Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2016, 10:28 AM

78,499 posts, read 60,679,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump is not 'sizzling hot news' to New Yorkers or readers of Vanity Fair..
That comment made me chuckle. I mean seriously that's a huge disconnect from reality.

Right now on CNN's front page the word "Trump" is in 9 of the 15 or so article headlines.

VF was just taking a shot at him for ratings so they picked of restaurants and used it as the framework for an attack piece. *shrug* Like I said comes with the job just like Obama, Bush and Clinton got unfair partisan attacks throughout their presidencies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 10:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
You are selling Trump short. He most certainly did serve in the military.

In an interview from 1997, our fearless leader claimed he was a “brave soldier” for avoiding STDs during his single years in the late ’90s.

“It’s amazing, I can’t even believe it. I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world, it is a dangerous world out there. It’s like Vietnam, sort of. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave solider." He elaborated further calling women’s vaginas “potential landmines” and saying “there’s some real danger there.”

Doesn't that count? Gosh, I'd even go as far to call him a war hero 'cause he wasn't captured.

I'm so grateful for the day Trump set me straight about POWs. "He’s not a war hero,” the always eloquent Trump said about Senator McCain. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured."

AND to know that my President's manhood is well proportioned.....well, gee, it just makes me swell with pride.
"Look at those hands, are they small hands?" Trump said during a debate, raising them for all to see. "And, he (he, meaning Rubio) referred to my hands -- 'if they're small, something else must be small.' I guarantee you there's no problem. I guarantee."

So I think you're being very, very mean to Trump. Stop it.
John McCain got even. He recently said Trump is President because of Russia. And McCain likes Presidents that weren't elected by Russia.

Talk about MEAN!

Old 12-16-2016, 10:56 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
The likes of you flatter him with immitation.
Lol...The "flatter" is your opinion but Trump is a ton of fun to imitate. Plus, between painting himself orange every morning and saying one idiotic thing after another, he makes it easy.

He's comedy gold. The fact that he has the emotional maturity of a 3-year-old and gets butt hurt and throws a tantrum whenever people imitate him just adds to the deliciousness.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:05 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,476,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
So much for taking the high road eh? LOL

If it was a real review from a respected master chef from France or something that could care less about politics then you might have something.
Were it not for Trump's angry, juvenile response practically no one would have known - or cared - about Vanity Fair's article. This is not the behavior most people want or expect of the next leader of the free world. It speaks badly of his outlook and priorities.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:44 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,705,103 times
Default Who even thinks of throwing infantile tirades for bad restaurant reviews? Why, trump, of course!

So, Mr. PE thin-skin is at it again. Doesn't like the bad review of his restaurant, so attacks the reviewer.

So, it is a bad review. Grow up, get over, and fix the stuff - like, for example, not having consistent menus, spelling the name of the restaurant differently all over the place, having not-so-great food, and training the wait staff to do... what?...

"her experience ordering from a waiter "determined to gaslight us into thinking we were having a good time":
“Trump gets the taco bowl and the lasagna and baked ziti,” he said, before subsequently informing the table that we could not order the lasagna or baked ziti. I asked the waiter what Trump’s children eat. He didn’t seem to understand the question, or, like Marco Rubio, appeared unable to depart from his prescribed talking points. “Oh, I’ve shaken hands with him before, and they’re pretty normal-sized hands,” he responded."
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/crit...165638984.html

"On Thursday morning, Trump once again took to Twitter to attack a business and an individual that had had the nerve to say something critical about the Trump empire. A day after Vanity Fair published a negative review of Trump Grill, the steakhouse at Trump Tower in New York City, Trump mocked the magazine for having a low circulation and personally attacked the publication’s editor by name as a “no talent.”
Despite his promises to “bring people together,” and to “be president for all Americans,” this is just the latest example of Trump using the bully pulpit to bully critics."

This article goes on to review some of trump's notable departures from his professed goal of "bringing people together".
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-keep...82d#.5gh8a2g94

The behavior would be worth a laugh and a half, except who really wants the PE, much less the POTUS once he takes the oath of office in January, talking about people this way?

Old 12-16-2016, 02:50 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,339,944 times
Yawn.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:43 PM

19,853 posts, read 12,122,348 times
Full blown TDS.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:44 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,127,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
So, Mr. PE thin-skin is at it again. Doesn't like the bad review of his restaurant, so attacks the reviewer.

So, it is a bad review. Grow up, get over, and fix the stuff - like, for example, not having consistent menus, spelling the name of the restaurant differently all over the place, having not-so-great food, and training the wait staff to do... what?...

"her experience ordering from a waiter "determined to gaslight us into thinking we were having a good time":
“Trump gets the taco bowl and the lasagna and baked ziti,” he said, before subsequently informing the table that we could not order the lasagna or baked ziti. I asked the waiter what Trump’s children eat. He didn’t seem to understand the question, or, like Marco Rubio, appeared unable to depart from his prescribed talking points. “Oh, I’ve shaken hands with him before, and they’re pretty normal-sized hands,” he responded."
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/crit...165638984.html

"On Thursday morning, Trump once again took to Twitter to attack a business and an individual that had had the nerve to say something critical about the Trump empire. A day after Vanity Fair published a negative review of Trump Grill, the steakhouse at Trump Tower in New York City, Trump mocked the magazine for having a low circulation and personally attacked the publication’s editor by name as a “no talent.”
Despite his promises to “bring people together,” and to “be president for all Americans,” this is just the latest example of Trump using the bully pulpit to bully critics."

This article goes on to review some of trump's notable departures from his professed goal of "bringing people together".
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-keep...82d#.5gh8a2g94

The behavior would be worth a laugh and a half, except who really wants the PE, much less the POTUS once he takes the oath of office in January, talking about people this way?
Hmmmm. I wonder which party had the axe to grind initially.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:49 PM

27,604 posts, read 28,706,672 times
Few people get to own a restaurant in their own 58-floor skyscraper.

So, I'll give Donald Trump the benefit of the doubt on this.

Old 12-16-2016, 03:49 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,119,061 times
And this is the guy we're trusting to NOT get us into another war? Riiiight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies