Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 08:30 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times

Advertisements

"The USA is in decline, and the evidence is everywhere. That's a story that's not being told and that is affecting us all. But the media doesn't want you to think that so they keep the sheep entertained with the latest political scandal, or war, or terror attack, or fire."

And Pokémon Go. Even Ancient Rome had its circuses.

So true!

Old 07-25-2016, 08:41 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"The USA is in decline, and the evidence is everywhere. That's a story that's not being told and that is affecting us all. But the media doesn't want you to think that so they keep the sheep entertained with the latest political scandal, or war, or terror attack, or fire."

So true!
What do we expect when we keep letting politicians get away with lying to the American people? What do we expect when we accept that the media's is just corrupt "as long as their on our side"? They typical response when a political is caught lying is "every politician lies.. move on".

Old 07-25-2016, 08:47 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:

So true!
Of course they think they can get away with lying to the American people and corruption, we've shown them they can. And now despite all of Hillary's lies and ignoring the law she is still the Democrats nominee.

No matter what party one aligns with, the content in the DNC emails should turn the stomach. This kind of collusion is precisely what is poisoning faith in our politics. This reinforced the feeling of many that the system was rigged.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:54 AM

142 posts, read 72,891 times
Quote:
He was reaching for his ID (supposedly) after the cop told him not to move after the guy revealed that there was a gun in the car. Both the girl and the cop attest that he was reaching for something; the cop then stated on tape that he had told him not to move, which makes sense. "Not complying" is a good way to get yourself shot these days. I always comply with cops' orders, as should we all, whatever our race.

I don't know if it's a screw-up or not; he had one second to decide whether to be shot himself by someone who is disobeying orders and reaching for what may be a gun -- which happens all the time -- or to defend himself. He made that decision. It is unfortunate that the man didn't obey orders. Yes, I realize that certain people have a problem with the concept of obeying, but that's exactly what leads to this.

I believe FOX reported this accurately.
If you go to Google-News, you get to read multiple sources relating to the same event. Pretty much all of them say he was shot as he was putting his hands back up. Of course the best approach is to wait until the investigation is finished before jumping into declaring "FOX is right". Personally I ignore FOX and MSNBC for being off-the-charts partisan, and I watch CNN when there is a live event. because they seem to have the best coverage on the ground. I do not care for their commentary.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:12 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What do we expect when we keep letting politicians get away with lying to the American people? What do we expect when we accept that the media's is just corrupt "as long as their on our side"? They typical response when a political is caught lying is "every politician lies.. move on".
We "get the government we deserve."

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Of course they think they can get away with lying to the American people and corruption, we've shown them they can. And now despite all of Hillary's lies and ignoring the law she is still the Democrats nominee.

No matter what party one aligns with, the content in the DNC emails should turn the stomach. This kind of collusion is precisely what is poisoning faith in our politics. This reinforced the feeling of many that the system was rigged.
A good illustration of this is Bernie's sellout to the Democrats and Hillary. During the primary he distinctly emphasized that Hillary "is unfit to be President". In his recent speech, he said she will be a great president.

I wasn't a fan of Bernie's to begin with, but I'm very deeply disappointed in him because I thought he was above that.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:43 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
The media has become pure filth. It's 95% lied and deceit.

Yes...I flip between Fox and CNN and occasionally MSNBC. Now...I admit...Fox isn't 100% impartial. But my God....the spin and deceit of the others is just unwatchable.

And yes...CNN has become the worst. Worse than MSNBC even and that's a low bar. To them now the word of a common street thug is infallible and the most dependable in society.

I ran across this tidbit a few days ago, the day after Melania Trump's speech at the RNC when the networks were blathering on and on about her "plagiarism" as though it were the most urgent and earthshattering news that ever came across the feed lines.

Justice Department changes social media policy after rogue tweet criticizing CNN | Reuters

Naturally the tweet was deleted and the DOJ employee who tweeted it had his hands slapped pretty good for the sin of criticising CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies