Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 04:55 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,746,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So the mention of her race is TOTALLY unimportant, huh? She couldn't have made the same point by just saying that she was ugly and leaving it at that.

So lemme ask...if you saw a random ugly black woman and you were talking to a black guy, would you tell him that the woman is an ugly black *****?

Nope. You damn sure know that you wouldn't and that if you did, the temperature is gonna drop REAL fast.

So please, chill with the silly opinions.
Oh, now if you even MENTION someone's race it is racist....you people are utterly hilarious. Okay, keep me posted on the definition of racism as it evolves today to mean anything the "race hustlers" wants it to mean on that particular day.

People need to get a life. We are all human beings. "Race" and "racism" are obsessions only for racists...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 05:12 PM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Bad remarks, but I never think someone should be fired for something said outside of the workplace.
Depends upon how well associated you are with a business or if you have identifiers on facebook about whom you work for etc.

For example, if Joe the Ford assembly line worker says he hates obama and he's not identifying with the company then it isn't hurting Ford at all.

If it's a spokesperson or their CEO or the person is seen wearing their Ford employee id around their neck while burning an obama effigy then that's different because it's much higher profile and reflects about Ford instead of just "Joe".

I grew up in a small town. I know of businesses that have failed because the owner p*ssed off the wrong person or two that half the town was related to or friends with.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:15 PM

35,755 posts, read 21,118,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
i dont think her comments is racist
What ??? :

Old 07-27-2016, 05:18 PM

Worked in banks 20+ years. Because you know about people's money, investments, credit, socials, address etc. You sign a privacy thing, but also stuff about media. News people etc. nothing comes back to the bank. So, You work certain places, you know you zip it. I had to tell a young clerk she could not date a board member. Too much info might be whispered under the sheets. They tight, and you agree to the policies . Bye bye Felicia, hope you don't have kids.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:21 PM

6,578 posts, read 6,754,989 times
Really, adults need to stay of social media, especially if it's a public page with their name & personal info.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
What ??? :
For all the loons who think "racism" permeates everything in the universe...

racism:

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

The remark was about an individual who was ugly and black. It didn't say that she was ugly because she was black. See the difference?

Curiously, I don't know why ***** is blocked...

A ***** is just a female dog, wolf, fox, or otter.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:27 PM

You don't need to tell me. The bank let her go, I said you get in trouble for any media comes back to put the bank in a bad light. I think people darn rude n mouthy do not use wisdom anymore . And sublime language. Please we all know what she meant.... Was not in a pet chat

Old 07-27-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You don't need to tell me. The bank let her go, I said you get in trouble for any media comes back to put the bank in a bad light. I think people darn rude n mouthy do not use wisdom anymore . And sublime language. Please we all know what she meant.... Was not in a pet chat
Still nothing said indicates racism regardless of how one's agenda would like to twist it. Words have meanings in the English language...

Though I have no problem with employers having the right to hire and fire whomever they choose...

Old 07-27-2016, 05:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,658,319 times
The bank had every right to fire her, IMHO, because employers should be able to terminate employees for practically any reason.

That being said, when did calling a black person black become racist?

She insulted her with the b term, but that's about it.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:00 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,659,901 times
That's the reason why I don't put my name and picture on any of my social network pages. Just plain stupid. Mash123/other nicks forever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies