Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 05:31 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
No, he already knew H.R. Clinton previously.
She hasn't had a lower approval rating than Trump.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:19 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
She hasn't had a lower approval rating than Trump.
Many of her voters are ONLY voting for her because she is a woman. How is this intelligent voting? When they ask Hillary's supporters, what has she done in all of her years in office, strange no one can name even one thing, not one!

Old 09-03-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Many of her voters are ONLY voting for her because she is a woman. How is this intelligent voting? When they ask Hillary's supporters, what has she done in all of her years in office, strange no one can name even one thing, not one!
Actually, the GOP has been struggling with women voters for a while now, so you can say women are voting for Clinton because she is female, but that implies that they would otherwise be voting for the GOP, which isn't based in reality. Conservatives were saying that African Americans voted for Obama because he was black, which ignores the fact that the GOP hasn't won the AA vote in decades.

Additionally, most people are voting for her because she isn't Trump vs "for" her, ditto for Trump. As for women, most women do not like Clinton, they just dislike Trump more. Clinton and Trump are the most disliked candidates to ever run.

If the GOP wants to win elections they need to put forth a good candidate instead of insulting everyone they can. Admittedly, I have seen some effort from the GOP, though not so much from the conservatives. The only redeeming quality about Trump (for me) is he isn't a religious nut job, but that is overshadowed by the idiocy that comes out of his mouth.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:59 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,907,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He can't negotiate anything, he's not yet President and that wasn't the goal....the goal was accomplished. Trump looks Presidential and Hillary looks like Amelia Earhart.
Poor Amy was never seen again, we can only hope for the same results...

Old 09-03-2016, 10:03 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,907,882 times
Quote:
Extremely. If Clinton appoints him to a cabinet position then he could have a position to start negotiations, but that would be extremely unlikely to happen.
I realize there is a rule of order and hierarchic in the prison system, but it will take a few years before crooked hillary has enough prison cred to be appointing anyone to anything. She may not have that much time left.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:05 PM

37,798 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He can't negotiate anything, he's not yet President and that wasn't the goal....the goal was accomplished. Trump looks Presidential and Hillary looks like Amelia Earhart.
She looks like DB Cooper to me.

MIA.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I realize there is a rule of order and hierarchic in the prison system, but it will take a few years before crooked hillary has enough prison cred to be appointing anyone to anything. She may not have that much time left.
Clinton is not in jail or awaiting sentencing.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Actually, the GOP has been struggling with women voters for a while now, so you can say women are voting for Clinton because she is female, but that implies that they would otherwise be voting for the GOP, which isn't based in reality. Conservatives were saying that African Americans voted for Obama because he was black, which ignores the fact that the GOP hasn't won the AA vote in decades.

Additionally, most people are voting for her because she isn't Trump vs "for" her, ditto for Trump. As for women, most women do not like Clinton, they just dislike Trump more. Clinton and Trump are the most disliked candidates to ever run.

If the GOP wants to win elections they need to put forth a good candidate instead of insulting everyone they can. Admittedly, I have seen some effort from the GOP, though not so much from the conservatives. The only redeeming quality about Trump (for me) is he isn't a religious nut job, but that is overshadowed by the idiocy that comes out of his mouth.
No, I am saying the Democrat women are voting for her, because she is a woman. I don't know any Republicans that have thought for one moment of voting for Hillary. I would have considered Jim Webb, and I am a Republican, but would never think of voting for Hillary.

A few on here expressed they wanted their granddaughters or daughters to have a good role model. Not sure why anyone would want the females in their life to think cheating husbands are worth keeping around and selling ones own country to foreign countries is something to be proud of. Along with lying and not remembering much.......not my idea of a strong woman.

As for the GOP.......this is why women are supporting Trump. He is not perfect, but he has no plans to fill the country with more Democrat voters, no plan to remove guns from law abiding people and he has his own money he won't be selling parts of America to finance his private foundation. Plus, he will halt the GOP elites something most of us support.

https://mic.com/articles/123749/fema...cle#.V0g82qeGo

Although Trump is a divisive figure among female voters in national polls, his supporters are evenly spread between men and women in the Republican base. Even after he made a below-the-belt period joke about Megyn Kelly, arguably one of the most beloved figures in conservative media, after Kelly asked why he calls women he doesn't like "'fat pigs,' 'dogs,' 'slobs' and 'disgusting animals,'" his popularity shockingly rose.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Clinton is not in jail or awaiting sentencing.
She is looking awfully stressed and angry.

Old 09-04-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
No, I am saying the Democrat women are voting for her, because she is a woman. I don't know any Republicans that have thought for one moment of voting for Hillary. I would have considered Jim Webb, and I am a Republican, but would never think of voting for Hillary.
Which implies that those same democrat women would otherwise be voting for the GOP candidate, which is nonsense when you consider that the GOP hasn't won the female vote in nearly 30 years. That same logic was used to explain why African Americans voted for Obama (because he's black) despite the fact that African Americans have historically voted for Democrats.

Quote:
A few on here expressed they wanted their granddaughters or daughters to have a good role model. Not sure why anyone would want the females in their life to think cheating husbands are worth keeping around and selling ones own country to foreign countries is something to be proud of. Along with lying and not remembering much.......not my idea of a strong woman.
I'm sure they do, but I don't see how that is relevant unless they are trying to say that Clinton would be that role model. That would be a moot point point any way though since the GOP struggles to win female voters.

Quote:
As for the GOP.......this is why women are supporting Trump. He is not perfect, but he has no plans to fill the country with more Democrat voters, no plan to remove guns from law abiding people and he has his own money he won't be selling parts of America to finance his private foundation. Plus, he will halt the GOP elites something most of us support.

https://mic.com/articles/123749/fema...cle#.V0g82qeGo
Women aren't supporting Trump. Women haven't supported the GOO/voted for the GOP candidate since the 80's.

Quote:
Although Trump is a divisive figure among female voters in national polls, his supporters are evenly spread between men and women in the Republican base. Even after he made a below-the-belt period joke about Megyn Kelly, arguably one of the most beloved figures in conservative media, after Kelly asked why he calls women he doesn't like "'fat pigs,' 'dogs,' 'slobs' and 'disgusting animals,'" his popularity shockingly rose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies