Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 02:19 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, we should look back to the Good Old Days when we strung up black people from trees and denied women most career opportunities as the guidepost for what should and shouldn't be tolerated by society.

...hick backwards morons.
Yep, that's Clint Eastwood. A hick, backwards, and a moron. Really? Perhaps he is just sick of the CONSTANT whining?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 02:23 PM

175 posts, read 201,820 times
Just another WHITE MALE not wanting to lose the privileges of being a WHITE MALE.

He makes some good movies and is a decent actor, nothing else.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:57 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That's BS and you know it. Liberals LOVE to boycott people, especially celebs who speak against the established left wing Mecca known as Hollywood.

Are you for real? Who the heck would boycott an actor/actress for speaking out against Hollywood??!!! Both liberals and conservative celebs hate Hollywood!!!

Meanwhile, the conservatives can't seem to detach reality from entertainment. This may explain their fascination with Trump.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:20 PM

50,827 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I really like Clint Eastwood. You can be a good person and great actor and still make really dumb political choices.

I mean, no one said the guy is very bright, did they?
Certainly not me.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:35 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Clint Eastwood thinks America’s “LBGT generation†needs to “just f–ing get over†Donald Trump’s “racism.â€

In an interview with Esquire published Wednesday, the actor/director/producer said young America — which he has dubbed both the “kiss-arse†and “Ghey, weak†generation — needs to stop throwing the word “racist†around so freely.

“[Trump’s] onto something, because secretly everybody’s getting tired of political correctness, kissing up,†he said. “We’re really in a Vagina generation. Everybody’s walking on eggshells. We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist.â€

Eastwood also said that he isn’t inclined to support Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton if she continues upholding the status quo.

“I’d have to go for Trump … you know, ’cause she’s declared that she’s gonna follow in Obama’s footsteps,†he said. “There’s been just too much funny business on both sides of the aisle. She’s made a lot of dough out of being a politician. I gave up dough to be a politician.â€

Though Eastwood said he hasn’t formally endorsed anybody, he dismissed the furor caused by Trump’s comments about the Mexican heritage of Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who presided over federal lawsuits against Trump University.

“Yeah, it’s a dumb thing to say. I mean, to predicate your opinion on the fact that the guy was born to Mexican parents or something. He’s said a lot of dumb things. So have all of them. Both sides,†Eastwood said. “But everybody — the press and everybody’s going, ‘Oh, well, that’s racist,’ and they’re making a big hoodoo out of it. Just f—ing get over it. It’s a sad time in history.â€
Some words were changed for being thin skinned and intolerant.
Read the full interview with Esquire here.Clint Eastwood on Trump's Racism: 'Just F-ing Get Over It'
I kind of felt sorry for him, and thought his comments were rather pitiful.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:17 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think a lot of them are hypocrites. It's different, I suppose, if you're George Clooney taking a million dollars of his own money each year to keep a satellite going to capture human rights atrocities in Sudan. but most of them are taking private jets so they can speak about their concern with the environment, or doing nothing but preaching about what others should be doing.

And some of them sound downright uneducated about what's going on.
True, but I still think they have a right to express their opinion, or get on whatever soap box they want. The people will decide if they value the opinion or not. Leo DiCaprio really needs to can it with the environmental advocacy of he's flying out his friends to Paris to hear a speech and them flying them back home, or going out on the mega yacht. And all of them have a carbon footprint for one year that would take me several years to match. I guess they feel their advocacy on the issue gives them carte blanche to fly around the world and use more energy in their house than 50 regular homes.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:32 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, we should look back to the Good Old Days when we strung up black people from trees and denied women most career opportunities as the guidepost for what should and shouldn't be tolerated by society.

...hick backwards morons.
Hmmm, I didn't read that anywhere in his interview. He wasn't saying we should go back to the days of Jim Crow. He was talking about these whiny people of today talking about microaggressions, or complaining without putting in the hard work. Obama whines that congress won't vote his way, but he never does what politicians do if they want something. He doesn't meet with them socially, try to engage with them, or lead. He made a great point that a CEO of a company doesn't get away with complaining that the people who work at the company don't like him or won't do what he wants. The CEO goes to the workers and tries to motivate them to do what they should do.

Old 08-04-2016, 05:18 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,443,083 times
Default Clint Eastwood is a hero to Trump lovers?

Here's the real Clint Eastwood:

Dirty Harry, The Dirty Hippie: Clint Eastwood Is Incredibly Anti-War - The Daily Beast

Note that he attacked Obama for staying in Afghanistan. Persons just saw Clint Eastwood and didn't listen to what he was saying.

I'll bet Eastwood's interview with Esquire was done before Trump's Purple Heart medal comments.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:29 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
He's in his 80's. Probably has dementia.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:46 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Mr..Eastwood is a true patriot. We need awake call and get past our selves over Racisim that realy does not exist on the level that Progressives think.

Clint has called Clinton and Obama for what they really are Corrupt!

God Bless Clint!

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Official Trailer #1 - Clint Eastwood ...

▶ 3:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCN5JJY_wiA
  1. Similar

Oct 5, 2012 - Uploaded by Movieclips Trailer Vault
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Trailer - Directed by Sergio Leone and starring Eli Wallach, Clint Eastwood ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies