Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 12:28 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,991,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I don't believe CNN, or any other source unless I can verify the information.
Does this mean that you literally believe no quote that you don't hear with your own ears?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 12:32 PM

39,341 posts, read 27,740,774 times
I don't think Duterte is Trump's ally. Trump will never view him as one. LOL

Old 12-14-2016, 12:33 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,123,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Does this mean that you literally believe no quote that you don't hear with your own ears?
I take everything with a grain of salt until I can verify it.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:27 PM

1,008 posts, read 489,290 times
Quote:
Get on the record here: do you believe CNN actually fabricates quotes?
They fabricate entire stories, why not fabricate quotes?

CNN Journalist

Quote:
According to Amber Lyon, a three-time Emmy award winning journalist, CNN is routinely paid by the US government and foreign governments to selectively report on certain events and make up fake news stories.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:48 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,991,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
They fabricate entire stories, why not fabricate quotes?

CNN Journalist
You linked a site called Your News Wire, a site that claimed that:

Turkey is going to assassinate Assad and start WWIII

Turkey To Assassinate Assad - World Prepares For World War 3

Obama is opening a ministry of truth

Obama To Open 'Ministry Of Truth' Propaganda Agency - Your News Wire

The pope called alternative reporters "sh*it eaters"

Pope Francis: Alt-Media Investigative Reporters Are "Sh*t Eaters"

Yet, you believe CNN is fake news. I cannot begin to process what goes through a mind like yours.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:55 PM

1,008 posts, read 489,290 times
Quote:
You linked a site called Your News Wire, a site that claimed that:

Turkey is going to assassinate Assad and start WWIII

Turkey To Assassinate Assad - World Prepares For World War 3

Obama is opening a ministry of truth

Obama To Open 'Ministry Of Truth' Propaganda Agency - Your News Wire

The pope called alternative reporters "sh*it eaters"

Pope Francis: Alt-Media Investigative Reporters Are "Sh*t Eaters"

Yet, you believe CNN is fake news. I cannot begin to process what goes through a mind like yours.
trust nothing. The fact you dug around tells me you don't trust anything either. I used that link for brevity.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ing-repression

Anyway it's in much greater detail here, but you won't read it anyway.

Quote:
Why didn't CNN's international arm air its own documentary on Bahrain's Arab Spring repression?

A former CNN correspondent defies threats from her former employer to speak out about self-censorship at the network.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:06 PM

1,478 posts, read 791,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
We need to drop idealism and return to realism in foreign policy. That means dealing with all kinds of people and not making human rights a priority.
I don't entirely disagree. Depends on the extent or potential consequences.

That is why I leave Duterte to God. Some people of the sword may justly meet their end by other people of the sword even if those other people of the sword be Filipino cops with a Presidential mandate handed down to them to clean up the streets by any means necessary. Gangsters certainly don't care about human rights violations.

Sometimes when fighting the Chicagoans in Chicago you have to fight the Chicago Way.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xFWfOBfTQLg

But if he's (Duterte) executing some skinny, ragged dressed, hungry, impoverished, shunned, tragic drug addict not really hurting anyone as much as he is hurting himself, then he crosses a line, against the Boss of all Bosses. You start tough guying against "the least," against the transsexual or skinny drug addict not bothering people on the street, then you will have to answer to the Boss of all Bosses. And you're not going to be sticking your chest out, strutting around all brash when He's dressing you down. God's power is immense, to whom every President and King is but a drop in a bucket.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:08 PM

39,341 posts, read 27,740,774 times
I guess he is tougher than internet keyboard warriors.

Old 12-14-2016, 03:14 PM

37,962 posts, read 17,939,067 times
Quote:
Philippines President Duterte admits killing suspects - CNN.com

Trump has invited this man to the White House. Strongmen respect Strongmen.
Bad when Trump meets with someone who orders the executions. Okay for Obama to actually order them.

Because when it comes to murdering thousands of innocents when no ones rights have been violated, that's our job.

Documents detailing a special operations campaign in northeastern Afghanistan, Operation Haymaker, show that between January 2012 and February 2013, U.S. special operations airstrikes killed more than 200 people. Of those, only 35 were the intended targets. During one five-month period of the operation, according to the documents, nearly 90 percent of the people killed in airstrikes were not the intended targets.

Nearly 90 Percent Of People Killed In Recent Drone Strikes Were Not The Target | The Huffington Post

Obama did it.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:52 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,873,537 times
Default Trump: Vanity Fair is Dead

President elect's tweeted reaction to the Trump Grill receiving a lousy restaurant review.

The president-elect just attacked Vanity Fair on Twitter because they gave Trump Grill a bad review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies