Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 07:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

Nothing is ever Hillary's fault. Lies, blame and deflection is all she has to run on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 07:07 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This has been the case for other secretaries of state. Powell can say what he wants now but investigations indicate differently.
Powell received 2 emails that were classified, there is no indication as to what level but he has said it was mundane stuff that may have been "upclassified" such as the thousands of Clinton emails.

Clinton on the other hand sent or received 110 emails that were classified at the time they were sent and received including material classified as TOP SECRET/SAP.

Quote:
From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information, which is the lowest level of classification. Separate from those, about 2,000 additional e-mails were “up-classified” to make them Confidential; the information in those had not been classified at the time the e-mails were sent.

For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail (that is, excluding the later “up-classified” e-mails).
Neither should have been using anything but a government email account but trying to compare what Powell did to Clinton is a joke.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:15 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
NY Times
See where it says "upgrades"? There is thousands of Clinton emails that fall into this category.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:23 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
its a he said she said. who knows who is telling the truth.

the more important thing is how conservative white males will jump on the powell train after they threw him under the bus in 08 and 12 for voting for obama.

why does the conservative white male believe powell now when they dismissed him 8 years ago?
really? he said/she said issue here? i call bull crap on that. you can tell when hillary is lying, she is talking.

as for powell, i still support him, even though he choose to support obama in 08 and 12. that was his choice, and i respect him for making that choice publicly. powell is also a gun control adherent, and i respect his opinions on that as well, even though we disagree. you have to remember that powell earned the respect of americans in 1992, and has done little since to lose that respect.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Colin Powell: "Her people have been trying to pin it on me. The truth is, she was using [the private email server] for a year before I sent her a memo telling her what I did."

Interviewer: "Why does the former diplomat believe this to be the case?"

Colin Powell: "Why do you think? It doesn't bother me. But it's okay; I'm free."

Hillary tried to pin her email scandal on Colin Powell supposedly recommending her to use private email at a dinner for Madeline Albright.

Powell points out that Hillary had already been using her private email server for a year BEFORE he told Hillary to use a private email for NONCLASSIFIED info. Powell also sent Hillary an email describing how he used private email for NONCLASSIFIED into.

Key points:
-Powell said he used private email for non-classified
-Powell told Hillary he did this 1 year after Hillary had already set up her private server
-Powell didn't have his own private server nor did he tell Hillary to have one

Colin Powell Hillary Clinton Him Email Scandal, 'She Was Using for Year' : People.com
Hmm....he did not accuse her of lying, so why did you make the thread say he did. Hillary said Powell gave her the advice, so it is true. She didn't say when he said it. It doesn't pin anything on him, except that he gave the advice, which he probably regrets doing.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
as for powell, i still support him, even though he choose to support obama in 08 and 12. that was his choice, and i respect him for making that choice publicly. powell is also a gun control adherent, and i respect his opinions on that as well, even though we disagree. you have to remember that powell earned the respect of americans in 1992, and has done little since to lose that respect.
I still like Powell too. He was free to support anyone he wanted in 08 and 12.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:41 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times
I dunno; maybe she couldn't recall due to being distracted looking for her Depends.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:45 AM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Powell received 2 emails that were classified, there is no indication as to what level but he has said it was mundane stuff that may have been "upclassified" such as the thousands of Clinton emails.

Clinton on the other hand sent or received 110 emails that were classified at the time they were sent and received including material classified as TOP SECRET/SAP.

Neither should have been using anything but a government email account but trying to compare what Powell did to Clinton is a joke.
She had 3 emails that were marked as classified, the others you mentioned were not marked as classified when received.

Quote:
One email, dated Aug. 2, 2012, noted that Kofi Annan, the former secretary general of the United Nations, was stepping down as special envoy trying to mediate the war in Syria. A second one, sent in April 2012, discussed Mrs. Clinton’s call to the newly inaugurated president of Malawi.
Each was marked with a small notation, “(C),” indicating it contained information classified as “confidential.”
Other paragraphs in the note about Mr. Annan’s resignation were marked “(SBU),” for “sensitive but unclassified.” That designation appears in more than 1,000 of the 30,000 work-related emails that Mrs. Clinton turned over to the State Department, including some later “upgraded” to higher levels of classification. The official said that the notations were part of “a standard process” when preparing a phone call, which would be “confidential” until it occurred and then considered unclassified.
Revisiting Clinton and Classified Information

Old 08-22-2016, 07:46 AM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
See where it says "upgrades"? There is thousands of Clinton emails that fall into this category.
They were not classified when sent.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:49 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I still like Powell too. He was free to support anyone he wanted in 08 and 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies