Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 03:33 PM

241 posts, read 239,931 times

Advertisements

The wilfull ignorance of anyone thinking this law was ever about stopping non existent voter fraud is jarring. This is and was always about suppressing votes. Anyone saying different is being disingenuous.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:36 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,433,134 times
when you deny the existence of voter fraud, you've lost the debate.

it is like denying the Holocaust happened.

it is like asserting theft, assaults, murder, rape, and other crimes don't exist. everybody is an ethical and good person.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:49 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,273,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
so you are ok with 31 cases of voter fraud.

you just proved my case. you have tolerance for voter fraud.

there should be 0 cases of voter fraud. if voter fraud occurs in an election, then that election is not valid.

note that nobody complains about photo id requirement for white people or Asians. it is always portrayed as a challenged for black people and i assume hispanics.

how do you stop voter fraud without photo id? it can't be done.
In a billion votes, hell yes I would take that. I rather have 1 instance of voter fraud, and ever registered voter being able to vote. Compared to zero cases and 1 person who isn't allowed to vote, but should.

If I really want to do voter fraud, I am messing with the machines and the actual voter count. No one would go at it from this angle. It is dumb and time consuming.

And even if I was stupid enough to vote multiple times and need to show ID. I can easily get a fake ID.

But at the end, you just want to put in more restrictions. You want to keep registered voters from voting.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:50 PM

No, i want to prevent voter fraud. you are smearing me with no basis which is typical of your party.

if you believe black people are incapable of getting a photo id, you obviously must have a low opinion of them. how is a person who is capable of getting to a voting location and casting a ballot not also able to obtain photo id.

using your own logic, we could argue that expecting black people to get to the polling location is racist.

you are excusing voter fraud.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
when you deny the existence of voter fraud, you've lost the debate.

it is like denying the Holocaust happened.

it is like asserting theft, assaults, murder, rape, and other crimes don't exist. everybody is an ethical and good person.

smh

Old 07-29-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
No, i want to prevent voter fraud. you are smearing me with no basis which is typical of your party.

if you believe black people are incapable of getting a photo id, you obviously must have a low opinion of them. how is a person who is capable of getting to a voting location and casting a ballot not able to obtain photo id.

using your own logic, we could argue that expecting black people to get to the polling location is racist.
It's no my opinion, Chief.

From the ruling:

"Upon receipt of the race data, the General Assembly enacted legislation that restricted voting and registration in five different ways, all of which disproportionately affected African Americans."

Old 07-29-2016, 03:57 PM

what is their specific reason how those things are racist? How is requiring voter id racist?

They don't elaborate. it is a baseless assertion.

Photo id requirement is for everybody. so how can white people figure out how to get one but not black people. you must believe black people can't figure out how to get a photo id.

how can a person be capable of finding their poll location and casting a ballot but can't figure out how to get a photo id, which you need to have anyway for numerous reasons, such as to drive, rent an apartment etc.

people are comparing obtaining a photo id to something incredibly difficult like passing a thermodynamics exam.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:30 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,546,703 times
Simpsonvilllian, why are you so obsessed with North Carolina's Voter ID Law when you are from South Carolina?

Even though I lived in Greenville, SC for 4+ years (2008-2012) I wouldn't dream of going on the SC forum and ranting ad nauseam about SC politics.

Last edited by roadpony; 07-29-2016 at 04:41 PM..

Old 07-29-2016, 04:44 PM

by ranting, you mean I am discussing an issue and exprressing an opinion that you don't approve of.

I have family in NC and i've worked in Charlotte, not that anybody owes you an explanation. there is no rule about people not posting in other forums outside of their home state.

moreover, I've rarely posted in this forum.

why are you posting on this threadi if you not interested in discussing the topic?

Last edited by ClemVegas; 07-29-2016 at 04:53 PM..

Old 07-29-2016, 04:53 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,584,449 times
This forum is for everyone, and everyone is welcome to share.

Our opinions are just that opinions
refrain from baiting or discussing things not related to topic

The main thing is keeping discussion civil and on topic folks, this isn't a chat room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies