Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 07:45 AM

89,349 posts, read 45,082,685 times

Advertisements

There are baby/child car seat alarms made for exactly this reason. What kind of a dumbass wouldn't spend $30 on an alarm that has the potential to save their baby's/child's life?

Hell, just use your cell phone's calendar app to send you a reminder every morning to take the baby/child OUT of the car. Easy to set that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 08:09 AM

33,598 posts, read 18,237,546 times
People are so busy they run on auto pilot . If the routine is changed, they can forget . Our own brain can trick us too. We could think we did something and can't believe we didn't. We do need safety warnings to make sure we don't ever leave a baby in a car. No one wants to be a mother or father to make such a tragic mistake.

One must be so distracted , so under pressure, that they can do this.. I have seen people riding down the road with a cup on their car driving down the road.

I have seen many people get distracted but forgetting your child in the car is at the top of the list. To get in a habit to check on your child has to be a major priority. It just has to.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:39 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,975,421 times
How in the hell can a parent forget their baby is in the car?? It simply is beyond me.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:00 AM

13,310 posts, read 7,894,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There are baby/child car seat alarms made for exactly this reason. What kind of a dumbass wouldn't spend $30 on an alarm that has the potential to save their baby's/child's life?

Hell, just use your cell phone's calendar app to send you a reminder every morning to take the baby/child OUT of the car. Easy to set that up.
One of the culture's stupidity . . . is techicity.

Priorities get scrambled by teching details.

Just don't tech me without permission.

Gadgets have already become mandorific.

Gad-jet yourself away.

Technacity is a brain disease.

Oh my gad!

It is sad to prioritize a tad.

Tads demand equality!

Many brain dead are total brain tads. (they call me an algbrat)

Run from the taddol tales. Can't talk to 'em!

Pro-mind me not to talk to them.

I accidentally back-turned into an unmarked post, in the road, at about 3 MPH, putting a small dent on the bumper. The post disappeared from view when turning the non side windowed van.

The safety officer asked me how fast I was driving.

I told him I was going 40, maybe 50 miles an hour.

The safety officer testified in court that I didn't brake, as no skid marks were found on the pavement.

He asked me if I was looking at the speedometer.

I was forced to walk in vehicular traffic for many months to teach me to use a speedometer.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 09-18-2016 at 10:14 AM..

Old 09-18-2016, 10:50 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,972,757 times
How the hell does a parent forget the most important person in their life?

She didn't forget, she didn't care!

Old 09-18-2016, 12:30 PM

13,310 posts, read 7,894,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How the hell does a parent forget the most important person in their life?

She didn't forget, she didn't care!
She went to work to care for the baby.

Babies are expensive.

She might have been paying the KidCare the same she was paid at her work job.

Same-same can derail a brain.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:48 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,462,211 times
People are so self-righteous until something like this happens to them...

Old 09-18-2016, 03:19 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,972,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
People are so self-righteous until something like this happens to them...
On certain things, I can agree with you, but not when it comes to leaving a baby or child in a car. Usually, only people who don't have children would think this way. At some point within an hour one would think the child would come to the person's mind, don't you think?

How busy can a person be to think they drove to the daycare, left the child and come to find out they never stopped at the daycare....sounds like the mom has other issues.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:51 PM

88,849 posts, read 85,240,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
How in the hell can a parent forget their baby is in the car?? It simply is beyond me.
There is an answer to that. People have posted the article describing exactly the answer to every time one of these threads comes up, but guess what? You guys won't, or can't, read through a full-length article that helps you understand the tricks the brain plays so you (not you personally, but the collective you), just keep saying what you said above over and over and over again. Of course, the irony is that you really DON'T WANT an answer to your own question, do you.

It's weird.

I used to ask the same question. Then I read about it. Now I'm smarter. See how that works?

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 09-18-2016 at 06:10 PM..

Old 09-18-2016, 06:21 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,697,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Lol. Right. It's not the death of your child that will stop you from doing this, it's the potential to be punished.

Ridiculous. Unless some sort of malice can be proven -- and there are cases where the parents dressed it up as an "accident" but were caught-- why clog up the prisons and waste taxpayer money on someone who is not likely to re-offend?

Investigate her. See if there was any reason that she would have wanted her kid dead. But if not, she's been punished enough. These things happen, unfortunately. Especially nowadays that our lives are so fast-paced.

Please with the fast paced "busy" nonsense. It actually takes less time to do tasks than it did years ago.

Many people today create their own chaos. Put down your damn phone when you're in the store and shop. I have seen people come into stores the same time I do and they stand there texting with an empty cart. Twenty minutes later I'm in the checkout line and they're still staring down at the phone with an empty cart.

Just one example of why some people are so overwhelmed.

No excuse for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies