Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2016, 05:05 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post

There are idiots in all races, and you can pick them by the polls: blacks only 8 or so percent for trump, 45 percent whites for trump, almost zero mexicans. I would say here that the blacks and Mexicans are the smart ones. they know a con job when they see one.
I agree. I am astounded by the number of whites, especially those whites with little to no education beyond high school, who actually believe Trump cares about them and understands the social and economic conditions that (they perceive) impact their lives. They actually believe that Trump believes the crap he spews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 05:57 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Black people need to vote the way they wamt too not the way some white conservatives want us too. Right wing CD posters alone make me not want to be associated with the republican party
No, that would not be CD posters influencing your perspectives, they are anonymous individuals expressing their own opinions. That influence you speak of is coming from the liberal left, with the long term message that you need Democrats for your existence, because you are incapable of anything on your own. Included with this message is how evil their political opponents are.

But that said, a truly informed vote ( one not based only on regurgitated talking points based on personal attacks and baseless innuendoes on a candidate) is a valid vote regardless of which candidate that vote is cast.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:09 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I agree. I am astounded by the number of whites, especially those whites with little to no education beyond high school, who actually believe Trump cares about them and understands the social and economic conditions that (they perceive) impact their lives. They actually believe that Trump believes the crap he spews.
Oh yes, that would be the often regurgitated left wing talking point about Trump supporters being limited to white "uneducated" individuals. Another of the myriad baseless innuendos put out there for the "Trump Must Never Become President" bandwagon
members who apparently believe that unquestioningly buying into these innuendos and pollyparroting them makes them intelligent informed voters.

Your right to do so, of course, but the sense of superiority implied in your comments isn't especially warranted.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:21 AM

148 posts, read 137,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
No, that would not be CD posters influencing your perspectives, they are anonymous individuals expressing their own opinions. That influence you speak of is coming from the liberal left, with the long term message that you need Democrats for your existence, because you are incapable of anything on your own. Included with this message is how evil their political opponents are.

But that said, a truly informed vote ( one not based only on regurgitated talking points based on personal attacks and baseless innuendoes on a candidate) is a valid vote regardless of which candidate that vote is cast.
I (and my friends and family) am making and informed vote that has nothing to do with needing Democrats or handouts to exist. I do not believe the religious right's agenda should dictate laws, I do not believe broad sweeping tax cuts are a good thing when there is a huge deficit, I do not agree with defunding public schools, and immigration reform is important but deporting everyone is unrealistic.

The problem is no matter how many times we say that, Republicans refuse to believe it. As someone earlier pointed out the people most affected by poverty are generally not the ones who vote. So the constant refrain of "Democrats are keeping black people in the ghetto" does not resonate with 80% of the black voter population. It's actually quite condescending.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Blacks voters follow the 'herd-mentality'.

Looking at past records, they either vote overwhelmingly Republican or Democrat.

Once you can attract the required threshold, the rest just follow along.
You don't say!

Old 09-08-2016, 07:00 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How have Blacks been ill-served by Democrats? You guys keeping pointing out the poverty statistics that only affect 25% of Blacks and less than 20% of Black voters. The rest of the Black voters have jobs, income, families, pay taxes, have 401ks and pensions etc. So how have Democrats failed the Black Americans who are doctors, lawyers, accountants, plumbers, teachers, bus drivers, etc.

So the 90% of Black voters who vote Democrat are... living off the gov't, unsuccessful, and uneducated...?
You tell me, seems all we hear about is poor black people and none of them are getting ahead in the USA. Possibly the blacks doing well should override the ones complaining that blacks are mistreated in the USA. Like the ones shot by police, those are not the ones you describe as being successful.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:55 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Do you believe Hillary?

Old 09-08-2016, 10:12 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Your taxes will just like it pays for poor whites Asians Latinos etc. Majority of black are not voting republican concentrate on your model minority Asians.
And even with so-called "model minority" Asian Americans you gots lots of work to do. Between 2/3rds to 3/4 of the vote go Democratic. Take it from one of us.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:43 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post

Yeah These are the people who represent the republican party. The type of comnents they make about blacks are the very reason why Blacks dont want to be apart of the republican party. Saying things like we all in proverty we all are uneducated we all want free hand outs etc wont get you the black vote. Many people that represent to republican party including politicians have said things like this. Until this type of Rhetoric changes and the republican party shows a authentic interest in the black community and put together good policies that will uplift those african americans in proverty then they can forget getting the black vote. You cant insult them and then ask for there vote

Old 09-08-2016, 10:48 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
I (and my friends and family) am making and informed vote that has nothing to do with needing Democrats or handouts to exist. I do not believe the religious right's agenda should dictate laws, I do not believe broad sweeping tax cuts are a good thing when there is a huge deficit, I do not agree with defunding public schools, and immigration reform is important but deporting everyone is unrealistic.

The problem is no matter how many times we say that, Republicans refuse to believe it. As someone earlier pointed out the people most affected by poverty are generally not the ones who vote. So the constant refrain of "Democrats are keeping black people in the ghetto" does not resonate with 80% of the black voter population. It's actually quite condescending.
As many times as you tell them that. They still will repeat the same talking points that we are on the democratic plantation and that blacks are voting for free handouts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies