hate the fact that it takes 2 hours to go across town on a bus when it takes 30 minutes in a car.

Accidently sitting in wet seats is no fun. You can switch seats but the damage has already been done. LOL!

I hate it when people eat smelly food and stink up the whole bus.

I really can't stand loud people in small spaces. If I can hear you through my headphones, you need to tone it down.

The drunks. I can't stand the drunks, especially when they are harrassing people. Then there's the smell. You can smell the alcohol permeating from them. It's absolutely nauseating.

I also hate it when people leave their trash on the bus. These are probably the same people who don't know how to utilize the trash cans at the bus stops. Lazy bastids!

Oh, and I just love it when the drivers decide to do a little shopping, then arrive 15 minutes late. There goes that connection bus I was supposed to catch. Thanks my friend.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:31 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,084,859 times
I hate finding out I'm in the wrong place, like "oh, my plane is now departing from where?" or "wait, where is this bus going?" or "nothing here looks familiar, I should have stayed awake."

Old 02-18-2008, 09:37 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
After reading these responses I'll think I'll just stay cocooned in my gas hog.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:42 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthhurts View Post
Something else that totally grinds my gears on planes is people that are flatulent. This has to be the single most disgusting and rudest thing someone can ever do on a freaking plane! This has happend to me on two seperate occasions where teenagers and ederly people were heavily present on a plane. I honestly cannot remember a time i was more P.O.ed on a plane. There is no real ventilation whatsoever luckly the flight was only an hour and the suspected person or persons were sitting two seats up.
This has happened to me before too, and I couldn't get the little air valve above the seat open fast enough. And I just love the look on everyones faces, "it wasn't me!". I always make sure I don't eat certain foods before a flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies