Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 09:13 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,826 times

Advertisements

I wonder if any of the off topic posters actually looked at the advice...the studies of stoner behavior...

I will see if any are parents themselves and are raising less enabled drug fueled children... And think nothing is wrong in doing so

It would appear that there are some very sympathetic persons on city data to stoners

It also appears most folks want nothing to do with one.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:50 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,496 times
Only eight more weeks until CA legalizes.

Looks like it's giving some people here a serious case of urinary incontinence.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:06 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I wonder if any of the off topic posters actually looked at the advice...the studies of stoner behavior...

I will see if any are parents themselves and are raising less enabled drug fueled children... And think nothing is wrong in doing so

It would appear that there are some very sympathetic persons on city data to stoners

If we define stoner as someone who habitually uses and that's pretty much the extent of their existence, then yeah, most people don't want anything to do with them. But plenty of users aren't stoners, even if your warped, insane version of reality disagrees.

As for the list, most of these points are just general relationship advice made into advice about pot. They aren't pot exclusive points. I mean, point 1 can be anything. Consumer debt is pretty high these days, has been for awhile. The take away is to date someone who's financially responsible, regardless of what that means.

And point 4 is just BS. It seems like they needed to get to 10 (it's a good number; it's why there are 10 commandments and the first 3 all sound the same; 7 commandments sounds dumb, but 10...) and they just didn't put it at the end because the knew people would catch. I mean seriously, "you might feel guilt." The **** does that even mean?

Old 09-06-2016, 11:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Sounds like good healthy common sense advice to me...

10 Reasons Not to Date a Stoner -

Parents... What do you think? Is it a temptation for your child that you have to battle against. Apparently some studies show it is...

How sad
"Activists Like to Cause a Racket. If he or she is an activist… good luck. A majority of marijuana users are also “politically active and energized” according to Ed Gogek, and their “allegiance to the drug” consumes their social calendar and Facebook newsfeed."

Heaven knows we can't have someone who's a political activist - better to just sit down and shut up....

What are you going to do when weed becomes legal in California? Are you going to move to Utah?

Old 09-07-2016, 12:33 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Kept him employed I'm sure, like the rest of the Drug War.
He actually admitted to that in a different thread. The endless war on drugs yields a nice, fat paycheck for him.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:18 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
I do not think smoking pot is good for you. I do think, like alcohol, it is relatively harmless in moderation. I do not think government has any business deciding what you put in your body.

Old 09-07-2016, 03:24 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
"Activists Like to Cause a Racket. If he or she is an activist… good luck. A majority of marijuana users are also “politically active and energized” according to Ed Gogek, and their “allegiance to the drug” consumes their social calendar and Facebook newsfeed."

Heaven knows we can't have someone who's a political activist - better to just sit down and shut up....

What are you going to do when weed becomes legal in California? Are you going to move to Utah?
Get a new job... the decision is coming and it's going to be a doozy

Make more money...at least enough to compare to a small time grower...except mine will be taxable and legal..oh darn. Money has never been a motivator for me... But lets just call it a cherry on top

Have more professional satisfaction..well..that's hard to quantify..because I'm pretty satisfied now...and along with others I'm working hard on the 5 ngm "per se" limit... Unsuccessful in the last session..but right back there again...any potential legalization will push new law as dopers begin to kill more motorists

Continue what I'm doing...but more so...continue volunteering at juvenile drug court..a higly successful diversion program for pothead kids to keep their records clear if they complete a detox and education program...with intensive probation follow-up and peer to peer mentoring

Enjoy a non grow existence as a result of my efforts and the efforts of the majority of citizens in my area that voted for such an existence

Have neighbors happy to support my efforts...and even happier that someone is willing to stand up to drug fueled people...some dangerous. This has always been a factor. Making a racket but doing so effectively such as big picture stuff like granny 12 plant that forever changed the pot landscape.

Build a vacation home in a weed restricted environment..courtesy directly from labor delved from marijuana regulation enforcement.
Some states still aren't pot friendly to the extent they don't enable druggies to run rampant. Heck even parts of Colorado are still nice...

Sadly I did have to drop probation class this year as other labors ramped up... The MIS system project,which I'm happy to say MIS =marijuana identification software project ( currently set at 99 plants)has been given a full boat grant for another year by the feds.. Getting my faa licensing courtesy of the county...I hope to complete commercial within the year and the uav certification... The monetary benefit would enable about100 k plus additional salary if I could get the supervisory position...which I would be highly qualified for...and have a solid skil set... I'm still not sure I want the travel associated with it...but that's a personal decision as I enjoy my life outside marijuana stuff. Thirty hours a week is a ice flow..and I have a completely flexible work schedule. Three ten hour days..no sweat..no night work.. awesome.. home with momma.. yes... That would change..so that's a big decision

By the way..the 600 plant "growth" at the childcare facility that occurred in Connecticut?... It will not happen here ...the system would have flagged it immediately and they would never have gotten to maturity stage. Although cowboy growers always played the hide and seek game now that's going to get harder and harder to over time. People should also realize Leo waits for many grows to mature purposefully...taking them right at harvest.. then the growers cannot replant. We have found that a successful tactic in getting some of the out of state dirtbags to leave and go back to their home states...a win win...
I'll be interfacing with the SRO's with flow of current intelligence information . Our county is ramping up for somewhere around twenty new positions up from four should legalization occur. Flow of up to date marijuana intelligence will be integral in helping them developing trending projects to help kids get off and stay of marijuana... Which has historically been easier to access than alcohol before granny 12 plant became law.

If legalization occurs...the flow of money for education..prevention..and enforcement will be steady and substantial..which is what government always likes..a steady and substantial tax stream. In the case of California it's going to be several thousand state workers..myself included should I take one of two positions opening up.

So..while people are being active in their daily existence to use drugs people like me will be even more active to codify abhorrent drug behavior.

There is no free ride when it comes to drugs. Healthy hildren have always been and will always be the end game. There is a segment of our population that will be write offs... The stoners..

In twenty years marijuana will have lost its appeal in my opinion... It will be commercialized and overtaken by corporations... Monsanto will take it over it formally and use their political clout and savvy but evil marketing techniques..beyond the current hybridization..which is full tilt right now to control it. After all a new market of thirty million regular users beyond tobacco has Phillip Reynolds and con Agra licking their lips..and Monsanto is working hard to make pot better through chemistry and make MPS...Monsanto GMO. They have been successful with other crops..this one will go the same route

So..thanks for asking.. I'm excited..it's getting very busy...and I feel good..healthy too.. life has a way of rewarding hard work with positive results.

That's what legalization will do for me

I hope 64 passes.... Naw..I don't really..even though I would personally benefit... but I'll deal with it...

To the poster and the ten commandments... Wouldn't be such a bad way to live...don't you think? I personally like five through nine for contemporary existence... I can do without some of the holy roller stuff

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-07-2016 at 04:00 AM..

Old 09-07-2016, 08:52 AM

742 posts, read 678,777 times
Quote:

Off topic because they don't agree with your webpage article? Yeah, okay.

Suck it up cupcake people are done with the propaganda. PS. It won't lose it's appeal, it's only growing in popularity.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:02 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,396,089 times
Define "stoner". I didn't see the definition in the article other than someone who is "addicted" is a stoner. Is a stoner someone who smokes all day every day, someone who smokes on the weekend only, or someone who smokes after work three times a week...

My personal experience with pot smokers is they often are just like social drinkers. Personally, I always preferred to smoke a joint rather than have a drink. Unfortunately, I don't have the choice in Texas. We are 20 years behind the rest of the country in legalizing drugs.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:03 AM

1,166 posts, read 755,658 times
How many reasons do you need to not date a sanctimonious drug warrior cop that spreads lies and misleading information on a daily basis? I would much rather my kids date people that smoke weed than cops. The type of sociopathic, authoritarian personality required to be drawn to a career in law enforcement is not someone that I want my kids to spend time around. The stats bear this out, LEOs have much higher rates of alcoholism, divorce and domestic abuse than the public at large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies