Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: One year later: Why does the American public still dislike the GOP so much?
Lack of substance, constant lying, no real solutions, pettiness and hypocrisy 23 63.89%
Fringe elements like the Teabag group have tainted their image 3 8.33%
There is no real "Face" of the GOP right now 2 5.56%
Lack of diversity within the party, walking lock-step is a turn off to many people 1 2.78%
Other 7 19.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:30 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,501 times

Advertisements

Despite Obama's polling numbers, a majority of people do not identify themselves as Republicans, nor do they rate the party favorably. Why do you believe this is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 09:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Because they've shown that they're the "party of no".

If Republicans gain seats in November, it'll likely be more out of a rejection of Democrats than an embracing of Republicans. It's unfortunate that a lot of Americans don't really stand for anything; they just see-saw back and forth with their votes between Democrats and Republicans. It's a rather brain-dead way of voting.

Pollster.com: National Party Identification (ALL ADULTS)

Old 01-06-2010, 09:39 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
The Republican party exist only thanks to the media.
Anytime some Republican clown criticizes Obama, he becomes the new media super-star.

But who is the leader of that crowd?
The house brotha aka Michael Steele

Old 01-06-2010, 09:42 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,012,232 times
If more repubs take seats in the next election we will not accomplish anything as a nation. We certainly didn't when they were the majority before.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:43 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
The party of no,
The party of jokes.

The GOP (GARBAGE Old Party) and its lies and lack on concern for the American people. Their constant defending of big business and corporations overs The People.

The greed they all have. The oil they all want to drink. The hatred they have for nearly everyone.

I can hardly understand WHY ANYONE in the right mind would be Republican.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:48 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
I am not sure what universe you are living in, but polls are showing the Republicans are poised to pound the snot out of the Dems in 2010. Dodd, Dorgan retiring rather than getting trounced, Dems changing parties. Things aren't looking to good for the Dems.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:48 PM

They really need to abandon the type of rhetoric we see on this forum (which is merely a microcosm of the party itself) but clearly have no intention of doing so. I don't understand why no moderate conservatives won't stand up to this group for once and all and tell them to get a grip. The Palin's, Becks etc are killing this party, and they can't even see it. Surely some Republican SOMEWHERE sees this???

Old 01-06-2010, 09:50 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
I'm extremely conservative fiscally and really want to vote for more fiscally conservative candidates, ideally, republican but the problem remains that the GOP isn't putting forth candidates who are also intellectually stimulating and open to social changes that are also undoubtedly necessary in our society right now.

Why is it that I have to choose between God-loving, spend-happy conservatives against social progress

or

a spend-happy democrat?

The closest I've come to my perfect candidate is Ron Paul, and yet, I don't want to sacrifice some of the things that I feel are important socially - healthcare being the example - but yet, the GOP thinks Paul is too conservative!

Until the GOP isn't dominated by war-loving, god-fearing political hijackers, I'm afraid I'll never see eye-to-eye with the GOP.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I am not sure what universe you are living in, but polls are showing the Republicans are poised to pound the snot out of the Dems in 2010. Dodd, Dorgan retiring rather than getting trounced, Dems changing parties. Things aren't looking to good for the Dems.
Still not listening and out of touch. They said the same thing before 08. Sure you'll pick up some seats, but you won't take control, nor will you win 2012 with this type of denial, birther non-sense, and tea parties all while running around saying everybody is "scared" of you guys. Nobody is scared; one portion is laughing at you, and the other segment (which you need, the Indys) are leaving because they can't identify with the lunacy.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:53 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
They really need to abandon the type of rhetoric we see on this forum (which is merely a microcosm of the party itself) but clearly have no intention of doing so. I don't understand why no moderate conservatives won't stand up to this group for once and all and tell them to get a grip. The Palin's, Becks etc are killing this party, and they can't even see it. Surely some Republican SOMEWHERE sees this???
Because the moderate conservatives are the ones who screwed-up the Republican party. Such people-the moderate conservatives- are the spineless conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies