Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 05:10 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times

Advertisements

Follow the money. This book is spot on and the summary in my link is full of good material.
--------------------
Prohibition kills a massive number of people in the United States every year. It does help make a few people extremely wealthy, but at the same time, it impoverishes the rest of us. This dire situation is mostly unknown, but it is not due to a simple misunderstanding or lack of knowledge about prohibition. It is because prohibition is nothing but a scam.

Steve Kubby’s foreword to Jesse Ventura’s Marijuana Manifesto demonstrates that the state has no moral purpose for enforcing marijuana prohibition. Rather, the state is actively covering up the fact that marijuana is not highly dangerous and marijuana has well-established benefits.

Readers will be amazed at how callously law enforcement and the justice system treated Kubby and his wife. However, do not forget that the state’s enforcement of drug prohibition laws give them the opportunity to brandish their weapons in an attempt to scare us. Such laws have also been enacted and enforced to suppress minority groups.

Entrepreneurs and scientists are only beginning to explore the potential of marijuana and hemp. The plant promises to be a near cure-all medicinal ingredient. Hemp seeds are a super nutrition food that can help restore and maintain health. The plants are a master ingredient, like crude oil, that can be used to produce, or help produce, just about everything we need without the use of fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides.

https://mises.org/blog/special-inter...na-prohibition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 01:11 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,791 times
Quote:
SCIENTISTS WORKING TO PREVENT MONSANTO FROM MONOPOLIZING ON CANNABIS STRAINS, BUT CAN THEY STOP IT?
Scientists Working to Prevent Monsanto from Monopolizing on Cannabis Strains, But Can They Stop It? – High Times

Old 10-20-2016, 01:13 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,791 times
Quote:
Monsanto, Bayer and the Push for Corporate Cannabis

Monsanto, Bayer and the Push for Corporate Cannabis

Old 10-20-2016, 01:52 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,599,501 times
I'll continue to grow my own.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:10 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,360 times
Laughable

In excess of 150 million dollars has been put into prop 62 by the pro marijuana folks..a pittance by the anti folks. Much of the money comes from a billionaire who hopes to capitalize on becoming the McDonald's of marijuana.
Interestingly enough many small growers in California are against the initiative because it is constructed to put them out of business within five years.
BMEis already up and running... The seven million has already been allocated and the accountants are already sharpening their pencils. The never ending thirst for money by politicians will push the initiative to pass.

Oregon sold 160 millions dollars of weed last year..taking in 40 million in taxes..sounds great doesn't it?
Not after you factor in all the costs..from lost worker productivity to duid... The real costs get fuzzy..just like Colorado and Washington... The devil has its due

My salary exceeds 100k... Thank you dope smokers
I've already made the first payment on my vacation cabin...we plan to have it paid off in three years..couldn't have done it without you

Big biz is all over a new crop of addicted folks
Jesse Ventura is a whack job
Kaewena is right.and as I have said for over a year... Big agribiz and tobacco companies are working tirelessly for the green dollars.of course in California the fraud will be rampant..just like the other states..but ..hey. that's why we get paid the big bucks to support your habit. Thanks

Old 10-20-2016, 05:36 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Oregon sold 160 millions dollars of weed last year..taking in 40 million in taxes..sounds great doesn't it?
Not after you factor in all the costs..from lost worker productivity to duid... The real costs get fuzzy..just like Colorado and Washington... The devil has its due
[citation needed]

Old 10-20-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Kaewena is right.and as I have said for over a year... Big agribiz and tobacco companies are working tirelessly for the green dollars.of course in California the fraud will be rampant..just like the other states..but ..hey. that's why we get paid the big bucks to support your habit. Thanks
You never have and never will get paid the big bucks.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
[citation needed]
Don't hold your breath.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:21 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
I guess busting pot smokers is a lot easier and less dangerous than going after real criminals.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:34 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
I'll continue to grow my own.
well... if by some hapnestance, your home grown gets cross pollinated with a Monsanto variety, and you plant those seeds, you will be in violation of the law and subject to fines and more.

Monsanto will come get a leaf, genetically test it, go to the government and get you raided for violating their patent.

so be careful that your home grown isn't grown where the "wind" can blow pollen in your direction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies