Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 11:01 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Same thing happened here only the cop is dead. That guy is in jail and I think on death row and he was innocent, other than killing a cop that entered the wrong house in a no knock raid. They got a street named after the cop here.
Yea, HO defends his home and family from attackers in Ninja suits, us sing like drunken kdiogs and saving guns around, after smashing down his door, a d he gets arrested and incarcerated. Idiot cop gets called a "hero". Its OK when they make a "mistake" and a citizen dies. We aren't "hero's" after all. I have a hard time, any more, not viewing cops with suspicion. My step brother is a feeb. I don't trust him.

I compete in action pistol with a couple cops, don't trust them either. I lime them well enough, but trust...nope. I've worked with a lot of cops, in competitions and training. Even instructed a few, but I won't hang out for beer and hotwings. Feels to much like walking on eggshells.

Old 08-21-2016, 06:58 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
My little brother is a cop. Most arrogant S.O.B. you would ever meet.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Yesterday was the local homecoming parade.......it's not a large city but the crowd is always good for this. It has been going on for years and years......there are never any problems. My daughter is in the band so we are there for that.

I see the chief of police come walking down the sidewalk.........I smile and nod and say "good morning". Not even an acknowledgment that I was there. Why he feels he has to be this way is beyond me. There is nothing wrong with a smile and an acknowledgement. He's always like this.

My wife knew what I was doing and said......"why do you do that"? LOL

To be fair I smiled and thanked many other officers for holding traffic or something similar and they were all really nice.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Default "Yeah, but it's just a FEW BAD APPLES!" Right?

Someone sent this video to me today, and I still can't believe what I witnessed. It's just further proof that we have a serious policing problem in this country regardless of race or ethnicity.

This is in Lordsburg, N.M.; a town that's only about two hours from me, and a place I pass through quite often. They are known for super aggressive policing, and a local judge who will sign any and every warrant (something you'll see here) that comes across his desk. Sadly enough, this happened in 2012. I'm trying to find out from a pal of mine who grew up there what the ultimate resolution to this was. Rumor has it that the victim was remunerated, but I can't confirm it.

What happens at the end will leave you in shocking disbelief...I won't spoil it. Just watch. It's not long.

Oh...and my apologies for the title of the video. I generally like to keep it clean, but this one is beyond my control.

https://youtu.be/mPEXYkffgpw

Old 09-26-2016, 01:45 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,522,024 times
The few bad apples. That applies to every side doesn't it?

Old 09-26-2016, 01:51 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Yeah, there's no problem with our government being out of control, it's just of crazy right wingers who are paranoid.

The government is too big with too much control over our lives.

Reduce government!!!!!

Old 09-26-2016, 01:54 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
BTW, had the victim been black, this would be all about racism.

In the vast majority of cases where the victim is black, it's still about out of control government and NOT race.

The only cure to innocent black people being targeted by police is the same cure for when white people are targeted, reduce government control and the size of it.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:59 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,125,281 times
I agree this is absolutely absurd, and I'm a cop. The drug war is a scam. And 925k$ was paid to the guy from the county and the taxpayers. Unbelievable

Old 09-26-2016, 02:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yeah, there's no problem with our government being out of control, it's just of crazy right wingers who are paranoid.

The government is too big with too much control over our lives.

Reduce government!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
BTW, had the victim been black, this would be all about racism.

In the vast majority of cases where the victim is black, it's still about out of control government and NOT race.

The only cure to innocent black people being targeted by police is the same cure for when white people are targeted, reduce government control and the size of it.
The blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, and the blacks again. Always the blacks with you.

If a thread isn't a race thread, you're sure to make it one. I don't have time for your personal race issues and your disdain for blacks. This is about something else.

Reduce government? Fine. But people...especially conservatives, have no plans or desire to include police in that reduction. So please, at least be intellectually honest.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:12 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
It IS unreal.

There's a backstory here, I'm sure - my guess is that there was a bulletin issued for someone looking like him or a truck that looked like his. The problem is that the cops were in robot mode from there on out - literally NOTHING he said or did resulted in anyone in a uniform actually THINKING. Where's the good Terminator when you need him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies