Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 06:27 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,659,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
People are so self-righteous until something like this happens to them...
Wrong. I can give people a pass on many things. Not this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
On certain things, I can agree with you, but not when it comes to leaving a baby or child in a car. Usually, only people who don't have children would think this way. At some point within an hour one would think the child would come to the person's mind, don't you think?

How busy can a person be to think they drove to the daycare, left the child and come to find out they never stopped at the daycare....sounds like the mom has other issues.
Thank you. "Busy" is the excuse now for everything. It covers everything now so you don't have to say "I didn't want to be bothered" to "I screwed up big time"....but much easier today to just "busy" for when you don't do what you were supposed to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 07:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Lol. Right. It's not the death of your child that will stop you from doing this, it's the potential to be punished.

Ridiculous. Unless some sort of malice can be proven -- and there are cases where the parents dressed it up as an "accident" but were caught-- why clog up the prisons and waste taxpayer money on someone who is not likely to re-offend?

Investigate her. See if there was any reason that she would have wanted her kid dead. But if not, she's been punished enough. These things happen, unfortunately. Especially nowadays that our lives are so fast-paced.
It wouldn't happen if these parents put their kids as a priority instead of an after thought.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,792,370 times
Mother, age 29, is an attorney.

No charges have been pressed.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:37 PM

89,083 posts, read 44,906,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Mother, age 29, is an attorney.

No charges have been pressed.
No charges? I call BS. She should be charged with murder.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:19 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,682,811 times
Hey, give mom-of-the-year a break...she probably needed to check her texts in the day care parking lot.

The texts distracted her and she forgot about the kid...it could happen to anybody!

Old 09-18-2016, 09:15 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,952,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There is an answer to that. People have posted the article describing exactly the answer to every time one of these threads comes up, but guess what? You guys won't, or can't, read through a full-length article that helps you understand the tricks the brain plays so you (not you personally, but the collective you), just keep saying what you said above over and over and over again. Of course, the irony is that you really DON'T WANT an answer to your own question, do you.

It's weird.

I used to ask the same question. Then I read about it. Now I'm smarter. See how that works?
Most of us read the article and still could not understand how a mom could be this busy to forget she didn't go to the daycare. Come on! How does one think they drove to the daycare, work all day, drive to the daycare with child in the backseat DEAD?

Did you really READ the article......or just acting superior?

Old 09-18-2016, 09:17 PM

32,099 posts, read 15,096,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
life in prison.

until this is the punishment, people will keep 'forgetting'.
How ridiculous. Although I have no idea how you could forget your child, I know we have become a very stressed out society. We have kids in school committing suicide because of this. No one leaves their child in a car intentionally. And their prison is always living with this.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:57 AM

88,649 posts, read 84,928,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Most of us read the article and still could not understand how a mom could be this busy to forget she didn't go to the daycare. Come on! How does one think they drove to the daycare, work all day, drive to the daycare with child in the backseat DEAD?

Did you really READ the article......or just acting superior?
Oh for God's sake. I'm not acting superior, so just stop. I am providing information. The article that is posted in almost every one of these dead-baby-in-the-car threads--the one with the interview with the memory expert--explains how it happens. If you choose not to read and learn, that's on you. It doesn't mean you will have sympathy for the parent, but it will mean you will understand better how it happens. Isn't that what you all keep asking, like parrots? "How could this happen?" Is it so gratifying to you to sneer in judgment at someone else's tragedy that you'd rather do that than try to learn and understand the answer to your own question? Now that is superiority.

Yes, I read the OP article. This is not the first time that exact same scenario has happened wherein the mother drove back to the daycare only to find that her kid was dead in the back seat.

I never forgot my kid, either. She's made it to adulthood. I used to wonder how someone could forget their kid, but the difference between you and me is that when a possible answer with a scientific basis was offered, I read it because I am interested in learning things.

For others reading this who DO have an interest and the attention span to read a full-length article, it's in all the other threads on this subject, or you can Google Washington Post "Fatal Distraction".

Old 09-19-2016, 09:15 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,659,574 times
Something doesn't add up here.

Did anyone read the article? It's poorly written, but the police were called at 6pm from the daycare called Kreative Kids Learning Center in Dayton, OH.

The mother works in a place called Pasadena, OH. The way it is written it sounds like she drove from her job in Pasadena back to Dayton( about 8 miles) with the child in the car, after being in the car all day?

Because the police were called to the daycare not her place of employment in Pasadena, OH.

So she got back in her car after her child was in this car all day and still didn't notice?

How could you not?

It wouldn't be the first time someone wanted to get rid of their child as horrific as it sounds, the guy in Georgia comes to mind.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:51 AM

88,649 posts, read 84,928,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Something doesn't add up here.

Did anyone read the article? It's poorly written, but the police were called at 6pm from the daycare called Kreative Kids Learning Center in Dayton, OH.

The mother works in a place called Pasadena, OH. The way it is written it sounds like she drove from her job in Pasadena back to Dayton( about 8 miles) with the child in the car, after being in the car all day?

Because the police were called to the daycare not her place of employment in Pasadena, OH.

So she got back in her car after her child was in this car all day and still didn't notice?

How could you not?

It wouldn't be the first time someone wanted to get rid of their child as horrific as it sounds, the guy in Georgia comes to mind.
In the Fatal Distraction article, there's another woman who did the same thing. Thought she dropped her kid off that morning and went to pick him up and even stopped at the supermarket on the way! Creepy to think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies