Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 12:34 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,841,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
I wish people would get over themselves. Clint is 100% correct.
I wish people would learn to think critically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 12:49 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,787,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
I wish people would learn to think critically.
Oh right, tolerance for only those you agree with. I must be stupid and lack critical thinking skills. Thanks for putting me in my place

Old 08-04-2016, 12:50 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,480,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Way to go liberal. How often do liberals tell everyone what people do in bedrooms is their private busoness?
Boy, you sure like to pick and choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
The idea of the "family" has been under attack and slowly destroyed since the 60s.

Anything and everything goes yet few are willing to accept that the social experiments are failures. When two men sit at the table telling a young boy that they are both his father and a mother isn't needed, how can anyone wonder why these things happen?

Father today, woman tomorrow. Two mothers, two fathers, no fathers or mothers and the best our society can do is applaud a fraud like Jenner and make them out to be some hero.

No one held accountable for anything, say anything and do anything because it is always someone else's problem because they don't understand what you mean, society is rotting from the inside out.

Legalize drugs because it is easier than not doing it, lie to become elected officials because everything was taken out of context or misstated or better yet, everyone else misunderstood.

Welcome to the world you want because look around and see who is against any form of accountability unless it directly affects them.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:19 PM

19,898 posts, read 9,458,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post

Those short excerpts hit all the checkboxes.

- Random Obama shade
- Random Reagan name drop
- "politically correct"
- "both sides"
- "when I was growing up"

Yep, that's an old white conservative.

So, what part of the following don't you agree with:

"CE: I'd say get to work and start being more understanding of everybody—instead of calling everybody names, start being more understanding. But get in there and get it done. Kick ass and take names. And this may be my dad talking, but don't spend what you don't have. That's why we're in the position we are in right now. That's why people are saying, "Why should I work? I'll get something for nothing, maybe."

Personally, I agree with the italicized 100%.

However, as far as the other comments about Eastwood's and other "old white conservatives" possible racism is concerned, though:

Although I am mostly moderate (fiscal conservative, mostly social liberal), I admit that I have leaned more toward being a social conservative in the past eight years since Obama took office, even though I voted for him in 2008. I disliked George W. Bush and his crew even more than I do the current administration, and I certainly do NOT support Trump!!! (And I don't support HRC, either -- not at all -- but if the polls say that it will be a close election, I will vote for her.)

As I have made clear in numerous posts, I hate racism and bigotry, and there is no way I would want things to return as they were prior to 1960 or so. As a white female who was born in 1953, I can tell you that, imo, blacks were making great inroads into being accepted as the equals they are by most whites by 1975, or at least they were in California, where I mostly lived when I was young. It has only been since Obama took office (and to repeat, I did vote for him in 2008) and he has made it apparent, at least to me, that he dislikes the white middle class conservatives/traditionalists in general, that there has been a very vocal backlash from some whites against those blacks who are outspoken about wanting to radically change, or even eliminate, the traditional conservative middle-class U.S. culture -- and also against those mainly Hispanic groups who believe that even people who are in this country illegally should have just as many rights and privileges as U.S. citizens. Therefore, it is true, I think, that many "old white conservatives" do feel that they are being attacked and that their way of life is being threatened.

However, people wanting to live their lives as they choose does not make them racists, unless they think that skin color determines how good someone is or they want to punish or discriminate against someone because of their skin color and/or ancestry -- and I personally no longer know any white who thinks that, (or at least no one I know has expressed that opinion in my presence for about 40 years or so, although I will admit that when I was a kid, I frequently heard some people who were born prior to 1940 say very racist and terrible things). However, people like Dr. King and peaceful protests and the fact that more and more blacks were entering the middle class did more to change the minds of white racists than the BLM protests are doing today. In fact I think the BLM movement, instead of changing anyone's minds, is making some whites even more racist than they already are, except for the issue of unjustified shootings of blacks by cops, which is a subject for another thread. (But I do think that is disgraceful and the cops involved should be charged with murder and punished accordingly, and most whites I know feel the same way.)

Last edited by katharsis; 08-04-2016 at 01:45 PM..

Old 08-04-2016, 01:32 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,187,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Oh right, tolerance for only those you agree with. I must be stupid and lack critical thinking skills. Thanks for putting me in my place
Boy, bet you don't see the painfully obvious irony, huh?

And to be fair, "get over themselves" doesn't exactly scream "critical thinking".

Old 08-04-2016, 01:34 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,787,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Boy, bet you don't see the painfully obvious irony, huh?

And to be fair, "get over themselves" doesn't exactly scream "critical thinking".
No, it is just funny that the minute someone posts something you don't like they must lack critical thinking skills. It is like calling people racist for wanting to enforce our immigration laws.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:39 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,256,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Clint Eastwood thinks America’s “LBGT generation” needs to “just f–ing get over” Donald Trump’s “racism.”

In an interview with Esquire published Wednesday, the actor/director/producer said young America — which he has dubbed both the “kiss-arse” and “Ghey, weak” generation — needs to stop throwing the word “racist” around so freely.

“[Trump’s] onto something, because secretly everybody’s getting tired of political correctness, kissing up,” he said. “We’re really in a Vagina generation. Everybody’s walking on eggshells. We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff. When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist.”

Eastwood also said that he isn’t inclined to support Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton if she continues upholding the status quo.

“I’d have to go for Trump … you know, ’cause she’s declared that she’s gonna follow in Obama’s footsteps,” he said. “There’s been just too much funny business on both sides of the aisle. She’s made a lot of dough out of being a politician. I gave up dough to be a politician.”

Notice that liberals are not having an outrage over this, liberals are not boycotting Clint Eastwood movies, liberal are not saying how Eastwood has ruined "The Unforgivien" for them.

The same cannot be said of the Right. That's the difference between people who can tell reality from fiction and people who can't.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:47 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,061,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Notice that liberals are not having an outrage over this, liberals are not boycotting Clint Eastwood movies, liberal are not saying how Eastwood has ruined "The Unforgivien" for them.

The same cannot be said of the Right. That's the difference between people who can tell reality from fiction and people who can't.
That's BS and you know it. Liberals LOVE to boycott people, especially celebs who speak against the established left wing Mecca known as Hollywood.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:54 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,475,124 times
Yes, we should look back to the Good Old Days when we strung up black people from trees and denied women most career opportunities as the guidepost for what should and shouldn't be tolerated by society.

...hick backwards morons.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:15 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,450,899 times
He's one of only a few in Hollywood with a real set of "chimes".....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies