Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2016, 12:34 AM

29,622 posts, read 16,629,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You can be any race or sex and experience that. You might be dumb, ugly and unlikable and that's why.
Arguing that it can happen to anyone means you dont grasp the fact that discrimination laws protect all. I understand that you believe white people are discriminated against, but if any of the above situations happened, they would win in court.

Quote:
Well same-sex couples don't deserve to be called marriage and don't deserve the same benefits as opposite-sex couples. I don't care if you agree or not.
likewise, but you argued that you part defended it for better or worse, they dont, so you admit you are wrong.

Quote:
Where was the other person's freedom of choice to not having to suffer consequence of having another person forced on them against their better judgement?
The flaw in your argument is that my rent money is just as green as yours.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:35 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,480,334 times
Quote:

Well same-sex couples don't deserve to be called marriage and don't deserve the same benefits as opposite-sex couples. I don't care if you agree or not.
Exhibit A as to why you are a homophobe and cannot lay claim to the argument that "people like me stand up for equality." You don't, so stop lying. And this is just one strain of intolerant, bigoted behavior on the conservative side.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:36 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,292,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The Republican Party treats people equally, but by holding the same standards for everyone makes you a racist in modern American. Why democrats think minorities are so incapable is beyond me.
LMAO....if the Republican Party treated people equally, it'd be attracting more non white voters.

Sorry, but it's the party of pyssed off white males. That's a crowd that I have no time for.
Quote:
That's what gets me about Democrats' group identity politics. I might like an individual person, and dislike the group. But that's taboo. Democrats position is, you don't have to like any of the individuals but you must like the group. It's insincere group identity politics.
Lol...so you're mad because you wanna freely hate all minorities without criticism...which in your mind is OK because of course you'll choose a tiny few to actually like and respect.

That's why I always say, let a conservative talk long enough...
Quote:
Regardless, I don't think it's fair to judge the whole Republican party based on the south. I don't think it's even fair to judge the south from a northerner perspective. Besides, people change parties for various and good reasons. I've known of people who switched from Democrat to Republican and it had nothing to do with race.
Southern whites left the Democrats solely because of race. They thought the party was too welcoming to blacks. Couldn't have that.

So they chose Nixon...who blew his dog whistles all over the place.

And i judge the Republican Party by that fact until this day and forever.
Quote:
Originally congress meant with the CRA don't discriminate based just on race etc. Then it quickly became you can discriminate against whites and maybe sometimes Asians and discriminate in favor other race classes and discrimination meant different outcomes, thanks to an overreaching executive and judiciary.
CRA wouldn't have been necessary had white folks done the right thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Civil rights Act is not an amendment. It can be eliminated at will, with a 50.1% vote and a President that has listened to enough rhetoric, to sign it.
Try it.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:39 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,906,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Arguing that it can happen to anyone means you dont grasp the fact that discrimination laws protect all. I understand that you believe white people are discriminated against, but if any of the above situations happened, they would win in court.
HAHAHA

Quote:
likewise, but you argued that you part defended it for better or worse, they dont, so you admit you are wrong.
I never said Republicans defended gay marriage. You said civil rights, housing discrimination and economic discrimination, which Republicans have supported.

Quote:
The flaw in your argument is that my rent money is just as green as yours.
If that's the case then you have less reason to force someone to rent to another person.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Exhibit A as to why you are a homophobe and cannot lay claim to the argument that "people like me stand up for equality." You don't, so stop lying. And this is just one strain of intolerant, bigoted behavior on the conservative side.
Your nonsense homophobe label is meaningless, just like all the labels liberals resort to. I don't fear gays let alone have an irrational fear of them. I just don't think a gay couple is the same thing as a traditional marriage.

Last edited by mtl1; 09-11-2016 at 01:01 AM..

Old 09-11-2016, 12:44 AM

29,622 posts, read 16,629,475 times
Quote:

I never said Republicans defended gay marriage. You said civil rights, housing discrimination and economic discrimination, which Republicans have supported.

If they do not support them for all individuals, then they do not support them period. By your logic a Republican could say " I support Civil rights, Housing, and economic opportunity of only white people" and it would fulfill the objectives of your argument.

Quote:
If that's the case then you have less reason to force someone to rent to another person.
that would be true if you pretended racist and homophobes dont exist.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
You're nonsense homophobe label is meaningless, just like al the labels liberals resort to. I don't fear gays let alone have an irrational fear of them. I just don't think a gay couple is the same thing as a traditional marriage.
Replace it with whatever other label you want that says "I stereotype gays on their orientation and don't want them to have certain basic equal rights," because that's what you stand for. So just have the balls to own up to it and stop this game of "my party is the party of equality for everyone." It's like wacky opposite day with you guys. What you express is really just the same continuation of the same mentality as the historic racist opposition of civil rights. And now tell me with a straight face that it was people like you who fought for minority civil rights... lol

Old 09-11-2016, 12:47 AM

All right, this just devolving into another deal where liberals say whites and conservatives are all racist and are to blame for everything. That's racist Democrats for you.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,292,091 times
Quote:
All right, this just devolving into another deal where liberals say whites and conservatives are all racist and are to blame for everything. That's racist Democrats for you.
Whites AND conservatives? No...not quite.

Remove the "and" however, and it's not all that far off the mark. Just read the threads here on CD. Hell, read your own posts in fact.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:50 AM

Quote:
This evolved into the demonstration of conservatives for exactly what they always have been and always will be: people intolerant of minorities and fundamentally prone to their subjugation. It was blacks before, now it's gays, also coming up all Muslims...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies