Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 09:54 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump doesn't dance around like most politicians and say nothing clearly.. Trump does and that is what is so loved or hated.. he tells it without any reservations.
And then changes it the next day. And again the following day. And again the next week. While his surrogates tie themselves in knots trying to trumpsplain what he REALLY meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 10:05 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Why doesn't the people who so call love America and want us to be self sufficient allow us to drill on our own land......then this would not be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And then changes it the next day. And again the following day. And again the next week. While his surrogates tie themselves in knots trying to trumpsplain what he REALLY meant.
So you never have a change in plans? Have you ever made a decision walked away and thought about it and changed your mind the next day? Don't be so fearful Trump is not in charge and yet you are not questioning those who are.

Until so called environmentalist get the hell out of the way and think practical we are tied to the RICH Middle East and their allies.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:08 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It says something about his willing to consider options and the temperament to consider what is in the best interest of the nation and it isn't to be used by the world as a piggy bank to pay for all the misdeeds and aggression of uncivilized radicals.
Change is always resisted. We defiantly need to change how foreign policy is paid for and recoup cost from other nations that benefit by our actions who pay little to nothing.

The international audience is being put on notice that the same old BS that we bare all the cost for needs to change. They can get ready to step up and provide solutions where the cost is shared in a more equitable manner. It is passed time for them to put more skin and money in defense and make a commitment to a greater share or at the least pay what they have already committed to pay.
He's not considering options and considering what is in the best interest of the nation. He's flying by the seat of his pants, and putting all sorts of nonsense out there. That's not good for the nation.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't know that he thinks Putin is an ally. I saw Trump criticize Russia as recently as yesterday. But I don't think that keeping him as an "enemy" is particularly useful. I don't know about you, but if I'm being truthful with myself, I really don't care about turf wars in Eastern Europe. I am at odds with Russia's coziness with our enemies in the Middle East, but I think we would have more influence over them as a friend and trading partner than we do as their enemy. When have our condemnations against Putin ever helped our cause? If anything, he does some of the things he does as a method saber rattling, which he might feel as less necessary as a strategic partner. An alliance could also be helpful in the fight against terror
I do care about turf wars in Europe. When has Putin ever helped our cause? He didn't seize Crimea because we rattled OUR sabers. He's a bully, and he's an authoritarian. When Trump cites Putin's high approval ratings, it's scary. He doesn't consider the authoritarian atmosphere that underlies those high "approval" ratings. He doesn't consider what happens to Putin's political opponents. He doesn't understand that Putin controls the media. He doesn't seem to have a real understanding of the Russian political system. And sadly, he doesn't seem to have a real understanding of the American political system, or he wouldn't be campaigning on Making America Great Again. We ARE Great, by every measure. We are the wealthiest nation in the world. We have the most powerful military in the world. But most importantly, we have the Constitution of the United States as our bedrock. It's the ideals and principles encapsulated in that document that make us great, that will always make us great, as long as we continue to defend that document and live by its tenets.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
That isn't the game. Oil wealth isn't about cheap oil. Its a bread crumb problem. Leave bread crumbs and you breed cockroaches. Leaving oil wealth in an regime that hate you is probably a bad idea. Now why our leaders did this is something you'd have to ask them. Probably a special interest to make a buck.
So you think that stealing oil wealth from a sovereign nation is a good idea???

Wow, just wow.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:26 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
[quote=DC at the Ridge;45422877][quote]
Quote:
ISIS has tapped a few of Iraq's wells in the north. ISIS and Iran have not taken Iraq's oil by a long margin. And NATO...NATO stands for North ATLANTIC Treaty Organization. When did Iraq become a member? Do you even understand what NATO's purpose is?
Don't play up your ignorance as a solution to the problem. NATO wasn't designed to take action against NATO members. They would be expected to take action against countries that are not NATO members. Countries like Iran or Iraq, and many others. Any understanding I have won't be made better by your questions which would dumb down any conversation on the issues.

Quote:
I love the fact that you criticize Hillary for her response to ISIS, while you extol the imaginary plan from Trump who knows more about ISIS than all the generals, who has a secret plan that he won't reveal, and who thinks he can solve this problem at the snap of his fingers, or maybe at the snap of Putin's fingers.
You brought NATO into the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Thank you for your clarity regarding your position. I take it that you aren't supporting Trump? After all, he's the one proposing going into a nation, and forcibly stealing away their livelihood. Against multiple international laws, certainly the kind of thing NATO would want to prevent.
Quote:
I love the fact that you criticize Hillary for her response to ISIS, while you extol the imaginary plan from Trump who knows more about ISIS than all the generals, who has a secret plan that he won't reveal, and who thinks he can solve this problem at the snap of his fingers, or maybe at the snap of Putin's fingers.
It is even more satisfying to see you can't defend crooked Hillary's proven failed policy's. You attack Trump's ideas instead.
If the generals know more, why do we put civilians in charge of them ? What knowledge and experience did Obama have ? None. Yet crooked Hillary would continue his failed policy's which speaks to her poor judgement and willingness to continue failing. Where is her military experience ? Oh ....she doesn't have any either.
Time to face the facts. The civilian president will be briefed and have all the information available to make the decisions like it has always been done. The element of surprise is a great advantage to the one who has it. We have seen Obama tell the enemy everything we intend to do including how we are going to retake city's in the ME. It doesn't get any more stupid than that. Snap your fingers and Obama will fund our enemies so they can finance terrorism against our interest. Snap them fast and try to keep the beat. As we are learning now that he has already done that to the tune of billions of dollars.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:26 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Why doesn't the people who so call love America and want us to be self sufficient allow us to drill on our own land......then this would not be a problem.

So you never have a change in plans? Have you ever made a decision walked away and thought about it and changed your mind the next day? Don't be so fearful Trump is not in charge and yet you are not questioning those who are.

Until so called environmentalist get the hell out of the way and think practical we are tied to the RICH Middle East and their allies.
Yeah, but I don't change my position MULTIPLE time depending on who I'm talking to. Trump has stated different positions on the same issue to different audiences on the same day, then changed it again the following day, and again and again and again. And me deciding not to buy a roast then changing my mind is not a matter of public policy, I'm not running for president.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:28 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

read my lips NOT drilling in FLA waters get a smart car or a skate board

Old 09-09-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
QUOTE]

Don't play up your ignorance as a solution to the problem. NATO wasn't designed to take action against NATO members. They would be expected to take action against countries that are not NATO members. Countries like Iran or Iraq, and many others. Any understanding I have won't be made better by your questions which would dumb down any conversation on the issues.

You brought NATO into the discussion.

It is even more satisfying to see you can't defend crooked Hillary's proven failed policy's. You attack Trump's ideas instead.
If the generals know more, why do we put civilians in charge of them ? What knowledge and experience did Obama have ? None. Yet crooked Hillary would continue his failed policy's which speaks to her poor judgement and willingness to continue failing. Where is her military experience ? Oh ....she doesn't have any either.
Time to face the facts. The civilian president will be briefed and have all the information available to make the decisions like it has always been done. The element of surprise is a great advantage to the one who has it. We have seen Obama tell the enemy everything we intend to do including how we are going to retake city's in the ME. It doesn't get any more stupid than that. Snap your fingers and Obama will fund our enemies so they can finance terrorism against our interest. Snap them fast and try to keep the beat. As we are learning now that he has already done that to the tune of billions of dollars.
NATO wasn't designed to take action against countries in the Middle East to defend other Middle Eastern countries against threats originating from the Middle East.

I didn't bring NATO into the discussion.

And I'm thrilled that you are satisfied that I attack Trump's stupid ideas. It thrills me beyond words that you believe that Trump knows more about ISIS than the generals and intelligence experts. How did Trump come by all this ISIS knowledge?

Time to face the facts. Trump makes false assertions with an alarming regularity. And when he gets called out, he doubles down, and behaves vindictively. He's not suited to be President. That's the facts.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Bush and Cheney were just continuing Bill and the Democrats ongoing campaign of lies.
Daddy bush invaded Iraq.

Dubya invaded Iraq.

Tell me all about Clinton's invasion of Iraq.

Please...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies