Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 01:17 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,210,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriveadodgestratus View Post
In another example, the film Red Dawn (remake) had to be digitally whitewashed in order to make it look like the army that invaded the US was the N. Koreans. In reality, the original film showed the Chinese invadining America which infuriated the censors over in China.

Ummm...wrong.

You obviously never watched Red Dawn.

It was the Russians who attacked in the original. Not the Chinese. At this point alone, your whole claim becomes invalid.

Let alone, if someone is SELF censoring, that is their choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 01:20 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,933,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Ummm...wrong.

It was the Russians who attacked in the original. Not the Chinese. At this point alone, your whole claim becomes invalid.

OP said remake. The remake indeed had N. Koreans invading because I saw it myself. You don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/

Old 09-06-2016, 01:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Indifferent.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:23 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
The big star in China, what is his name again? Jay Chow or whatever that is.

He is such a boring actor, he also has a weird voice. That movie The Green Hornet is horrible.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:24 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,051,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The big star in China, what is his name again? Jay Chow or whatever that is.

He is such a boring actor, he also has a weird voice. That movie The Green Hornet is horrible.
He writes nice songs.
His acting and singing are horrible.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:27 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
yeah. I like Jet Li, I think his old movies are awesome. Seems like a very nice guy too. I can see why he is a popular. I will pay $$ to watch his movies.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:28 PM

46,975 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Ummm...wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
OP said remake. The remake indeed had N. Koreans invading because I saw it myself. You don't know what you're talking about.

Red Dawn (2012) - IMDb
Clarification, you're both right: The remake (yuck) changed the villains from China to North Korea during development - specifically to safeguard the Chinese export market. And making a bigger mess out of a movie that was a mess in the first place.

In the original, the Chinese were on the US' side, leading to some interesting dialogue.

"600 million screamin' Chinamen..."
"I thought there was a billion screaming Chinamen?"
"There were."

Old 09-06-2016, 03:00 PM

105 posts, read 90,872 times
In the future they will also start catering to India, Indonesia and whatever countries with big population.

Old 12-13-2022, 06:55 AM
SFX

1,639 posts, read 895,505 times
Quote:
So now we have unfettered capitalism that is leading to the imposition of another country's style of censorship on the people of America.
It's an interesting situation. Conquering other countries by using money, rather than an army.

Considering how many people will sell their soul, or their mother to get ahead, get that big money, it might be the most profound change on warfare in history.

Certainly there have always been those infamous (or famous) people who "betrayed" the good guy for large amounts of cash, or betrayed the bad guys, depends on who is telling the story.

Using gold to buy somebody on the inside is a very old tactic. But to buy enough people to literally take over the media and entertainment industry, that's another level, unknown in history.

Will this overturn Mao? His adage that "all political power comes from the mouth of a gun"?

Is there more power in immense wealth?

Reminds me of that line from Wild Palms, when Robert Morse’s character Chap says, “I’m a good _____ — I go where I’m kicked”.

Stone is using the fictional character to quote one of Sam Peckinpah’s favorite one-liners about his relationship to Hollywood

(edit)

Jeez, I had no idea the auto censor here doesn't allow the word wh _ re in a post. So you have to fill in the blanks up there.

That an auto censor screwed up my post is just too ironic. It really is. No Chinese required. Censorship is everywhere these days, and all the great works of art, which reveal the human condition, are no longer allowed to even be discussed.

Old 12-13-2022, 07:26 AM

19,233 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Moviegoers are being blitzed by the non-stop pandering to China, for example we blatantly saw it during The Martian
And when there is an emergency as the movie displayed where would NASA go to, Hertz Rent a Rocket?
There aren't many nations that could have offered a solution as needed in the movie but I don't see a commie lurking behind every tree the way you do.

It was a well made movie, that's all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies