Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 07:05 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Dont care. She is a teen & bound to make mistakes. It has nothing to do with politics.
Sorry , the cat was out of the box when the media and the dems went after W. Bush's girls.

And as usual the left somehow wants to "forget" the treatment the Palin children got.

Should they be in the news, NO, unless it is something major.

The other side is that when politicians bring in their families for GOOD publicity they become fair game.

Sorry, that is the way it is.

The dems do this all the time.

They complain when the repubs do something, AFTER they have done it themselves and you KNOW they WILL do it again.

Look at the Supreme Court nominee story for one.

If you can't take it DON'T dish it out.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 08-22-2016 at 07:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 07:07 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Because she was caught smoking pot?? Lol, give me a break! The very best, strictest parents can't always control their kids. I guarantee that probably 90% of the parents on this forum SWEAR their kids would never do anything such as drink underage or smoke pot & I guarantee that most of those kids have done one or the other, if not both. All you parents on here are FAILURES! Lol.
So, all this makes it OK?

I hope you don't, or ever will, have kids!

Old 08-22-2016, 07:15 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
The press can be vicious. They were mean to Chelsea, even going so far as calling her ugly when she was twelve, they picked on the Bush girls, they picked on the Obama girls for not being respectful enough at a stupid turkey pardoning a few years ago...

I guess if we'd stop watching / buying / clicking they'd stop doing stuff like this. It really is tasteless to go after politicians families. They didn't choose to run for office.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:09 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Experimenting with pot and partying are normal behaviors for a teen.

I am absolutely certain most of us are so glad we didn't have press capturing our every move when we were 18.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Secret Service had to pull her out of the party. That's my money.
They get paid a salary, so I don't think they got paid any more of your money that they always would.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:34 AM

1,529 posts, read 916,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
It's a non-issue.
You don't get my point.

Of course it's a non-issue. However, when has the MM, left or right ever dropped such a story within days?!

Old 08-22-2016, 11:39 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Too bad for him, since he wants to tell us how to live our lives.
The same way you guys criminalized gay people with anti-sodomy laws?

Old 08-22-2016, 11:45 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
The same way you guys criminalized gay people with anti-sodomy laws?
What "you guys"?
I don't care what you do in your bedroom.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:53 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Angry Dad Barack RIPS Malia For ‘Pot’ Smoking Video Scandal

The party’s over for Malia Obama! After RadarOnline.com released the shocking video of an eyewitness accusing President Obama‘s 18-year-old daughter of smoking pot, furious Barack confronted the teen on their summer vacation, said a source.

The source said that Barack went into crisis mode after the “First Wild Child” had to be hauled out of a house party on Martha’s Vineyard — just before local cops went in for a raid!

Can't argue with him here... other than maybe he's a little late tightening up the reins a bit. But yeah - gotta deal with this.

Hopefully he did not frame the chastisement in terms of ruining things for him and his legacy.

Barry is a hypocrite. Did he tell her about his days in the "Choom gang"??

Old 08-22-2016, 11:58 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What "you guys"?
I don't care what you do in your bedroom.
You don't care my butt.

Anti-sodomy laws were put in place in a dozen states by you conservatives. They were only declared unconstitutional in 2003 by the US Supreme Court. And every step of the way, you guys fought tooth and nail to keep those laws in place, including GWB.

Speaking of telling people what they can and cannot do in their personal lives, you conservatives are kings and queens at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies