Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 08:53 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times

Advertisements

Actually happens all the time .

And ..again.. you are incorrect..I call them as I see them.. and I have disagreed with police actions on many occasions.. but.. I also know what comes out in the end is rarely what comes out in the beginning.. I believe this case will not be any different

OP states there is an implicit bias...

I review internet postings ..one of which is public and linked to this thread by topic and shows implicit bias...I have no need in identifying anyone should they not choose to share.. I could care less who people are personally and its a violation of TOS...but Im not afraid to call the kettle black either...

Why was race interjected into this post anyway.. there wasn't any evidence there was some kind of racial profiling ..was there ?.. no.. but it was added by the op.. and that shows a bias..
Race was interjected to inflame sensitivities...

Dont you agree?

OP shows implicit bias all the time but states other have it..I find that to be a part of this thread and the subject line.. and fair game for discussion

People whine all the time about injustices in our world.. I would also like to hear what they personally do to improve it so we dont have continued never ending dysfunction.

Was the man compliant in this case... No .. he was not...
Was there legal justification to detain him... yes there was..

Was unnecessary force used during that detention? Maybe... and maybe not.. That is for a trier of fact.. the videos weren't withheld.

Should we convict because you say so.. without a full understanding of the situation and law...
Absolutely not

Working for a small city you work at the pleasure of the town manager or counsel.. getting fired.. especially today is easy and not uncommon.. although people with bias say otherwise all the time.. most small towns would rather fire an officer today and see if they sue to come back than have some public debate over a hot button issue where they might have further liability

Lets see where it goes...

BLM.. anarchists.. misguided people.. and uber tilted and liberal media have fostered an attitude that black folks are being unfairly and inappropriately targeted by the police.. wrong.. over and over wrong

Is there bias in the country heck yes.. is there personal bias in every profession heck yes...
Police are the most checked and balanced profession in this country.. they didnt arrive on that doorstep that day because they were just driving around and said hey..lets go fark with this guy because he looks like a good victim for a beat down.. do you agree?

They had a legitimate reason to detain him

Do you agree?... because if you dont then your rudimentary understanding of the law is flawed

A healthy look in the mirror is good for all of us

But hey.. its the internet...and what happens here has little effect upon the world

Thanks for sharing...

Old 10-02-2016, 09:05 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I don't believe you. A few of my friends have and so have I. So either you only know 2 black people or they don't bother talking to a brick wall.

The victims actions were no cause for the dirty cop to act the way he did.

It went sideways when the dirty cop lost his cool over a nothing event. Using the phone is not a crime.
In what way was this police officer "dirty"

Did he lie in his report?.. not that we know of

Did he give false testimony? not that we know of

Did he arrest without probable cause? not that we know of

Does a police officer have the legal right to detain you at their choosing? ..when sufficient PC has occurred.. I hope you say yes.. because they do.. they didnt have to convey their intentions (although its a good idea if its tactically appropriate)

Bias... it comes in many forms

Old 10-02-2016, 10:24 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
The cop has tats too.

Jus' sayin'.
The guy had prison tats not just regular ones. The teardrops indicate either mourning, you've either successfully killed or tried to kill another, or you're looking for revenge on a murder.

Although there could be other meanings depending on gang/location/etc.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:30 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Bias... it comes in many forms
Yes it does, especially the form of cops that stay behind the blue line and watch other cops perform corruptly. They get paid to exercise bias.

Old 10-02-2016, 11:27 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Yes it does, especially the form of cops that stay behind the blue line and watch other cops perform corruptly. They get paid to exercise bias.
Unfortunately, that seems to be the norm...not the exception.

The apologists never address this. They'd rather pretend it doesn't exist.

Old 10-03-2016, 02:47 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The cop got triggered with the words "cops harassing me". Liberalism is destroying America.
The cop WAS harassing him! Liberalism has nothing to with it. Don't you value civil rights at all?

And " triggered" are you kidding me? I wanted to punch somebody in the face the other day because he
" triggered me" How well would that have played out in my criminal defense? Because I guarantee you, I would have been charged.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:40 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
blame all cops for the action of one, then complain when all blacks are characterized by the action of one black. same, same but different

net sum zero gain

Individual beahvior is a lost concept, with a gang mentality everyone has to belong to some gang as no individual can possibly be responsible for themselves
Who's blaming all cops?

Old 10-03-2016, 07:52 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
When he provided a valid ID with the matching address, they should have backed down.
Or they could have walked next door and asked. Again, this is the difference between "keeping the peace" like Andy versus "enforcing the law" like Barney.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:54 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
When Colin Kaepernick takes a knee, this is what he's doing it for.

Video Shows Carolina Cop Violently Arrest Black Man For Sitting On His Porch | Huffington Post
Oh, please!!!

Old 10-03-2016, 08:11 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Someone called the police, OK. This guy produced an ID and the address that he was at was listed on the ID. That should have been the end of this dispatch. But no, the police escalated the situation because they are programmed to undervalue African Americans. This is much worse than racial profiling.. There's a systematic problem with ingrained bigotry and hate...
I don't think they are trained to undervalue African Ameirican lives. BUT I do believe
1. They aren't trained to value African American lives.
2. They are mostly trained (except in a few areas) to escalate situations instead of de-escalate.

I realize point one is mostly symantical in nature but its a point worth making. My dad was a police officer and was shot in the line of duty....by a black man... during my college years, I got a job as a police officer working in a local jail. My dad sat me down and told me that I needed to be careful not to allow the job to start making me see everyone as a criminal with something to hide. He said no one told him that and it took years for him to shake it after he stopped being a police officer.

When you work as a police officer in a community, you start seeing everyone there thru the view of its worst elements. and there is no training that deals with this. and there is far too little interaction between the police and the BEST parts of the community.

these are fixable things that aren't yet being fixed. some places are making strides. but nowhere near enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies