Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 06:34 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times

Advertisements

As both the Republicans and the Democrats polarize to their extremes--I think it's time for all of those who believe in the governance of reason to organize and form a replacement party.
I don't mean some 'one-trick pony' like the Greens or the Constitutionalists; I mean a party that takes the best from both the Conservatives and the Liberals.
A party of the majority.
A party that favors solution-oriented approaches to the real problems facing us--Global Warming--Immigration--decreasing Global Resources while population rises. A party that smashes Terrorism--while addressing the reasons behind it.
A party that recognizes the Generational problems require Generational solutions.
A party that will recognize that the best indication of success will be the howling from both fringes--Left and Right.
A party that recognizes that fighting the tired Culture wars of the past century is akin to Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

We, Americans, can still be a beacon of hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 07:18 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Yes, it should be called the Common Sense Party for Compromise, Inclusivity and Civil Government.

Moderation in all things.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:24 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
As both the Republicans and the Democrats polarize to their extremes--I think it's time for all of those who believe in the governance of reason to organize and form a replacement party.
I don't mean some 'one-trick pony' like the Greens or the Constitutionalists; I mean a party that takes the best from both the Conservatives and the Liberals.
A party of the majority.
A party that favors solution-oriented approaches to the real problems facing us--Global Warming--Immigration--decreasing Global Resources while population rises. A party that smashes Terrorism--while addressing the reasons behind it.
A party that recognizes the Generational problems require Generational solutions.
A party that will recognize that the best indication of success will be the howling from both fringes--Left and Right.
A party that recognizes that fighting the tired Culture wars of the past century is akin to Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

We, Americans, can still be a beacon of hope.
The New Gullible Party.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:25 PM

270 posts, read 198,557 times
Quote:

You sound like a liberal. I will stick to divided government.
Pass.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:27 PM
mm4

Quote:
The best indication of success of the Alt-Right is all of your howling.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:29 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times
Sounds like a good idea. Although, the global warming thing may be a hoax. I always believed in it but apparently there are some in the natural sciences that say there is more to the issue.

Libertarian Stephen Molyneux (not a scientist) states in one of his videos the earth presently is still in a mini-ice age, that there were times on the earth when it was hotter and there were no ice glaciers. I have no idea. But I wouldn't care if summer lasted 6 months out of the year in Wisconsin. I really hate the cold. And in Wisconsin it is cold throughout most months of the year. The cold is particularly life threatening to the tropical species humans.

Pollution and air pollution are still concerns though. So is deforestation.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:33 PM
mm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Sounds like a good idea. Although, the global warming thing may be a hoax. I always believed in it but apparently there are some in the natural sciences that say there is more to the issue.

Libertarian Stephen Molyneux (not a scientist) states in one of his videos the earth presently is still in a mini-ice age, that there were times on the earth when it was hotter and there were no ice glaciers. I have no idea. But I wouldn't care if summer lasted 6 months out of the year in Wisconsin. I really hate the cold. And in Wisconsin it is cold throughout most months of the year. The cold is particularly life threatening to the tropical species humans.

Pollution and air pollution are still concerns though. So is deforestation.
CO2 is the serotonin of 'Climate Science.'

The left doesn't consider that untold trillions of tons of carbon dioxide were released into the atmosphere unabated by lightning sparked forest fires for time immemorial before the mid-century invention of the county fire brigade.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BougNeg1 View Post
You sound like a liberal. I will stick to divided government.
Pass.
Hmm..so you're saying that any issues with 'Global' in them automatically make me a Liberal? Odd...

Global warming is a fact, not a political position...just look at the ice pack..or what is left of it...anyway..I reject your characterization out-of-hand.

What I am is a person that believes that labels are for fools..and the puppet-masters that manipulate them

Old 08-27-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalDiscord View Post
A party that favors solution-oriented approaches to the real problems facing us--Global Warming--?

I guess a return to the scientific method and rigorous process of verification and validation as a part of our educational goals doesn't rank high on your list?
The science is there...but some people have decided to make political hay with "opposing' science...i guess you are free to cherry-pick your facts. Not my problem..and not the thrust of this thread.
Even if Global Warming is a boondoggle, there are still plenty of problems out there--chief among them rigid, unyielding doctrinaires on both sides of the aisle that are getting in the way of good governance because of their adamant refusal to compromise.
This is what i want to change..I want to end the culture wars...make the old guard realize that it's over...while they were being consumed by their issues..the country is moving on....

Old 08-27-2016, 09:29 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times
Stephen Molyneux has had more than one call-in person on his show that works in the science fields, that have become demoralized with the fabrications in the sciences, and that the general public believes these people are the new sinless priests.

Of course, the callers could be liars and pretending. But I doubt it. One of my problems with the global warming thing is that it's the atheists and liberal Christians equivalent of the conservative Christian sects near yearly warning the earth is coming to an end. But we have more fat people on earth now than skinny. Obesity with diabetes is now a problem in even developing countries.

Dr. Patrick Moore was on Stephen Molyneux radio show explaining why he thinks increased CO2 into the atmosphere would actually be a good thing and increase the rate of crop growth. According to him plants are undernourished now. He also claimed that if we ended 90 percent of fossil fuel use on earth that civilization would collapse. People would be deforesting the earth by cutting down trees to heat their homes.

One thing I found interesting is that he said Russian scientists are taking a different direction on things, they believe the earth is heading into a new ice age due to the way the sun is acting. Now, he said the Russian scientist might be wrong about that because even with that there are other factors to consider.

This is from Wikipedia.

Quote:
Overview of greenhouse earth Edit

A "greenhouse earth" or "hothouse earth" is a period in which there are no continental glaciers whatsoever on the planet, the levels of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases (such as water vapor and methane) are high, and sea surface temperatures (SSTs) range from 28 °C (82.4 °F) in the tropics to 0 °C (32 °F) in the polar regions.[2]

Causes of greenhouse earth Edit

There are several theories as to how a greenhouse Earth can come about. The geological record shows CO2 and other greenhouse gases are abundant during this time. Tectonic movements were extremely active during the more well-known greenhouse ages (such as 368 million years ago in the Paleozoic Era). Because of continental rifting (continental plates moving away from each other) volcanic activity becomes more prominent, producing more CO2 and heating up the Earth's atmosphere.[3] Earth is more commonly placed in a greenhouse state throughout the epochs, and the Earth has been in this state for approximately 80% of the past 500 million years, which makes understanding the direct causes somewhat difficult.[4]

Icehouse earth Edit

See also: Ice age and Timeline of glaciation

Overview of icehouse earth Edit

An "icehouse earth" is the earth as it experiences an ice age. Unlike a greenhouse earth, an icehouse earth has ice sheets present, and these sheets wax and wane throughout times known as glacial periods and interglacial periods. During an icehouse earth, greenhouse gases tend to be less abundant, and temperatures tend to be cooler globally. The Earth is currently in an icehouse stage,[5] as ice sheets are present on both poles and glacial periods have occurred at regular intervals over the past million years.[6]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies