Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 03:40 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,561,399 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cops-prot...02.html?ref=gs

protesting the DNC as well as a few other causes

"Chanting "Hell No, DNC, we won't vote for Hillary" and "This is what democracy looks like," the marchers headed from City Hall down Broad Street, the main north-south artery that leads from the city center to the convention site about 4 miles away."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 03:50 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,231,091 times
If the (rightful) outrage over this resonates with enough Sanders supporters, Donald Trump will be the next president. Which is... whatever.

Personally, I think neither Trump nor Hillary should be president. They'd both be bad for different reasons. There are things I like about Trump; Bernie has many of those same qualities. The difference is I think Bernie is genuine, and while he and I certainly have some disagreements on the feasibility of his economic ideals, I respect the man and am happy I voted for him in the primary

I know many liberals (and conservatives actually) are voting for Hillary with some reluctance because they think Trump would be a worse president, and he probably would be. But this is the price of democracy. I'm sincerely at a point where I'd much prefer we have 4 years of Trump than reward Hillary for a level of corruption that literally involves damaging democracy. Not enough to vote for Trump; I'll vote third party or write in or something. But I cannot support Hillary Clinton.

I truly think the Sanders supporters should vote third party or write in Bernie. Hillary does not deserve to win just because the DNC gave her clear preferential treatment. Don't reward undemocratic things.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:52 PM

you can still vote for Bernie. You can vote for anyone.

but I don't blame them for being PO'd

Old 07-24-2016, 03:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,304,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
If the (rightful) outrage over this resonates with enough Sanders supporters, Donald Trump will be the next president. Which is... whatever.

Personally, I think neither Trump nor Hillary should be president. They'd both be bad for different reasons. There are things I like about Trump; Bernie has many of those same qualities. The difference is I think Bernie is genuine, and while he and I certainly have some disagreements on the feasibility of his economic ideals, I respect the man and am happy I voted for him in the primary

I know many liberals (and conservatives actually) are voting for Hillary with some reluctance because they think Trump would be a worse president, and he probably would be. But this is the price of democracy. I'm sincerely at a point where I'd much prefer we have 4 years of Trump than reward Hillary for a level of corruption that literally involves damaging democracy. Not enough to vote for Trump; I'll vote third party or write in or something. But I cannot support Hillary Clinton.

I truly think the Sanders supporters should vote third party or write in Bernie. Hillary does not deserve to win just because the DNC gave her clear preferential treatment. Don't reward undemocratic things.
I voted for Bernie and once considered writing him in but no more. I'll be voting for Stein.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:59 PM

391 posts, read 291,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/cops-prot...02.html?ref=gs

protesting the DNC as well as a few other causes

"Chanting "Hell No, DNC, we won't vote for Hillary" and "This is what democracy looks like," the marchers headed from City Hall down Broad Street, the main north-south artery that leads from the city center to the convention site about 4 miles away."
To be fair, this was not 1000's of sanders supporters... this was like a jumble of different groups mixed together supporting whatever.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat View Post
To be fair, this was not 1000's of sanders supporters... this was like a jumble of different groups mixed together supporting whatever.
take it up with Associated Press. It's their story

Old 07-24-2016, 04:14 PM

391 posts, read 291,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
take it up with Associated Press. It's their story
That is not what they said... you twisted it a bit wrong there. But whatever.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat View Post
This is their headline: "Thousands of pro-Sanders, anti-fracking marchers hit streets"

then it continues

"Thousands of demonstrators took to Philadelphia's sweltering streets Sunday, cheering, chanting and beating drums in the first major protests ahead of the Democratic National Convention, as the city wilted during a heat wave.

Throngs of Bernie Sanders supporters marched down a main thoroughfare to show their support of him and disdain for Hillary Clinton ahead of the convention.

Chanting "Hell No, DNC, we won't vote for Hillary" and "This is what democracy looks like," the marchers headed from City Hall down Broad Street, the main north-south artery that leads from the city center to the convention site about 4 miles away."

like I said, take it up with the AP if you don't think it was thousands of Bernie supporters. I twisted nothing.

Old 07-24-2016, 04:49 PM

34,104 posts, read 17,163,444 times
Bernie supporters were shafted by Clinton. I'm no Bern fan, but this was the biggest scam I have seen yet. Make no mistake, journalists are not pawns in it, but willing scam artists. My best friends are in that industry, but I do not feel sorry for the well deserved low regard for journalists. They earned it.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:26 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,727,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I voted for Bernie and once considered writing him in but no more. I'll be voting for Stein.
I voted Bernie in the Primaries. I am voting for Johnson. I just recently switched to being a Democratic to vote for Sanders in my State Primary. Don't really support either Party. Both Parties are corrupt. The Republicans blend too much Religion, poor economic ideas, and to many laws controlling/telling you how to live your life. The Denocrats are too focused on the poor and those in lower economic status. It increases the number of poor and shrinks the middle class. The Democrats have to much legislation in businesses that has a huge effect on the job economy. There trade deals take many jobs away from America.

Libertarians ideas are good, but some can be just as extreme as the Green Party. Some of the candiates have very little Goverment experience.

Anyways voting for who ever can shake things up the most and push the Goverment to change. That's why I voted for Bernie and now Johnson.

Denocrats should look at Senator Wyden and Republicans should look at Representative Dent or Senator Kirk. I actually vote for a Wyden/Kirk ticket as a Centrist Party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies